Bullseye-L Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Pennsylvania House Bill 2344

+4
Oleg G
inthebeech
spursnguns
larryx
8 posters

Go down

Pennsylvania House Bill 2344  Empty Pennsylvania House Bill 2344

Post by larryx 5/3/2020, 8:19 am

Just received this.

Pennsylvania House Bill 2344 is a step in the wrong direction. If this gets passed in Pennsylvania it will be a great step in disarming Pennsylvania citizens.Because guns are useless without bullets.The fact this is being smoke screened by Covid-19 hysteria makes it difficult to get people's attention. House Bill 2344 is a Gun Control Bill that tries to limit access to ammunition. H.B.2344 if passed will go into effect like this
-You will be required to apply for an Ammunition Purchase Authorization Permit.
-You will Apply for this permit to the Pennsylvania State Police. Which costs $50 and you have to renew your premit every 4 yrs.
-it will take 30 days to process your permit and background check.
-It will track all of your ammunition purchases.And it gives the state the right to revoke your ammo permit.
-on Every ammunition purchase there will be a $3 tax that will go to Pennsylvania Firearm Instant Record Check Fund.
-You can't purchase ammunition from out of state. Without transferring it to a licensed dealer first.
-You can order ammunition online but it will be against the law to deliver it to your home.You can do online orders but it must be delivered to a licensed dealer 1st.
There is still a lot of missing information in my opinion. BUT IT IS A VIOLATION OF THE 2ND AMENDMENT AND SEEMS LIKE A MONEY RACKET.Do we still value the United States Constitution and Bill of Rights?

Gov. Wolf is trying to push HB 2344, though while everyone is focused on his shut down of the state. 

https://www.legis.state.pa.us/cfdocs/billinfo/billinfo.cfm?sYear=2019&sInd=0&body=H&type=B&bn=2344

larryx

Back to top Go down

Pennsylvania House Bill 2344  Empty Re: Pennsylvania House Bill 2344

Post by spursnguns 5/5/2020, 9:18 am

Hello larryx,

This is similar to the hell California has.  The most basic fundamental of Bullseye is....the Second Amendment.

Jim
spursnguns
spursnguns

Back to top Go down

Post by inthebeech 5/5/2020, 3:40 pm

Hopefully good news in the quote below.  When I retire later this year we will be moving back to PA where I came from so this is of particular interest to me.

In regards to the bill's referral to the House Judiciary Committee, Chairman Rob Kauffman stated, “This unconstitutional legislation is an affront to every law-abiding gun owner in the Commonwealth of Pennsylvania. HB 2344 goes on the list of anti-Second Amendment legislation that will never see the light of day as long as I’m Chairman of the House Judiciary Committee in Pennsylvania.”
inthebeech
inthebeech

Back to top Go down

Post by Oleg G 5/5/2020, 3:42 pm

Great quote, thanks!
I signed the petition against this bill nonetheless.
Oleg G
Oleg G

Back to top Go down

Post by REConley 5/5/2020, 4:19 pm

i have mixed feelings about these bills that generally appear during election cycles. I initially I thought they were just election year statements to motivate one's voters. But lately, I have stated to believe that they, to some extent, are designed to rile up the 2 nd amendment voters and squeeze some donations from them. I know these are sponsored by democrats, but I starting to believe they are getting a cut of the action. In either case, it normally is very obvious that the bills never will see the light of day.
REConley
REConley

Back to top Go down

Post by spursnguns 5/5/2020, 4:53 pm

REConley wrote:i have mixed feelings about these bills that generally appear during election cycles. I initially I thought they were just election year statements to motivate one's voters. But lately, I have stated to believe that they, to some extent, are designed to rile up the 2 nd amendment voters and squeeze some donations from them. I know these are sponsored by democrats, but I starting to believe they are getting a cut of the action. In either case, it normally is very obvious that the bills never will see the light of day.

....hmmm.  That's what we used to say to.

Jim
spursnguns
spursnguns

Back to top Go down

Post by dronning 5/5/2020, 5:04 pm

REConley wrote:i have mixed feelings about these bills that generally appear during election cycles. I initially I thought they were just election year statements to motivate one's voters. But lately, I have stated to believe that they, to some extent, are designed to rile up the 2 nd amendment voters and squeeze some donations from them. I know these are sponsored by democrats, but I starting to believe they are getting a cut of the action. In either case, it normally is very obvious that the bills never will see the light of day.
Until they do.  The best time for them to pass is when supporters of 2A get complacent or distracted.
dronning
dronning

Back to top Go down

Post by spursnguns 5/5/2020, 5:06 pm

dronning wrote:Until they do.  The best time for them to pass is when supporters of 2A get complacent or distracted.

+1

Jim
spursnguns
spursnguns

Back to top Go down

Post by REConley 5/5/2020, 5:22 pm

supporters of 2A get complacent or distracted.

For the last 15 years before my retirement, one of my duties was to track all bills going though the GA General Assembly that dealt with a specific Title. In the State of GA there is no such thing as sneaking or rushing anything through. From First Read, Second Read, Assignment to Committee and on and on in both the House and Senate everyone/anyone can see the status of any bill and read it, version by version as it gets amended. I would suggest that the only gun people that would not hear about a anti gun bill in the GA General Assembly lived under two rocks.  Smile

REConley
REConley

Back to top Go down

Post by dronning 5/5/2020, 6:20 pm

REConley wrote:supporters of 2A get complacent or distracted.

I would suggest that the only gun people that would not hear about a anti gun bill in the GA General Assembly lived under two rocks.  Smile

Unfortunately not the case in every State or even the Federal govt.  Remember the the quote "you have to vote on it to see what's in it".
- Dave
dronning
dronning

Back to top Go down

Post by BE Mike 5/6/2020, 9:01 am

This just shows us how much we all need to support our state associations. Having an alert state lobbyist at the capital helps educate the state legislatures who mostly aren't gun people. When educated, most reasonable legislators will see the flaws in this type of proposed legislation.
BE Mike
BE Mike

Back to top Go down

Post by dieselguy624 5/6/2020, 9:42 am

This bill was withdrawn.

dieselguy624

Back to top Go down

Post by BE Mike 5/6/2020, 9:46 am

dieselguy624 wrote:This bill was withdrawn.
Ya think Nancy would tear it up, so it can never be re-introduced? clown
BE Mike
BE Mike

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down