Bullseye-L Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

What Custom Grip Suppliers do you Recommend

+3
mpolans
straybrit
rkittine
7 posters

Go down

What Custom Grip Suppliers do you Recommend Empty What Custom Grip Suppliers do you Recommend

Post by rkittine Mon Jun 08, 2020 7:08 am

I have no experience whittling, so the blocks of wood that came with my TOZ-35M, will stay blocks of wood. The 3D Printed ones probably will work, but I would like something both functioning and better looking. Will also want to have grips made from some of my other target pistols.

Thanks, Bob
rkittine
rkittine

Back to top Go down

What Custom Grip Suppliers do you Recommend Empty Re: What Custom Grip Suppliers do you Recommend

Post by straybrit Mon Jun 08, 2020 10:46 am

I recently got Dick Horton to make one for my 22 1911. COVID issues are keeping me at home but it makes dry firing a pleasure. That alone is probably worth 15 points. Looks really good as well.

straybrit

Back to top Go down

What Custom Grip Suppliers do you Recommend Empty Re: What Custom Grip Suppliers do you Recommend

Post by Guest Mon Jun 08, 2020 11:25 am

I love Thomas Rink grips (Pardini USA are their agent here) which can be mail ordered direct from Rink in Germany. But - be warned - the latest set I ordered recently has been stuck in Customs at Frankfurt Airport for the past 6 weeks! They may just be part of the back-log caused by COVID, or they may have gone astray. The DHL tracking tool ceases to be of any use once a parcel hits the German Customs Black Hole!

Dick Horton makes grips which are a work of art and his customer service is outstanding.

Back to top Go down

Post by mpolans Mon Jun 08, 2020 12:17 pm

I've had a Horton grip for a Walther OSP and Rink grips for a Pardini SP and K12.  Both are excellent.  If you want laminated grips, Rink offers several color options (Horton doesn't do laminated woods).

mpolans

Back to top Go down

Post by javaduke Mon Jun 08, 2020 1:54 pm

I'm a big fan of Rink grips, I have an older set on my TOZ. Also I'm currently in process of obtaining a 3d printed set of grips from Andrew Berryhill for one of my pistols. However, I also have some Nill grips and factory Pardini and Morini ones. All work pretty well, however, I was unable to keep any one of them pristine and good looking and had to molest them with various kinds of putty (Sugru is one of the best ones I tried) in order to make them fit properly. Im afraid that's what you will end up doing. I know it's a shame to take putty to Dick Horton's grips, the question is, what's more important for you, form or function, because most likely you can't have both.

javaduke

https://eb-custom.us

Back to top Go down

Post by rkittine Mon Jun 08, 2020 2:58 pm

Thanks, 

Maybe I will just stay with the 3D Printed ones than. At $155.00 plus $20 for the wood filling , I guess it is more worth it if you are going to further cut them up.

Bob
rkittine
rkittine

Back to top Go down

Post by Steve B Mon Jun 08, 2020 8:10 pm

Nill makes great grips.  Also, look at Herrett's.

Steve B

Back to top Go down

Post by Dockokol Tue Jun 09, 2020 3:49 pm

Ive used custom Harretts and 3d printed from Precision target pistol grips.  I like the 3d printed ones best.  They really fit like a glove.  Price was good and service after the sale was great.

Dockokol

Back to top Go down

Post by rkittine Wed Jun 10, 2020 6:56 pm

I talked to Dick Horton today and he does not seem to be offering many Bullseye Grips any more. He actually said he was looking for a Sig P240 and he doesn't make grips for them . Of all the pistols I want to get better grips for, the only ones he has covered are the 1911 frames and the model 41, but Rink has been a great communicator and I am about to order my first set of custom grips from them.

Thanks for all the input.

Bob
rkittine
rkittine

Back to top Go down

Post by mpolans Wed Jun 10, 2020 7:19 pm

rkittine wrote:I talked to Dick Horton today and he does not seem to be offering many Bullseye Grips any more. He actually said he was looking for a Sig P240 and he doesn't make grips for them . Of all the pistols I want to get better grips for, the only ones he has covered are the 1911 frames and the model 41, but Rink has been a great communicator and I am about to order my first set of custom grips from them.

Thanks for all the input.

Bob
You might want to see if anyone else in your area is also interested in a set of Rink grips.  Shipping from them is 47 Euros for up to 5kg, so you can fit a lot of grips under that weight limit and divvy up the shipping.  On the plus side, their wait time is currently two weeks, which is the lowest I've seen it in a long time.  Another guy and I just ordered a couple sets.

mpolans

Back to top Go down

Post by rkittine Thu Jun 11, 2020 2:20 pm

Thanks for the heads up about the shipping. I will have to see if any of my shooting friends want any.

Bob
rkittine
rkittine

Back to top Go down

What Custom Grip Suppliers do you Recommend Empty DICK HORTON GRIP AVAILABILITY

Post by DHMG1 Thu Jun 11, 2020 6:02 pm

DICK HORTON GRIPS are actually available for most popular Bullseye pistols based on current availability of "pattern guns" on hand. There are some exceptions, due to the expensive nature of procuring some models. HORTON Grips are designed and built as a "HOBBY" to help promote the Shooting Sports and offer an American made product as a solution to OEM grip issues. Going forward, the plan is to acquire additional inventory such as SIG P240, Walther SSP, S&W 952. Customers do have the option of shipping their pistols  to be utilized as patterns with a one week turnaround. Your support has been greatly appreciated over the years.

DICK HORTON

DHMG1

Back to top Go down

Post by rkittine Thu Jun 11, 2020 7:09 pm

Sorry Dick if I mis-spoke about the correspondence that you sent to me. I was looking for custom grips for a MP3S, P240 and TOZ-35M, which I guess are part of the group that you do not have pattern guns for.

Bob
rkittine
rkittine

Back to top Go down

Post by rkittine Sat Jun 27, 2020 4:02 pm

Well I bit the bullet and ordered Rink Grips. Plus I ordered the matching forend and weights, since they ship together without additional cost (37 euro) The game me a ship date of July 9th.

Bob
rkittine
rkittine

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down