Bullseye-L Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

New Member introduction Topic

5 posters

Go down

New Member introduction Topic Empty New Member introduction Topic

Post by Greatviews Thu Jun 11, 2020 7:11 pm

Hi Everyone.

Wow! It is getting warm in Az. So, Hello from San Diego.
Greatviews
Greatviews

Back to top Go down

New Member introduction Topic Empty Re: New Member introduction Topic

Post by Wobbley Thu Jun 11, 2020 7:57 pm

Hey there.
Wobbley
Wobbley
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by lakemurrayman Fri Jun 12, 2020 8:42 pm

Howdy and welcome

lakemurrayman

Back to top Go down

New Member introduction Topic Empty NEW MEMBER INTRODUCTION TOPIC

Post by m14shooter Wed Aug 16, 2023 1:46 am

Hello everyone,

I've been shooting competitively since the mid 80s, one of the initial members of the USS THEODORE ROOSEVELT shooting team.  I started as a rifle shooter and was handed a pistol and told to shoot the leg matches to add more legs.  I finished my Navy career in August 2004 having my primary job as  a shipboard sailor and side job as a member of the USNMT.  I'm a distinguished marksman (what the Navy and Marines call a distinguished rifleman) and President 100 (rifle).  I went distinguished with the M14/M1A and P100 with the black gun in the days before scopes.  My last assignment was USS RONALD REAGAN and the CO allowed me to shoot both rifle and pistol Interservice and National matches while the ship transited from Norfolk to San Diego.  I was the NCOIC of the Active Navy rifle team from about 91 though 04.  I served as OIC of the active pistol team at Interservice and Nationals in 2004 and got 18 pistol points before I retired.

I shot rifle and dabbled at pistol at Camp Perry till 2019, then COVID stopped everything.  As a Smallbore Coach I was asked to coach NRA now CMP SB Camp at Perry.  In 2021 and 22 camp ran concurrently with Pistol, so the juniors took precedence. 

I retired in May from my second career and decided I need to start competing again.  I competed this year at the Navy Matches (East) and Nationals.  I shot better at Nationals than I expected, even though I was anchorman on the RNSA NTT.  Still chasing my last six Pistol points. Trying to decide whether I should concentrate on the M9 for service pistol or the 1911 in .45.  I picked up a Dave Sam's M9 two days before the match and without practice shot it for the CF match at Perry.  I was using yellow box UMC 115 grain ammo that was in my camper and was surprised how well I shot, although about 10 points less than my .45 service pistol.  I only had enough ammo for CF and CF team so now I need to find a load that works at 50 yds.  

Too much rambling.  Great to be here and meet other competitors.  

Paul
m14shooter
m14shooter

mbmshooter, swehrman, chopper, onlylead and shanneba like this post

Back to top Go down

Post by ermakevin Fri Aug 25, 2023 9:32 am

hello  Welcome back and happy retirement
ermakevin
ermakevin

Back to top Go down

Post by Wobbley Fri Aug 25, 2023 12:42 pm

Since the CMP no longer requires the use of 230 ball, I’d develop a 185 JHP load and rebalance the springs on your 1911 service pistol.  For your M9 I’d see if I could develop a 147 grain bullet load.  It seems that most get good results at velocities around 900 fps.
Wobbley
Wobbley
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down