Bullseye-L Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Bullseye APP on iPhone not working? What else is available for timing drills?

+14
-TT-
mspingeld
ddivins
Steve in MI
toddcfii
Dr.Don
Ed Hall
rfirth
willnewton
dronning
mikemyers
James Hensler
james r chapman
Gustavo1957
18 posters

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

Bullseye APP on iPhone not working?  What else is available for timing drills? Empty Bullseye APP on iPhone not working? What else is available for timing drills?

Post by Gustavo1957 Mon Jun 15, 2020 9:01 pm

Hello,

Went to range tonight to shoot outside pistol league and we found that the BULLSEYE APP that we normally use with on iPhone and Bluetooth speaker is no longer available fro APP STORE.

We have a manual timer, but like the loud audio.

Does anyone have a solution to this?

Thank You !!

Gustavo1957

Back to top Go down

Bullseye APP on iPhone not working?  What else is available for timing drills? Empty Re: Bullseye APP on iPhone not working? What else is available for timing drills?

Post by james r chapman Mon Jun 15, 2020 9:09 pm

Try
https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=my.namespace.betimer&gl=us&hl=en
Guess this is the android app
james r chapman
james r chapman
Admin

Back to top Go down

Bullseye APP on iPhone not working?  What else is available for timing drills? Empty Re: Bullseye APP on iPhone not working? What else is available for timing drills?

Post by Gustavo1957 Mon Jun 15, 2020 9:13 pm

Hi,

I think that is for an Android?  Not found for iPhone.

TY

Gustavo1957

Back to top Go down

Post by James Hensler Mon Jun 15, 2020 10:26 pm

Bullseye APP on iPhone not working?  What else is available for timing drills? 4feb7b10This is the only thing you could even need! Best ever
James Hensler
James Hensler

Back to top Go down

Post by mikemyers Mon Jun 15, 2020 11:23 pm

It used to work on iPhone - I already have it installed on mine.   But I just checked for "Bullseye Range Commands" and got an error message "This app is currently not available in your country or region".   

Works great on iPhone - maybe you can send an email to:
Support:  fatboy47@gmail.com

I've got version 2.1.1 Build 8.  Maybe they're updating it?
I'll send him an email tonight.
mikemyers
mikemyers

Back to top Go down

Post by dronning Mon Jun 15, 2020 11:38 pm

I have the app on my phone and it still works, I just tried it.  
Not on app store, I sure hope this isn't Apple censoring a "gun" app.

If it is this will be the last iPhone/Apple Product I ever buy.
- Dave
dronning
dronning

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue Jun 16, 2020 12:27 am

vvvvv

Last edited by radjag on Tue Jun 16, 2020 8:54 am; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : Better)

Back to top Go down

Post by Gustavo1957 Tue Jun 16, 2020 5:59 am

Appreciate the feedback. 2 peoples iPhones wasn't there any more. 1 still did work. We have a Timer at the range to bring outside. And our targets don't turn. 

I like it on the phone for shooting behind my barn or when visiting others.

Gustavo1957

Back to top Go down

Post by willnewton Tue Jun 16, 2020 6:37 am

dronning wrote:I have the app on my phone and it still works, I just tried it.  

- Dave

It is very obvious that Apple does not censor “gun” apps.  They literally sell an app called GunApp.  They have hundreds of gun apps and the many I have downloaded all work fine.
willnewton
willnewton
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by rfirth Tue Jun 16, 2020 7:09 am

I ran into this about 2 months ago. It appears that once your iPhone’s iOS software updates to a certain level the excellent Bullseye Range Commands app is no longer available. I did contact him and got this response:
think there is an issue with my account and I think I’d be required to completely rewrite the app to modern standards.
Let me see what’s going on.
Thanks!
dsd

Have heard nothing further. Really like this app for practice matches!

rfirth

Back to top Go down

Post by mikemyers Tue Jun 16, 2020 9:15 am

Is it still available on Android?  If so, what name do I need to search for?  Last night "Bullseye Range Commands" didn't find anything, but I was half asleep.

My iPhone is fully up to date, and the app still works on it - but many other apps needed to be re-written because of changes in iOS.
mikemyers
mikemyers

Back to top Go down

Post by dronning Tue Jun 16, 2020 9:29 am

willnewton wrote:
dronning wrote:I have the app on my phone and it still works, I just tried it.  

- Dave

It is very obvious that Apple does not censor “gun” apps.  They literally sell an app called GunApp.  They have hundreds of gun apps and the many I have downloaded all work fine.
Yep you are right just a little over reaction to the cancel culture sweeping over the nation.  They (the CC) disarmed Elmer Fud and cancelled Paw Patrol for Ch...t sake.

Last edited by dronning on Tue Jun 16, 2020 9:52 am; edited 1 time in total
dronning
dronning

Back to top Go down

Post by rfirth Tue Jun 16, 2020 9:38 am

To be specific the app Bullseye Range Commands still works fine on my old iPhone with iOS 10.3.4 but does not load on my new iPhone with iOS 13.5.1
As such I keep my old iPhone in my range box!

rfirth

Back to top Go down

Post by Ed Hall Tue Jun 16, 2020 8:05 pm

If your iPhones still play mp3 files, you could get the Timed and Rapid .mp3s from The Encyclopedia of Bullseye Pistol (John Dryer's site), still maintained by our admin:

Studio-Recorded Range Commands as .MP3s

Ed Hall

http://www.starreloaders.com/edhall/

Back to top Go down

Post by Dr.Don Wed Jun 17, 2020 9:53 am

Mine is still working on iPhone 8 with iOS 13.4.1.
Dr.Don
Dr.Don

Back to top Go down

Post by mikemyers Wed Jun 17, 2020 9:57 am

If you already have the app, it will probably continue working for a long time, unless Apple does a major update to the operating system.

The reason people can't install it on phones now, is because it's no longer in the App Store to be installed.  

Unless/until they put it back in the App Store, I don't know any way of adding it to any iPhone, regardless of age or operating system.
mikemyers
mikemyers

Back to top Go down

Post by toddcfii Wed Jun 17, 2020 10:05 am

It is very obvious that Apple does not censor “gun” apps. They literally sell an app called GunApp. They have hundreds of gun apps and the many I have downloaded all work fine.Yep you are right just a little over reaction to the cancel culture sweeping over the nation. They (the CC) disarmed Elmer Fud and cancelled Paw Patrol for Ch...t sake.

This is not true. At least in some cases. For instance Apple purposely does not allow the gunbroker app. I had it on an older phone that I had loaded about four years ago. When I switched to a newer phone and tried to download it it was not available. I looked on the gunbroker site and they explain that Apple decided to no longer allow it. Maybe the range commands app falls in the same boat.

Here is the post from GB:
Information on Apple and Google Policies

Apple / Iphone / Ipad

Unfortunately, Apple has removed our app from their store. They state our app violates their guidelines. Here is what they told us:

"Apple has removed your App since it violates our guidelines. Specifically, this item:

1. Safety

When people install an app from the App Store, they want to feel confident it’s safe to do so— that the app doesn’t contain upsetting or offensive content, won’t damage their device, and isn’t likely to cause physical harm from its use. We’ve outlined the major pitfalls below, but if you’re looking to shock and offend people, the App Store isn’t the right place for your app.

1.1 Objectionable Content

Apps should not include content that is offensive, insensitive, upsetting, intended to disgust, or in exceptionally poor taste. Examples of such content include:

1.3 Depictions that encourage illegal or reckless use of weapons and dangerous objects, or facilitate the purchase of firearms."

Access to Apple's complete guidelines are available here: https://developer.apple.com/app-store/review/guidelines/
toddcfii
toddcfii

Back to top Go down

Post by dronning Wed Jun 17, 2020 10:39 am

There may be a way to get the app on a new iphone but only if you saved it to iTunes from an old phone or ipad.  It's not 100% guaranteed.
https://www.macworld.com/article/3297057/how-to-copy-a-discontinued-ios-app-to-another-ios-device.html

- Dave
dronning
dronning

Back to top Go down

Post by Steve in MI Wed Jun 17, 2020 1:01 pm

Ed Hall wrote:If your iPhones still play mp3 files, you could get the Timed and Rapid .mp3s from The Encyclopedia of Bullseye Pistol (John Dryer's site), still maintained by our admin:

Is there a way to download the MP3 files?

Steve in MI

Back to top Go down

Post by Ed Hall Wed Jun 17, 2020 4:39 pm

Steve in MI wrote:
Ed Hall wrote:If your iPhones still play mp3 files, you could get the Timed and Rapid .mp3s from The Encyclopedia of Bullseye Pistol (John Dryer's site), still maintained by our admin:

Is there a way to download the MP3 files?
There should be a method from your browser, but I'm not familiar with iPhones.  Possibly try holding on the file until a sub-menu appears and look through it for something like "save link as."  Otherwise, you could try right click on a desktop, "save link as" and then do a USB file upload from the desktop to the iPhone.  Perhaps someone with an iPhone could see if that's workable and give the steps.  I suppose you could even send them as an email attachment from your desktop to your phone.

Ed Hall

http://www.starreloaders.com/edhall/

Back to top Go down

Post by James Hensler Wed Jun 17, 2020 6:38 pm

I used mine today Bullseye APP on iPhone not working?  What else is available for timing drills? Eb4e2610
Bullseye APP on iPhone not working?  What else is available for timing drills? 553b7610
James Hensler
James Hensler

Back to top Go down

Post by james r chapman Thu Jun 18, 2020 11:58 am

It’s no longer available on the app page.
Don’t know why.

Download Dyers timed and rapid fire mp3 to your iPhone.
Save to your homepage and create a TIMER file and move them there.

Bullseye APP on iPhone not working?  What else is available for timing drills? 9764ed10
Bullseye APP on iPhone not working?  What else is available for timing drills? 8c4cb510
james r chapman
james r chapman
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by ddivins Thu Jun 25, 2020 10:10 am

Hi all. I am the author of the App and am surprised I had this many users.
The reason it’s no longer on the App Store is purely on me. The App has not been updated in ages and Apple wanted me to update it to support new guidelines (like 64bit and native resolution for all devices). Unfortunately, I really don’t have the time to rewrite the app so I let my developer account expire.

I’m not a professional developer, just a bit of a hack and this was a fun side project. I’m happy to let someone take this over (I can provide the code as a base).

Maybe one solution is for me to publish the code on GitHub and then anyone who wants it can fork it or side load I’d they can.

I’m open to solutions..

Best!
dsd

ddivins

DBoy and tray999 like this post

Back to top Go down

Post by mspingeld Thu Jun 25, 2020 11:00 am

@ddivins

I, for one, would be willing to make a modest financial contribution if it would give you some incentive to update the app.

p.s. "Barely Competent"? We have to do something about that!

mspingeld
Admin

ddivins and Zippy like this post

Back to top Go down

Post by -TT- Thu Jun 25, 2020 11:52 am

I don't want to raise expectations too early, but I'm getting close to release of my app for bullseye match timing. We've been using it in my league for a few years and it's been overdue for sharing. I've been working with Fenton on remote PTTC turning control, and it's working well. It runs on Android, iOS and also Windows, and it'll be free.

Honestly, it's still a little ways off because I have to finish some things, then register and submit it to all three app stores, but I'm hopeful it can be soon. I'll be letting folks know! Sneak peek screenshot in the meantime (as attachment, is there a way to place photos inline here?):

Attachments
Bullseye APP on iPhone not working?  What else is available for timing drills? Attachment
Screenshot_1593100009.jpg You don't have permission to download attachments.(59 Kb) Downloaded 10 times
-TT-
-TT-

james r chapman, ddivins, mspingeld, Zippy, lablover, Hawkja, Aprilian and bpettet like this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next