Bullseye-L Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

What's the population breakdown among bullseye classifications?

+5
dronning
cdrt
James Hensler
TonyH
bpettet
9 posters

Go down

What's the population breakdown among bullseye classifications? Empty What's the population breakdown among bullseye classifications?

Post by bpettet 7/18/2020, 9:07 pm

I don't know if they keep those stats but I'm curious what the general population breakdown is among Marksman, Sharpshooter, Expert, Master and High Master?

I would guess that if you combined Master and HM, it's less than 15%.  What's the largest group?

bpettet

http://www.stratos2.com

Back to top Go down

What's the population breakdown among bullseye classifications? Empty Re: What's the population breakdown among bullseye classifications?

Post by TonyH 7/19/2020, 5:57 am

I would say Marksman, based on a inverse classification:population ratio. Maybe one of the moderators on this forum can look at the user profile classifications posted on this forum to get a general idea, ignoring the ones that are not precision pistol classifications, of course.
TonyH
TonyH

Back to top Go down

What's the population breakdown among bullseye classifications? Empty Re: What's the population breakdown among bullseye classifications?

Post by James Hensler 7/19/2020, 7:21 am

I bet the largest is expert. There are people shooting Master Scores but haven’t moved up and Sharpshooter scores that haven’t moved down
James Hensler
James Hensler

Back to top Go down

Post by cdrt 7/19/2020, 7:39 am

The 2019 Precision Pistol Sectional results have the following breakdown:
Master 187
Expert 246
Sharpshooter 187
Marksman 287
cdrt
cdrt

Back to top Go down

Post by TonyH 7/19/2020, 8:12 am

And from the 2019 NRA National Championships:
HM48
MA99
EX193
SS90
MK71
MU75
Doesn't mean a thing....subject to who decided to shoot that year.....e.g. lots of folks have indoor classifications with a 22 and don't participate in outdoor competitions
TonyH
TonyH

Back to top Go down

Post by dronning 7/19/2020, 8:21 am

cdrt wrote:The 2019 Precision Pistol Sectional results have the following breakdown:
Master 187
Expert 246
Sharpshooter 187
Marksman 287
I'd say that's a pretty good representation.  I'd guess Marksman would be the most under reported because there are more of them that are just casual shooters that might not travel to a sectional.
- Dave
dronning
dronning

Back to top Go down

Post by james r chapman 7/19/2020, 8:38 am

Marksman and sharpshooter are the two largest most often combined at matches.
james r chapman
james r chapman
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Wobbley 7/19/2020, 9:46 am

It hasn’t changed much over the years either.  When I shot my last regional way back in the 80s. The Expert class had the most, Marksman was second, then Master then Sharpshooter.  There was no High Master in pistol back then.  It seemed that Sharpshooter was a way station for shooters moving up.  There were also a lot of “Experts” that shot Sharpshooter scores.
Wobbley
Wobbley
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by chiz1180 7/19/2020, 10:20 am

Depends on how you want to collect your data. Looking at the matches I shot this year, the HM/MA class is about the same size as the EX class (typically 3-7 shooters), trailed by SS/MK (typically 2-3 shooters). By my rough data more Experts and Masters than Sharpshooter and Marksmen. 

The biggest sources of bias in my data is location (welcome to Ohio) and it ignores the people who don't shoot matches but have classifications.
chiz1180
chiz1180

Back to top Go down

Post by -TT- 7/19/2020, 11:01 am

Don't forget that the NRA classification never goes down, unless you write your congressperson, or something.
-TT-
-TT-

bpettet likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down