Bullseye-L Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Red dot recommendations for some aging eyes

+4
TomH_pa
Al
HSM
Bullseye58
8 posters

Go down

Red dot recommendations for some aging eyes Empty Red dot recommendations for some aging eyes

Post by Bullseye58 7/30/2020, 4:01 pm

Hi all; the end of my iron sight days are quickly approaching. I shoot a HS M107 Supermatic Citation in Bullseye. Looking for recommendations for a lightweight well-built red dot? Thanks in advance.
Bullseye58
Bullseye58

Back to top Go down

Red dot recommendations for some aging eyes Empty Re: Red dot recommendations for some aging eyes

Post by HSM 7/30/2020, 4:11 pm

Ultradot has good options and very reliable products, look at their website
I use them on all my pistols for bullseye. The 25mm are small and light with 4moa dot size

HSM

Back to top Go down

Red dot recommendations for some aging eyes Empty Re: Red dot recommendations for some aging eyes

Post by Al 7/30/2020, 5:23 pm

Have to agree with HSM.

Al

Back to top Go down

Post by TomH_pa 7/30/2020, 5:46 pm

I have a Sig Romeo5 on my .22 and it's been great. Palmetto State usually has them for $147, sometimes free shipping

TomH_pa

Back to top Go down

Post by REConley 7/30/2020, 7:05 pm

I second the Ultradot recommendation. I own Sig Romeos, Aim Point Micros and a pair of Ultradots. One of the advantages of the UD is the superior number of steps of the dot's intensity verses the others. This enables one to brighten the dot to a level it is easily seen at a range's light level without over powering the dot and causing a large starburst.
REConley
REConley

Back to top Go down

Post by jm7480 7/30/2020, 7:54 pm

I have an ultradot on both my HS 102 and my nelson conversion. The newer matchdot 2 has many options and they all have a great warranty,
jm7480
jm7480

Back to top Go down

Post by mikemyers 7/30/2020, 9:23 pm

Several people here have been encouraging me to buy the one inch Ultradot.  I managed to get one with a 2 MOA dot, and I've already fallen in love with it.  Tomorrow will be the second time I'll be shooting with it.

Apparently there's a procedure that needs to be followed if you use the stock rings.  I thought I did it correctly, but it loosened up;  Need to re-do it.

Aimpoints are excellent, especially the H-1 and H-2 micro sights, but they're expensive.  I still have an Aimpoint H-2 on my High Standard.
mikemyers
mikemyers

Back to top Go down

Post by Blsi2600 7/31/2020, 2:24 am

I have been using Leupold Rifleman #56524 matte black aluminum rings for many years on my 1" slide mount Ultradots. 

They are built for rifle use.  Much lighter than steel rings and will stand up to slide mount 45 wadcutter loads. 

Horizontal split detachable and will return to zero if removed.

Blsi2600

LenV likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down