Bullseye-L Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Posness / Warren Auto Drive

3 posters

Go down

Posness / Warren Auto Drive Empty Posness / Warren Auto Drive

Post by PhotoEscape Sun Aug 23, 2020 2:04 pm

Looking for copy of the manual for auto drive for Dillon Super 1050 or any Posness / Warren auto drive for Dillon's platform. 

Very specifically interested in any information regarding adjusting safety on the auto drive.

Thanks,
AP
PhotoEscape
PhotoEscape
Admin

leeshall likes this post

Back to top Go down

Posness / Warren Auto Drive Empty Re: Posness / Warren Auto Drive

Post by New2BE Mon Sep 28, 2020 12:41 pm

The PW instructions are terrible. I know, I have one of their drives on a Dillon 650. Not recommended. The 650 was never designed to be automated and the PW is a "dumb" drive with no sensors. The 650 will break repeatedly and drive you nuts.

On the 1050, you won't have the breakage issue, but the speed of the drive is too slow and without sensors is most likely underwhelming.

For now, I just use the PW drive to facilitate case processing - deprime and size after roll-sizing. Looks cool, but was one of those, "why did I buy this?" experiences. Next year sometime after the SHOT Show, Dillon should launch their automation line based on the AMMO BOT drive. Should be worth while once it goes into production. Only other real option is the Mark 7 which looks attractive too.

YMMV

Last edited by New2BE on Mon Sep 28, 2020 12:44 pm; edited 2 times in total (Reason for editing : typo)

New2BE

Back to top Go down

Post by Wobbley Mon Sep 28, 2020 2:58 pm

There are other auto drives,  the best from an engineer’s  perspective might be the Fast and Friendly Brass, then there is the Fortche.  The best bang for the buck is the Mark 7.  Costlier than the AmmoBot, but I think it is better.
Wobbley
Wobbley
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by PhotoEscape Mon Sep 28, 2020 8:51 pm

New2BE wrote:The PW instructions are terrible.

On the 1050, you won't have the breakage issue, but the speed of the drive is too slow and without sensors is most likely underwhelming.

I pretty much came to the same conclusion, even though I received sufficiently good instructions from Wayne (?) at PW.  Subsequently I posted here on the forum the question if anyone is interested in this auto drive.  So far no one expressed any interest, so once things calm down for me, I plan on doing some house cleaning, and PW auto drive will be listed for sale on eBay. 

AP
PhotoEscape
PhotoEscape
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by New2BE Thu Oct 01, 2020 11:21 am

Ironically if you load shotgun, PW is the drive of choice.

New2BE

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down