Bullseye-L Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

2 piece scope mount for Walther gsp

4 posters

Go down

2 piece scope mount for Walther gsp Empty 2 piece scope mount for Walther gsp

Post by Dtdk 8/24/2020, 7:45 pm

Hi does anyone know of a 2 price scope mount that was made for a gsp?

I picked up a gsp that had been drilled and tapped in front of and behind the rear sight. I am guessing that it was a 2 piece base as the the bolt housing dips down in front of the rear sight.

Any help would be appreciated.

Dtdk

Back to top Go down

2 piece scope mount for Walther gsp Empty Re: 2 piece scope mount for Walther gsp

Post by Jon Eulette 8/24/2020, 7:47 pm

it was common to use a Weaver base and cut it down into two individual bases for the two rings. you will probably need to have two bases made to match your hole pattern.
Jon
Jon Eulette
Jon Eulette

Back to top Go down

2 piece scope mount for Walther gsp Empty Re: 2 piece scope mount for Walther gsp

Post by Dtdk 8/25/2020, 1:38 pm

Thanks John,. Any chance there was a base that was typically modded for use on a gsp

Dtdk

Back to top Go down

Post by Lightfoot 8/26/2020, 9:50 am

Just a flat weaver mount.  I have one forward of my front sight.  I use 2 rings forward of the knobs on an ultradot.  Or I can just use a micro.  No need for 2 bases.
Lightfoot
Lightfoot

Back to top Go down

Post by JKR 8/26/2020, 10:23 am

It’s easier with the newer Expert model because the rear sight is back farther on the receiver leaving room ahead of the sight to mount a flat Weaver base. I’ve done this with my Expert. It allows me to remove the dot and use the iron sights. The dot sight can be removed and replaced without losing zero.
However, the older model GSP’s have the rear sight more forward on the receiver requiring a two piece base. This is made more complicated because each piece looks to be a different height.
I have dedicated GSP scope base that I’ll sell cheap if you’re interested. I tried it and hated it because it sets high and requires the rear sight be removed. However, I know shooters who use this base and it works very well for them.
JKR

JKR

Back to top Go down

Post by Lightfoot 8/26/2020, 10:30 am

JKR wrote:It’s easier with the newer Expert model because the rear sight is back farther on the receiver leaving room ahead of the sight to mount a flat Weaver base. I’ve done this with my Expert. It allows me to remove the dot and use the iron sights. The dot sight can be removed and replaced without losing zero.
However, the older model GSP’s have the rear sight more forward on the receiver requiring a two piece base. This is made more complicated because each piece looks to be a different height.
I have dedicated GSP scope base that I’ll sell cheap if you’re interested. I tried it and hated it because it sets high and requires the rear sight be removed. However, I know shooters who use this base and it works very well for them.
JKR

I remember the heights being different now.  Yes that is one good reason to use the forward position only.  I'ts small, but there's no issues.  It works great.  I shot it for years then gave it to my son.  (borrowed it back to complete my 22 distinguished award).
Lightfoot
Lightfoot

Back to top Go down

Post by JKR 8/26/2020, 11:29 am

Yes, a single forward base like the one Lightfoot describes should work perfectly.
JKR

JKR

Back to top Go down

Post by Dtdk 8/26/2020, 10:04 pm

Thanks guys

Dtdk

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down