Bullseye-L Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Problem with Browning Buck Mark

4 posters

Go down

Problem with Browning Buck Mark Empty Problem with Browning Buck Mark

Post by Steve K 10/16/2020, 11:54 am

I posed this question on Rimfire Central, but there have been no suggestions so far.

I have a Buck Mark Bullseye and I changed the barrel to Tactical Solutions Light Weight with comp. I enjoy the difference in feel and ability to get back on target. I use it in NRA Action Pistol and it is much fast to acquire targets. However, I just started having problems with the reliability of the pistol. I was using TAC 22 in a match and occasionally the first round would fire but the spent round would not extract. I thought I may have used too muck Breakfree so I lightly oiled it and had the same issue with old Remington white box(SV). I had used the ammo successfully a few days ago, but now it will not fire on the second, third, fourth... round. I tried more lube and the gun fired around 25 rounds without a hitch. At home I disassembled the gun and tried the "plunk" test with CCI SV, TAC 22, Eley Outlaw and several others and the round stuck about 1/4 inch out. I tried the same ammo on the Bullseye barrel and each round dropped fully into the chamber.
So I'm asking, do I need to use more lube, polish the chamber, get a stronger main spring, get an after market extractor,....? Any advise is appreciated.

Steve K

Back to top Go down

Problem with Browning Buck Mark Empty Re: Problem with Browning Buck Mark

Post by Aprilian 10/16/2020, 12:24 pm

Simply clean the chamber.  Look at it and you will see a ring.  I have a bent wire brush that I can rotate so I know it doesn't go past the chamber.  I then suggest using JB bore paste on a VFG felt pad - but only to the edge of the chamber.   You will be surprised how much can come out and how smooth it is after.

You are dealing with the very normal carbon fouling ring at almost the end of the chamber.   I'm surprised no one on RFI answered the question.
Aprilian
Aprilian

Back to top Go down

Post by pnw05ss 10/16/2020, 7:49 pm

I have a Buck Mark Camper + with the same Tac-Sol bbl and comp along with the complete Tandemkross trigger group set.  I have the same problem you have with the first round or two failing to eject when I have the mags fully loaded and using SV or match ammo. Putting eight or less rounds in the mags (all 4 factory mags) no problems at all,  If I move up to CCI's Mini-Mags I don't have any FTEs starting with full mags.

pnw05ss

Back to top Go down

Post by Steve K 10/17/2020, 6:12 pm

Thanks for the advice
I cleaned the chamber with a bent brass brush and Kroils. I also use JB cleaning compound and a felt tip. I hope to try it tomorrow. I'll post the results.
Thanks

Steve K

Back to top Go down

Post by Domino1 10/17/2020, 6:45 pm

Look here:

https://www.rimfirecentral.com/forums/showthread.php?t=1156717

Search on carbon ring at RFC and there are many posts.  The one above is one I started.

Domino1

Back to top Go down

Post by Steve K 10/18/2020, 7:33 pm

I just tried to fire the Buck Mark with the same results. However, after taking the barrel off and examining the chamber I saw a bulge in the chamber under the front barrel screw. I believe this is the problem. I email Tactical Solutions and will call them in the morning. Thanks for all the input, but I think this is the problem.

Steve K

Back to top Go down

Post by Aprilian 10/19/2020, 10:05 am

If that is the issue, you should see the mouth of the spent brass being out of round - use a caliper to check it
Aprilian
Aprilian

Back to top Go down

Post by Steve K 10/19/2020, 11:40 am

I contacted Tactical Solutions and was advised to send the barrel back for repair. I guess it happens often since the tech stated it occurs when the long screw is used in the front. I imagine that is what I had done.
Thanks for the advice.

Steve K

Back to top Go down

Post by Steve K 10/29/2020, 7:34 pm

I received the barrel today and everything is fine again. Using the long screw for the front was the problem. The chamber was redone and the cartridges passed the plunk test. I fired about 150 rounds and had no problems. Tactical Solutions CS was excellent. Screwing down the long screw must be a common occurrence since it was diagnose immediately.

Steve K

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down