Bullseye-L Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Buck Mark not functioning consistently

+3
John McCormick
xman
Steve K
7 posters

Go down

Buck Mark not functioning consistently Empty Buck Mark not functioning consistently

Post by Steve K 4/19/2021, 3:47 pm

I was shooting my Buck Mark Target yesterday and the trigger would not function consistently. I had fired around 100 rounds and then the pistol would not fire. I cycled the slide and it fired. This happened a few more times as I shot. At home I removed the grips and examined the gun, but could not find anything broken nor disconnected. After reassembling the Buck Mark I found the same condition. There are no modifications to the pistol and I don't know the round count since I am the second owner. What would cause this to happen?
I'm going to change the disconnector spring; see if that helps.

Steve K

Back to top Go down

Buck Mark not functioning consistently Empty Re: Buck Mark not functioning consistently

Post by xman 4/19/2021, 4:06 pm

Does it go click? Can you feel the firing pin fall? or does the trigger do nothing?

Maybe put in a fired case and see if the strike is light or non existent.
xman
xman

Back to top Go down

Buck Mark not functioning consistently Empty Re: Buck Mark not functioning consistently

Post by John McCormick 4/19/2021, 5:05 pm

Be sure that V-shaped spring on the right side is properly in place.

John McCormick

Back to top Go down

Post by Aprilian 4/19/2021, 5:06 pm

Try this, loosen the grip panels, the pin for the disconnector can drag on the grip.
Also check for disconnector notch cleanly sliding up onto the sear arm, they can snag slightly there.
Check all places for friction (for example the back of the disconnector to the aluminum channel), you'd be surprised how sweet the action becomes when you polish all the rough spots.
Aprilian
Aprilian

Back to top Go down

Post by 10sandxs 4/19/2021, 10:54 pm

Check the screws that hold the top strap down... this has fixed lots of buckmark issues in the past...

10sandxs

Aprilian likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Kp321 4/20/2021, 8:13 am

10sandxs wrote:Check the screws that hold the top strap down... this has fixed lots of buckmark issues in the past...
This^^
Loose top strap screws cause more problems on Buckmarks than any other thing.

Kp321

Back to top Go down

Post by Steve K 4/20/2021, 12:58 pm

Thanks, I've loosened the grip screws, tightened the top screws, and lubed the internals. So far it works, but I will try it at the range to see if it functions consistently. When it doesn't fire the trigger is dead. If these suggestions do not solve the problem I'll try replacing the V shaped spring.

Steve K

Back to top Go down

Post by 10sandxs 4/21/2021, 1:05 am

If you've got wood grips, they can absorb oil and swell which binds on the trigger bar and can cause issues.

10sandxs

Back to top Go down

Post by Steve K 4/24/2021, 3:39 pm

I thoroughly cleaned, lubed, tightened screws, loosened the grip screws some, changed the V spring, and changed ammo before I function tested the pistol. I had been using Remington white box because I had it. I tested with Eley CMP today. I fired about 200 rounds without a problem. I can't say it was just the ammo because I used a fired piece of brass and hand cycled the slide and had the problem. However, I'll see if it is consistent. I also called Browning and was told to send it in and they would look at it. Rather than sending it to Browning is there a good Buck Mark gunsmith out there?

Steve K

Back to top Go down

Post by -TT- 4/25/2021, 7:26 am

Fired .22 brass is a bad test. The casing swells and becomes distorted after the round fires, it won't cycle properly ever again. You can get aluminum dummy rounds, which are useful sometimes, or very safely try cycling a fresh live round.
-TT-
-TT-

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down