Bullseye-L Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Anyone else having a problem with Tyler Manufacturing in OK?

4 posters

Go down

Anyone else having a problem with Tyler Manufacturing in OK? Empty Anyone else having a problem with Tyler Manufacturing in OK?

Post by cdrt 10/18/2020, 9:35 am

I sent them a check in June for two triggers shoes. Since nothing had arrived by the end of September and since I could not reach them by phone, I mailed them a refund request on September 29.  To date, nothing.

Has anyone been in contact with them and have you received anything you might have ordered in the past three months?
cdrt
cdrt

Back to top Go down

Anyone else having a problem with Tyler Manufacturing in OK? Empty Re: Anyone else having a problem with Tyler Manufacturing in OK?

Post by Asa Yam 10/18/2020, 9:56 am

Cannot speak about business dealings w/ them (have never bought anything from them.)  However, if you are commenting about the "Tyler Manufacturing and Distributing Company, Inc" in Newalla, OK, a websearch notes their website was updated as of 10/12/20, so they are apparently still in business.  (Website:  http://www.t-grips.com/.)

Hits for the Better Business Bureau also appeared.  One shows there are 25 complaints on the company for unfilled orders and "no response from company", so it appears you are not alone.  (weblink:  https://www.bbb.org/us/ok/newalla/profile/wholesale-auto-parts/tyler-manufacturing-distribution-co-0995-90018248/complaints.)  Not a good sign that the mailing address for the company is a PO box, and that BBB is unable to locate the business.

Hope this helps.

ADDENDUM:  The company apparently has a long-standing reputation for poor communications.  On the other hand, the products are supposedly pretty good.  (Weblink:  https://www.smithandwessonforums.com/threads/do-not-order-from-tyler-t-scam-alert.168121/.)

Asa Yam

Back to top Go down

Anyone else having a problem with Tyler Manufacturing in OK? Empty Re: Anyone else having a problem with Tyler Manufacturing in OK?

Post by cdrt 10/18/2020, 10:57 am

I have bought from them in the past but it appears from the BBB complaints, I am not alone.  If I don't get a response by the end of October, I will file a complaint with the BBB.
cdrt
cdrt

Back to top Go down

Post by NuJudge 10/19/2020, 5:59 am

Just before the virus, I bought several revolver T-grips, and no problem.

NuJudge

Back to top Go down

Post by cdrt 10/20/2020, 1:31 pm

They updated their website today. Maybe I'll get a response, I texted them asking the status of the refund.
cdrt
cdrt

Back to top Go down

Post by "plq" 10/22/2020, 12:49 am

There's a long thread on the S&W forum about Tyler's status and ability to fulfill orders. Long story short, it appears they are trying to but delivery is sporadic. 

After the founder died, over a decade ago, a series of family members have attempted to run the operation but with difficulty.

"plq"

Back to top Go down

Post by cdrt 10/29/2020, 3:36 pm

I gave up trying to contact them. Left a bunch of messages with no response. Filed a complaint with the BBB today.
cdrt
cdrt

Back to top Go down

Post by cdrt 11/29/2020, 9:42 am

My BBB complaint worked. I received a refund for the two trigger shoes less the shipping and handling fee.
I have been banned by them from any further orders.  Their complaint it seems, is that they had the trigger shoes in stock and now have to put them back on the shelf for someone else to order.
This is a load of crap. If they had the shoes, they could have responded to my numerous phone calls and texts and let me know that.
Very, very disappointed in them.
cdrt
cdrt

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down