Bullseye-L Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Pardini SP magazine question

+2
James Hensler
neal77
6 posters

Go down

Pardini SP magazine question Empty Pardini SP magazine question

Post by neal77 Sun Nov 08, 2020 9:06 am

How many rounds are you putting through your SP22 magazines before the spring and/or follower needs replacing ? 

Are you replacing just the spring/follower or buying complete magazines ?

Thanks, Neal

neal77

Back to top Go down

Pardini SP magazine question Empty Re: Pardini SP magazine question

Post by James Hensler Sun Nov 08, 2020 1:56 pm

Never have done either
James Hensler
James Hensler

Back to top Go down

Post by Dr.Don Mon Nov 09, 2020 9:43 am

I've never replaced one either.  I try not to "fix" things that are not problems.
Dr.Don
Dr.Don

Back to top Go down

Post by CrankyThunder Mon Nov 09, 2020 9:56 am

Good Morning:

I have a number of Pardini Magazines, some of which I have owned since 2013.  I also have a nasty habit of loading my magazines before the match so that I can be ready to shoot within the 3 min prep period.  As such, I estimate that my magazines are loaded and stored about half the time.  I know, not a good procedure but it is what I do.  

On the pardini web site, a replacement magazine spring is $21.34.  

I also check my magazine springs every time I load them and have not felt a need to replace them since they have a good pressure on the loaded rounds.  I have not had a alibi caused by equipment malfunction.  All my alibi's have been caused by faulty ammo, either duds or low powered rounds that corrected themselves when changing to a proven ammo.  

With that being said, I have not changed the springs out in my magazines.  Not too concerned with the replacement cost of the spring at $21.34 either.  

I have had problems in other 22 magazines with relaxed springs, specifically my IZH 035m.  I replaced the magazine spring with a SW model 41 spring trimmed to fit and alleviated that problem and I have a couple spare Model 41 Mag Springs in storage that look like they could be fitted to the Pardini Magazine but have not tried that yet.  

So to answer your question, I do not see a issue to worry about. 

Regards, 
Crankster
CrankyThunder
CrankyThunder

http://www.ccrcpistolteam.weebly.com

Back to top Go down

Post by CrankyThunder Mon Nov 09, 2020 10:01 am

Hey Neil:

See post above.  While you are inspecting your pardini magazines, pay particular attention to the ejector which is located on the magazine.  See if it is deformed or wore down if you are having problems although I have not experienced it with a pardini.  I have had to replace the ejector in my IZH and also my S&W 41 but on the pardini, all you need is a new magazine to replace/repair the ejector.  Rather unique design that addresses a high wear part with a simple replacement.  

Regards, 
Crankster
CrankyThunder
CrankyThunder

Back to top Go down

Post by mpolans Mon Nov 09, 2020 1:01 pm

CrankyThunder wrote:Hey Neil:

See post above.  While you are inspecting your pardini magazines, pay particular attention to the ejector which is located on the magazine.  See if it is deformed or wore down if you are having problems although I have not experienced it with a pardini.  I have had to replace the ejector in my IZH and also my S&W 41 but on the pardini, all you need is a new magazine to replace/repair the ejector.  Rather unique design that addresses a high wear part with a simple replacement.  

Regards, 
Crankster
You're not throwing out magazines because of worn ejectors, are you? If so, I'll take all you've got...just let me know what the postage is.

mpolans

Back to top Go down

Post by CrankyThunder Mon Nov 09, 2020 1:39 pm

mpolans wrote:
CrankyThunder wrote:Hey Neil:

Regards, 
Crankster
You're not throwing out magazines because of worn ejectors, are you? If so, I'll take all you've got...just let me know what the postage is.
Have not worn a ejector on a magazine out yet either
CrankyThunder
CrankyThunder

Back to top Go down

Post by neal77 Mon Nov 09, 2020 4:50 pm

I have had problems with mags in the past with other 22's but I haven't had an issue with the Pardini. I just thought since I was placing an order with Pardini I would order a couple spare springs or mags if it might be an issue. With my 1911 mags, by the time the springs need replacing, the mag is usually shot. Thanks for the replies!

neal77

Back to top Go down

Post by messenger Mon Nov 09, 2020 5:54 pm

I have had a couple go bad and changed the springs. Made no difference. 

Bill
messenger
messenger

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down