Bullseye-L Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Bullseye Match - free app for Android, iOS and Windows

+37
Packeagle
samtoast
oldsalt444
SaraiEsq
smdial
Pinetree
lee212
AnthonyJ
Jblaw
"plq"
kruppd
Dockokol
chefmossy
SingleActionAndrew
mspingeld
Spurls
dpelletier
hotshot9
chopper
WillH
orpheoet
Rotwang
Ed Hall
mikemyers
jm7480
bullseye67
SonOfAGun
SteveT
Deerspy
PhotoEscape
mikemargolis
TonyH
TomH_pa
Oleg G
Thin Man
james r chapman
-TT-
41 posters

Page 1 of 7 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next

Go down

Bullseye Match - free app for Android, iOS and Windows Empty Bullseye Match - free app for Android, iOS and Windows

Post by -TT- 11/13/2020, 3:23 pm

https://bullseyematch.app

Over the past few years, and with the help of my team and others, I've developed a new app to run the audio and timing for our bullseye matches, as well as other scoring and training functions. With the pandemic situation, as well as the recent non-availability of other apps, I feel it's time to do my part to help promote our sport.

So I'm releasing Bullseye Match, a free app which runs on Android, iOS and Windows. It looks and runs nearly identically on all three, with only small feature differences depending on platform. I truly hope everyone can run it, and enjoy it.

As of today, the Android, iOS and Windows versions are up and available on the app stores, in all markets worldwide.

Click: Links to store downloads for all platforms

Feel free to discuss here! I'm looking forward to hear what you all have to say about it, and suggest for its future.

The web page has a lot more information, including usage guide, privacy policy, history and device/OS requirements etc. Here's the pitch from bullseyematch.app

Bullseye Match performs the range officer operations for a course of Precision Pistol. It plays Prep, Slow fire, Timed and Rapid fire range calls for a "300" Gallery or full "600" or "900" Aggregate relay. It is designed to be simple and intuitive for shooters. It can be used for training, timing, or to run an entire match.

Tapping the target plays each string, and the match moves forward automatically. The calls play with regulation timing, followed by the start signal. It counts down the time, plays the stop signal and closing calls, then advances to the next round. If you finish early, tap the target to finish or cancel the round. Another tap begins the next relay, until all stages are fired.

Buttons indicating the upcoming round can be used to skip, replay or change the sequence manually. The buttons will slide to display the match clearly and make selection easy. Timer functions are available for self-timing, drills, and match preparation.

The app also provides a scoring calculator for B2, B3, B6, B8 and B16 targets, with ring scores, X count and Alibi corrections. It can capture photographs of scored targets, watermarking them with the date, time and any scoring information.

All types of audio are supported, including bluetooth, and mixed with any other streams, so it can be used while listening to other audio, if desired. Selfie-type clickers for remote control work too, great for use in club matches!

Target turning can also be controlled from the app. The PTTC Personal Target Turning Controller from Freedom Technologies is supported, initially.

And:

Bullseye Match is FREE and without ads.

We hope you enjoy using it, which was developed with the team at Riverside Gun Club. The author enjoys sharing it with the bullseye community everywhere. Please use it to support bullseye shooting activities!
Attachments
Bullseye Match - free app for Android, iOS and Windows Attachment
phone.png On a phoneYou don't have permission to download attachments.(142 Kb) Downloaded 19 times
tablet.png On a tabletYou don't have permission to download attachments.(30 Kb) Downloaded 8 times
calculator.png CalculatorYou don't have permission to download attachments.(46 Kb) Downloaded 19 times

Last edited by -TT- on 11/14/2020, 9:07 am; edited 1 time in total
-TT-
-TT-

Steve Brown, Aprilian, TonyH and lakemurrayman like this post

Back to top Go down

Bullseye Match - free app for Android, iOS and Windows Empty Re: Bullseye Match - free app for Android, iOS and Windows

Post by james r chapman 11/13/2020, 3:42 pm

Looks great!!
james r chapman
james r chapman
Admin

Back to top Go down

Bullseye Match - free app for Android, iOS and Windows Empty Re: Bullseye Match - free app for Android, iOS and Windows

Post by Thin Man 11/13/2020, 4:54 pm

Thanks! Downloading now!

Thin Man

Back to top Go down

Post by Oleg G 11/13/2020, 4:59 pm

Downloaded. Works on the IOS platform. Will test with PTTC in the near future.

Thank you very much for creating a great app and the support your provide for the Bullseye community!

Best Regards,
Oleg.
Oleg G
Oleg G

Back to top Go down

Post by -TT- 11/13/2020, 5:03 pm

Oleg G wrote:Will test with PTTC in the near future.

I have to add - Fenton tested the app very thoroughly on the PTTC for me, and I'm very thankful for his help and support!
-TT-
-TT-

Back to top Go down

Post by TomH_pa 11/13/2020, 9:20 pm

Works on my Iphone too. Will try on PTTC soon.
Thank you!

TomH_pa

Back to top Go down

Post by TonyH 11/14/2020, 5:19 am

How cool is this!!
-TT-, Hats off to you for developing the app and contributing it to the BE community!
Heading to the range today to try it out with the PTTC.
Tony
TonyH
TonyH

Back to top Go down

Post by mikemargolis 11/14/2020, 9:02 am

Bravo, thank you very much!

mikemargolis

Back to top Go down

Post by -TT- 11/14/2020, 9:09 am

This morning, Google signed off on the review and the app is live on all three platforms! The download links on bullseyematch.app are "go".

Enjoy (and I look forward to feedback!)
-TT-
-TT-

Back to top Go down

Post by PhotoEscape 11/14/2020, 12:19 pm

Great App!  Thank you Tom!
AP
PhotoEscape
PhotoEscape
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Deerspy 11/14/2020, 12:20 pm

thanks just downloaded 
thanks for every thing.

Deerspy

Back to top Go down

Post by SteveT 11/14/2020, 1:00 pm

Thank you! In today's world an App is a necessity (and more convenient than MP3's) for our sport. I'm glad you stepped up and helped out.
SteveT
SteveT

https://sites.google.com/site/sdturner/shooting

Back to top Go down

Post by SonOfAGun 11/14/2020, 1:24 pm

Downloaded and explored the app for iOS. Looks very nice and complete. Great job! Thank you.
SonOfAGun
SonOfAGun

Back to top Go down

Post by TonyH 11/14/2020, 2:49 pm

Spent about an hour on the range with the app(IOS) and the PTTC. I was able to connect to the range audio system via Bluetooth. Works very well for most part and the only thing that I found was that at the end of a string, it attempts to edge the target but only turns about 15 degrees and then faces the target again. It should turn 90* and edge completely.
Couple of suggestions:
The ability to also shoot and score a single target at a time would be nice, instead of shooting a 300, 600 or 900 match.
Some leagues shoot 600 matches as two NMC’s back to back. Possible to provide that format as well?
Plan to explore the functionality some more at the next range outing.
Thanks again for a great app.
TonyH
TonyH

Back to top Go down

Post by -TT- 11/14/2020, 3:01 pm

TonyH wrote:Spent about an hour on the range with the app(IOS) and the PTTC. I was able to connect to the range audio system via Bluetooth. Works very well for most part and the only thing that I found was that at the end of a string, it attempts to edge the target but only turns about 15 degrees and then faces the target again. It should turn 90* and edge completely.

Hmm, this is new. Were you using the standard "Tone" signal? That should allow for at least a full second to complete the edge, before pausing a bit then attempting to face. I'll check with Fenton on PTTC stuff too.

Couple of suggestions:
The ability to also shoot and score a single target at a time would be nice, instead of shooting a 300, 600 or 900 match.

You can go into the calculator, photograph the target, etc at any time. Even when it advances to the next stage, it will automatically offer the previously-finished stage in the calculator first, as well as the camera.

Some leagues shoot 600 matches as two NMC’s back to back. Possible to provide that format as well?

I asked about that on this forum a ways back and nobody mentioned this. It's certainly a possibility, but is it really too different from just doing 2 NMC's in a row? I'm ok with the idea of the option.

Thanks!
-TT-
-TT-

Back to top Go down

Post by bullseye67 11/14/2020, 3:28 pm

Good afternoon,

Thank you!!!

Just added to my IPhone and tried several of the match calls works great...and just in time for indoor league. No excuses now.

bullseye67

Back to top Go down

Post by jm7480 11/14/2020, 5:29 pm

Thanks for the info. The app looks great.
jm7480
jm7480

Back to top Go down

Post by TonyH 11/14/2020, 8:01 pm

-TT- wrote:
TonyH wrote:Spent about an hour on the range with the app(IOS) and the PTTC. I was able to connect to the range audio system via Bluetooth. Works very well for most part and the only thing that I found was that at the end of a string, it attempts to edge the target but only turns about 15 degrees and then faces the target again. It should turn 90* and edge completely.

Hmm, this is new. Were you using the standard "Tone" signal? That should allow for at least a full second to complete the edge, before pausing a bit then attempting to face. I'll check with Fenton on PTTC stuff too.
I was using the Horn instead of the standard Tone signal as far as the selection in the app goes, but I think the start sound is actually muted when used in conjunction with the PTTC?
Couple of suggestions:

You can go into the calculator, photograph the target, etc at any time. Even when it advances to the next stage, it will automatically offer the previously-finished stage in the calculator first, as well as the camera.

I asked about that on this forum a ways back and nobody mentioned this. It's certainly a possibility, but is it really too different from just doing 2 NMC's in a row? I'm ok with the idea of the option.
It's just different in the order that the app presents the stages as opposed to the order they are shot. No big deal, just a thought.

Thanks!
TonyH
TonyH

Back to top Go down

Post by mikemyers 11/14/2020, 8:32 pm

Looks great, sounds great, downloaded easily from App Store, and works perfectly on my iPhone.

Wonderful!!

You "Did Good !!"
mikemyers
mikemyers

Back to top Go down

Post by Ed Hall 11/15/2020, 8:58 am

This sounds great!  For some reason, I can't find it with my Samsung S5 (turned tablet) on Google Play, but I'll work on that some time soon.

Back last century, or about the turn, while the current Windows version was 98, I wrote a rather involved full Windows program that included everything needed to run a full 2700 without actually saying anything.  (It even had branching for refires built in.)  It had all the bells and whistles and I even made a controller to interface with target systems, that ran off the parallel port.  There wasn't much interest at the time, because no one really wanted to carry a computer and monitor to the range control point, there were few laptops being used and few sound systems had the necessary extra audio input connector.  Windows, at their very next version, tied up the parallel port, so that wasn't usable any longer.

What I did discover in using mine at local matches, was that although it was easy to step through each command, it took longer overall.  Time-wise, using the computer and not saying a single thing took around 20 minutes longer per 900, than when I ran them without the program.

The next thing I learned was that the commands listed in the rule book are subject to change.  Specifically, their unload, etc. rule was altered to include ECIs, so that audio file needed to be updated.  I decided to give up on the whole project and shelved it.

I am actually very glad to see someone has found a way to bring this type of application to the community and that the technology has advanced far enough to make it easily available for nearly everyone.  I'm especially happy to see it offered for free.  (Imagine if you had ads showing up throughout Slow Fire...)

A big "Thank You" to the developers. (Now to figure out how to d/l the app. . .)

Ed Hall

http://www.starreloaders.com/edhall/

Back to top Go down

Post by Oleg G 11/15/2020, 9:55 am

Ed,

You're not alone. The app does not yet appear in the Google Play Store. Perhaps another day or two...
Oleg G
Oleg G

Back to top Go down

Post by Rotwang 11/15/2020, 10:09 am

Oleg G wrote:Ed,

You're not alone. The app does not yet appear in the Google Play Store. Perhaps another day or two...

I used the link in the first post and got it from the Google play store

Rotwang

Back to top Go down

Post by Oleg G 11/15/2020, 10:32 am

Interesting, the app does not yet show in the store search but the link works.
Oleg G
Oleg G

Back to top Go down

Post by -TT- 11/15/2020, 10:33 am

It is definitely there, but it doesn't come up when searching "bullseye match". If you drop the space, it does! Try "bullseyematch".

I probably need to do some sort of keyword thing in the store like I do with the other two app stores, but it isn't obvious how.
-TT-
-TT-

Back to top Go down

Post by -TT- 11/15/2020, 10:40 am

Ed Hall wrote:This sounds great!  For some reason, I can't find it with my Samsung S5 (turned tablet) on Groogle Play, but I'll work on that some time soon.

Back last century, or about the turn, while the current Windows version was 98, I wrote a rather involved full Windows program that included everything needed to run a full 2700 without actually saying anything.  (It even had branching for refires built in.)  It had all the bells and whistles and I even made a controller to interface with target systems, that ran off the parallel port.  There wasn't much interest at the time, because no one really wanted to carry a computer and monitor to the range control point, there were few laptops being used and few sound systems had the necessary extra audio input connector.  Windows, at their very next version, tied up the parallel port, so that wasn't usable any longer.

What I did discover in using mine at local matches, was that although it was easy to step through each command, it took longer overall.  Time-wise, using the computer and not saying a single thing took around 20 minutes longer per 900, than when I ran them without the program.

The next thing I learned was that the commands listed in the rule book are subject to change.  Specifically, their unload, etc. rule was altered to include ECIs, so that audio file needed to be updated.  I decided to give up on the whole project and shelved it.

I am actually very glad to see someone has found a way to bring this type of application to the community and that the technology has advanced far enough to make it easily available for nearly everyone.  I'm especially happy to see it offered for free.  (Imagine if you had ads showing up throughout Slow Fire...)

A big "Thank You" to the developers. (Now to figure out how to d/l the app. . .)

Ed, thanks so much especially coming from you! Only one actual developer here - my team gave me the inspiration (and testing!) though.

I have considered scripting in all the stuff you mentioned, like asking "are there any alibis", "seeing none", "there will be a refire" etc etc etc. It used to say "make your guns safe, bring back your targets" until even that got noisy. But I think the best purpose of the app is for informal club matches, and personal practice. All those extra twists and turns in an app are just going to make a mess of things. I've opted for simplicity, and given the range officer the option to turn some of it off in the settings.

Scripting for EIC, ISSF, rifle, etc are possible but
a) I don't shoot any of those
b) I named it Bullseye Match Smile
I've got an open mind otherwise.

Totally want to hear feedback on this!
-TT-
-TT-

SingleActionAndrew and Thin Man like this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 7 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next