Bullseye-L Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Model 41 S&W Slide Stop Failure Rate

+12
Jack H
Sg1911
Bladboy
Stewboy
mikemyers
Rick H.
Pinetree
brdrgrd
bruce martindale
Slamfire
spursnguns
REConley
16 posters

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Go down

Model 41 S&W Slide Stop Failure Rate - Page 2 Empty Model 41 S&W Slide Stop Failure Rate

Post by REConley Thu Dec 10, 2020 2:38 pm

First topic message reminder :

I have two model 41's and both have had their slide stop fail with in the last 3 months. I have owned them for about the same length of time and in that time I have fired between 36-37K rounds through them combined. I guess the split on ammo fired is 45 to 55%. Is the failure rate at about 18K rounds an expected, or should I say, not an unexpected event? 

Not a big deal if that is the norm. A $48 part and 15 minutes with a screw driver and repair is made.

Just curious but I thought it wise to have a spare after the first, hence the 15 minute comment and I have already ordered another spare.
REConley
REConley

Slamfire likes this post

Back to top Go down

Model 41 S&W Slide Stop Failure Rate - Page 2 Empty Re: Model 41 S&W Slide Stop Failure Rate

Post by RTPMAN Thu Mar 28, 2024 9:19 am

My 1968 M41 is a tack driver and has never had a reliability problem. I wouldn't trade it for two new ones.

RTPMAN

Back to top Go down

Model 41 S&W Slide Stop Failure Rate - Page 2 Empty S&w 41 safety issues

Post by Sg1911 Thu Apr 04, 2024 3:32 pm

Pinetree wrote:My 2017 PC M41 went back to Smith & Wesson under warranty for the same issue of the safety flopping around causing a FTF. It wasn't any better when it came back, and KC Crawford was kind enough to tell me the secret, which is to just put a little more bend in the spring steel part that applies pressure on the safety.

Been working great ever since.
What part did you put more bend in.  My safety is causing FTF issues.

Sg1911

Back to top Go down

Model 41 S&W Slide Stop Failure Rate - Page 2 Empty Re: Model 41 S&W Slide Stop Failure Rate

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2