Bullseye-L Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

New to BE scopes - what are the best options now

3 posters

Go down

New to BE scopes - what are the best options now Empty New to BE scopes - what are the best options now

Post by hengehold 1/21/2021, 9:17 am

School me on scope options for rimfire and center fire BE competition. I have read all the reference material on the bullseye encyclopedia site ( http://www.bullseyepistol.com/ ) and came to the conclusion that the ultra dot matchdot II was the best long term investment for the money. However, that info is a bit dated and am wondering what the consensus is nowadays.

1. The red dot reflex type sights like this (. https://www.eurooptic.com/US-Optics-Dynamic-Reflex-Sight-20-w-6-MOA-Red-Dot-DRS-2-0.aspx )Are very popular with action shooters. For BE use, Are the reflex style sights a better choice than the old scope tube type styles such as the Matchdot II?

2. If scope tube style optics are still superior to reflex sights, what are some of the best options available today?

Thanks in advance for your opinions.

-Trevor

hengehold

Back to top Go down

New to BE scopes - what are the best options now Empty Re: New to BE scopes - what are the best options now

Post by Wobbley 1/21/2021, 11:25 am

The match dots have very good adjustments.  The bad is that many have negative magnification.  They are also heavy and bulky.  Customer service is also a challenge.  

The reflex sights are decent, hold zero and light enough that loads do not need to be increased to return functioning to normal.  I recommend them on S&W 52s.  Their adjustments and dot brightness settings are less satisfactory.  The good thing here is that many have battery lives in the 5000+ hour range so you can leave them on if you swap batteries every year.

The “best” overall is the Aimpoint “H” series or the 9000...some of these are out of production.  Aimpoints are also costly.   So much so that I personally question their title as “best”.  Holosun, sigSauer, Vortex,  Burris are very attractive on price and performance.  I have some SigSauer Romeo 5 on carbines and pistols that perform outstandingly. I have Burris Fast Fire Reflexes on 2 pistols that perform well.  IMO, there is no need to spend the $$$ when $$ will do.

There are more options.
Wobbley
Wobbley
Admin

Back to top Go down

New to BE scopes - what are the best options now Empty Re: New to BE scopes - what are the best options now

Post by LenV 1/21/2021, 6:53 pm

Optics Planet still has 4 of the Sightron S30-5 in stock. Great choice for a 30mm tube. The dots are somewhere between 2 and 4 moa best guess. No image reduction. NFI
LenV
LenV

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down