Bullseye-L Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Scatt zeros?

4 posters

Go down

Scatt zeros? Empty Scatt zeros?

Post by Merick Thu Jan 21, 2021 9:43 pm

Is there a way to mount and use these without loosing my live ammo zeros? I've been using the included prism mount arround the slide in front of the dust cover and zeroing by adjusting my sights, which takes some work every session as the mount isn't very robust, and I've long lost count of clicks.

Merick

Back to top Go down

Scatt zeros? Empty Re: Scatt zeros?

Post by DA/SA Thu Jan 21, 2021 9:49 pm

Unless I am misunderstanding what you are doing, you would normally calibrate the SCATT to your sights, you don't adjust your sights to the SCATT.

I am assuming pistol.

I use SCATT Basic, which may differ from what you are using though.
DA/SA
DA/SA

Back to top Go down

Post by Merick Thu Jan 21, 2021 9:57 pm

Right, that would be ideal, and probably doable but I haven't figured that out. I'm using the usb version.

Merick

Back to top Go down

Post by DA/SA Thu Jan 21, 2021 10:31 pm

On mine, it's a "drag and drop" calibration. Once it is set up, I take a shot and see where it shows the shot on the target vs where I called it. At that point I can click the "calibrate" button and it allows me to click on the shot and drag it to where I think it should have been. It takes me three or four shots doing that to get the shots to land where I call them.

A call to SCATT USA should get you set up.
DA/SA
DA/SA

Back to top Go down

Post by Merick Sat Jan 23, 2021 12:07 pm

Ah-ha.  Now all I have to do is execute callable shots.

Merick

Back to top Go down

Post by Ed Hall Sat Jan 23, 2021 1:19 pm

Merick wrote:Ah-ha.  Now all I have to do is execute callable shots.
I find, with my Rika, that it is best to calibrate based on a group rather than a single call.  In fact, with the Rika, you can have it move the group based on its center by click or drag (IIRC).  There should be something like that for Scatt.

Ed Hall

http://www.starreloaders.com/edhall/

Back to top Go down

Post by Oleg G Tue Jan 26, 2021 1:29 pm

In SCATT USB (different from SCATT basic) you can adjust the point of impact in two different ways. Each has its uses.

1. Shot calibration. Useful when you insert the sensor for first time, or after you removed and reinstalled the sensor, or when the point of impact is clearly too far from the point of aim - outside the 8 ring, if the shot was called in the center of the target.

You can open the shot calibration window any time during the session by pressing the F2 key or by selecting "Adjust Optical Sensor" submenu in the "Shooting" menu - third from the left among the topline menu options (File, Edit, Shooting).
Scatt zeros? Scatt_10
Take a shot and make sure that it lands inside the "Working area" circle. If necessary, repeat until you get a shot inside that circle. If you are having trouble, make sure that your sensor is parallel to the axis of the pistol's bore.

2. Manual adjustment of the POI of the shot. If the trace and the POI of the shot are clearly not on call (but no further out that the 8-ring for a center shot), you can simply click with your mouse on your LAST shot and drag it to the desired position. This adjustment will not change the trace for your last shot but will affect the placement of the following shots.

Scatt zeros? Scatt_11
I hope this helps.
In conclusion, leave your sights or dot where you have sighted them at the range, and use calibration and/or shot-dragging to get your POI to the desired place in SCATT.

Best Regards,
Oleg.
Oleg G
Oleg G

Back to top Go down

Post by Merick Tue Jan 26, 2021 9:27 pm

Thanks a lot for the instruction.

I am sort of put off by how cheesy the "prism" mount is.  I have half a mind to glue a caspian rail to the dust cover and bushing the sensor into a regular scope ring.  That would make it a lot easier to flip between guns too.

Merick

Back to top Go down

Post by Oleg G Tue Jan 26, 2021 9:45 pm

My advice is to purchase barrel inserts. They are not expensive and are a vast improvement over the prism mount, which is best for Air Pistols.
Oleg G
Oleg G

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down