Bullseye-L Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Current Thread on Target Talk

+19
thessler
Caster3845
8eightring
Sa-tevp
Jon Eulette
Bill Mccaughey
Dcforman
javaduke
sbtzc
zanemoseley
BE Mike
rkittine
David R
chiz1180
ric1911a1
DA/SA
james r chapman
Outthere
CrankyThunder
23 posters

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

Current Thread on Target Talk Empty Current Thread on Target Talk

Post by CrankyThunder 2/23/2021, 5:56 am

there is a current thread over on Target Talk Concerning Bullseye shooters:

Why are Bullseye shooters such pussies? - TargetTalk

Might want to review it and comment on it guys.  I have already responded to it but you might want to add something.  

Regards, 
Crankster
CrankyThunder
CrankyThunder

http://www.ccrcpistolteam.weebly.com

Back to top Go down

Current Thread on Target Talk Empty Re: Current Thread on Target Talk

Post by Outthere 2/23/2021, 6:27 am

I can't be polite, so I won't respond to it on TT.

He just hasn't run into the right guy yet.
Outthere
Outthere

Back to top Go down

Post by james r chapman 2/23/2021, 6:31 am

ROVER?!

His posts are always from under the bridge (troll), nothing more than to stir the pot.
Don’t waste your breath.
james r chapman
james r chapman
Admin

SteveT and Slartybartfast like this post

Back to top Go down

Post by DA/SA 2/23/2021, 6:33 am

Who cares.

I'll just dry fire for the time I would have spent (wasted) reading the thread...
DA/SA
DA/SA

Back to top Go down

Post by ric1911a1 2/23/2021, 7:06 am

I have had Rover on my ignore list for several years. Pathetic.
ric1911a1
ric1911a1

SteveT and Aprilian like this post

Back to top Go down

Post by chiz1180 2/23/2021, 7:25 am

Being relatively new to precision shooting (started in 2019), people with an attitude like that soured any desire to shoot the international disciplines. I considered a reply but decided that it would clearly land on ignorant ears.
chiz1180
chiz1180

Back to top Go down

Post by David R 2/23/2021, 7:47 am

I read it all.   Nothing to spend time on.    I shoot and do my best every match.   Good enough for me.  

I love the sport.
I always offer to loan out a gun to new shooters or let some one use my revolver and ammo that has never shot one in a match.   I will bring a spare 45 and ammo if some one would like to try it out.   I converted a fellow  2 weeks ago.  He works at a gun shop and range.  I brought him my spare Buckmark with good trigger and dot sight.   He shot well had a good time and will be back.  I offered him a 45, but he declined.
I always bring extra ammo in case some one forgets theirs. 

David
David R
David R

bruce martindale and valbern67 like this post

Back to top Go down

Post by rkittine 2/23/2021, 7:48 am

I was wondering when someone would bring this up over here. 

Bob
rkittine
rkittine

Back to top Go down

Post by BE Mike 2/23/2021, 8:11 am

I learned long ago to ignore Rover. I won't waste my time responding to his idiotic posts.
BE Mike
BE Mike

Slartybartfast likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by zanemoseley 2/23/2021, 8:29 am

Rover, enough said. He's walking click bait.

zanemoseley

Back to top Go down

Post by sbtzc 2/23/2021, 8:45 am

Don't feed the troll.  Evil or Very Mad
sbtzc
sbtzc

Back to top Go down

Post by javaduke 2/23/2021, 9:18 am

Folks, don't be so hard on poor Rover, he's a nice guy after all, he just has a questionable sense of humor, let's put it this way. When he calls people names, he doesn't actually mean it, it's like promises that politicians make during the election campaign.
He did make a good point though, poorly expressed, but... I run AP league here at the PRGC and the attendance is not what I would like it to be. We do have a few stalwarts here so we find a way to have fun, but most bullseye shooters neglect air pistol (as a sport, at least, not as a training aid). Not sure why, maybe it's a fear of open sights, maybe it's lack of time, don't know. 
Ok, ok, I know, this post is not about air pistol, it's something else. I just don't judge books by their covers or even first few pages. Just saying...

javaduke

https://eb-custom.us

Back to top Go down

Post by chiz1180 2/23/2021, 10:20 am

javaduke wrote:Folks, don't be so hard on poor Rover, he's a nice guy after all, he just has a questionable sense of humor, let's put it this way. When he calls people names, he doesn't actually mean it, it's like promises that politicians make during the election campaign.
He did make a good point though, poorly expressed, but... I run AP league here at the PRGC and the attendance is not what I would like it to be. We do have a few stalwarts here so we find a way to have fun, but most bullseye shooters neglect air pistol (as a sport, at least, not as a training aid). Not sure why, maybe it's a fear of open sights, maybe it's lack of time, don't know. 
Ok, ok, I know, this post is not about air pistol, it's something else. I just don't judge books by their covers or even first few pages. Just saying...

The bigger issue is that his means of expression is hurting the sport. Having an elitist attitude and crudely talking down to people is not being a good ambassador to the sport. 

As an aside, I recently started shooting air competitively, from my initial impressions from the first match I shot, the group isn't as welcoming as a typical bullseye match, though admittedly small sample size.
chiz1180
chiz1180

valbern67 likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Dcforman 2/23/2021, 12:25 pm

chiz1180 wrote:
javaduke wrote:Folks, don't be so hard on poor Rover, he's a nice guy after all, he just has a questionable sense of humor, let's put it this way. When he calls people names, he doesn't actually mean it, it's like promises that politicians make during the election campaign.

The bigger issue is that his means of expression is hurting the sport. Having an elitist attitude and crudely talking down to people is not being a good ambassador to the sport. 

As an aside, I recently started shooting air competitively, from my initial impressions from the first match I shot, the group isn't as welcoming as a typical bullseye match, though admittedly small sample size.
I know what you mean about air competitors. That said, I don't think that it's that they're not welcoming, I just think most air competitors are kind of socially awkward! Anyone that I've walked up to and started up a conversation has been quite pleasant.

Dave

Dcforman

Back to top Go down

Post by Bill Mccaughey 2/23/2021, 12:53 pm

He's not a bad guy. Just staring the pot. And, he's good at that. Getting a rise out of a lot here.

Bill

Bill Mccaughey

Back to top Go down

Post by Jon Eulette 2/23/2021, 1:01 pm

In my 31 years of BE shooting I put Rover at number 1 Prick I've ever encountered at a BE match. The first time I met him he was treating a so called friend of his like shit. I was beyond offended just as a witness. The following year he tried that crap with me  He's the only shooter I've ever told off on the firing line during a match in my life. Let's just say all that witnessed it their jaws hit the ground when I was finished. I believe in leaving a legacy of positive behind at the matches; Don Hamilton, Floyd Aikman, Roger Willis to name a few. Rover leaves a pile of dung and he's one of the only shooters that I've heard bad mouthed at other matches that he's not even attending. He is full of himself and its about 99% BS.
My 2 cents after actually dealing with him in person. I wish he'd go shoot run and gun.
Jon
Jon Eulette
Jon Eulette

8eightring, SMBeyer, Allen Barnett, 1joel1, ric1911a1, sig 99, Aprilian and like this post

Back to top Go down

Post by chiz1180 2/23/2021, 4:42 pm

Dcforman wrote:I know what you mean about air competitors. That said, I don't think that it's that they're not welcoming, I just think most air competitors are kind of socially awkward! Anyone that I've walked up to and started up a conversation has been quite pleasant.

Dave
I have a feeling that part of it is the format (e.g. no scoring peoples targets). That said it could have just been that match too.
chiz1180
chiz1180

Back to top Go down

Post by Sa-tevp 2/23/2021, 5:17 pm

I come from working in a unionized work space with mechanics and have had to get people lined up and organized to get tasks accomplished. Rover is all alligator mouth. I've called him on it a few times. He is not the best wind-up artist I have run across.

As my Powerplant examiner said to me as I was testing for my FAA certificate: "I know you know the answer, so I am going to ask you again" as he gave me a hard punch to the upper arm.
Sa-tevp
Sa-tevp

Back to top Go down

Post by 8eightring 2/23/2021, 5:25 pm

As a whole, Bullseye shooters have been the most gracious and helping, and accepting people that I have ever been around. I love the Bullseye community.
There have been a few loud mouths that try to get in peoples heads during a match. You just have to realize that they are compensating for their own insecurities. It is these people that I always wish I was on the opposite end of the firing line from them.
As a competitor that loves the sport and as a Christian, I try to treat all people with respect. Some people just don't know how to graciously receive respect.
8eightring
8eightring

valbern67 likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Dcforman 2/23/2021, 6:09 pm

chiz1180 wrote:
Dcforman wrote:I know what you mean about air competitors. That said, I don't think that it's that they're not welcoming, I just think most air competitors are kind of socially awkward! Anyone that I've walked up to and started up a conversation has been quite pleasant.

Dave
I have a feeling that part of it is the format (e.g. no scoring peoples targets). That said it could have just been that match too.
Yeah, Covid doesn't help either. No chance to socialize after the match.

Dcforman

Back to top Go down

Post by 8eightring 2/23/2021, 9:10 pm

chiz1180 wrote:

Dave
Do you think that the AP crowd would snub me if I showed up with my less than $50 Daisy 177?
At one time I was shooting an air pistol league and the retail price of the pistols had to be less than $50. Worked for me.
8eightring
8eightring

Back to top Go down

Post by Caster3845 2/23/2021, 9:12 pm

I have never personally met the "Rover", but have met many like him. I think that Jon has described him perfectly. He should take up fishing so he can set in a boat by himself.
Caster3845
Caster3845

Back to top Go down

Post by thessler 2/24/2021, 5:28 am

Why would you bring the nonsense over here. Seems like he is not the only one who likes to stir the pot.
Tom

thessler

Back to top Go down

Post by willnewton 2/24/2021, 7:33 am

Rover.   Rolling Eyes   Some things never change.  

Sure he is a dick, but as an admin, it is not his post that is interesting, it is the responses made after someone else reads it.

A post strong enough to jump forums is kinda impressive. 

Look at all of us now, sitting around having coffee, talking about the news of the day.  Sharing stories, maybe being pissed off, closing our eyes and thinking about putting a bit more effort in the game, or just being glad we woke up at all today to watch it all unfold.

I am glad for that asshole today.  Thanks to him, we are all hanging out together shooting the poop.  Wink
willnewton
willnewton
Admin

8eightring, SingleActionAndrew and Motophotog7 like this post

Back to top Go down

Post by bruce martindale 2/24/2021, 10:47 am

Air shooters got me going before I knew what going was. The Bullseye community keeps me alive! Thanks all

And by the way, the people that keeps clubs, leagues, and state associations going aren't usually the top flight shooters. They are the everyday guys that come out to play. New shooters coming into, and retained, are what drives the sport. These guys don't necessarily know what they're doing but they want to try, and want to learn. Water the plants that grow! See where they go. Otherwise we're just a bunch of cranky old has beens

bruce martindale

https://www.bullseyeforum.net/t20747-feeling-center-a-10-bullsey

jwax, STEVE SAMELAK, 8eightring, tomj44, Lightfoot, djperry2, thessler and like this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next