Bullseye-L Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Am I allowed to make a sight adjustment during the match?

4 posters

Go down

Am I allowed to make a sight adjustment during the match? Empty Am I allowed to make a sight adjustment during the match?

Post by CO1Mtn Sun Feb 28, 2021 3:59 pm

Novice question, I know. I was doing some practice today. I made a sight adjustment in the middle of slow fire, after the third shot and the magazine still loaded. Am I allowed to do that in an EIC match or a BE 900? What about doing it between timed/rapid fire strings? Are you allowed to put the pistol down? Thanks.

CO1Mtn

Back to top Go down

Am I allowed to make a sight adjustment during the match? Empty Re: Am I allowed to make a sight adjustment during the match?

Post by dapduh2 Sun Feb 28, 2021 4:15 pm

Yes. Keep weapon safely pointed down range and adjust away
dapduh2
dapduh2

Back to top Go down

Am I allowed to make a sight adjustment during the match? Empty Re: Am I allowed to make a sight adjustment during the match?

Post by Ed Hall Mon Mar 01, 2021 6:19 am

That's what Slow Fire is for - sight refinement. You may make sight corrections at any time, as long as they're done safely.

As to putting the pistol down loaded, there is nothing in the BE rules (last I knew) prohibiting you from setting down (as in not holding it) a loaded pistol on the bench.  HOWEVER, it is frowned upon and against other disciplines' rules.  As long as you have a grip on the gun and it is pointed in a safe (downrange) direction, there should be no issue.

Ed Hall

http://www.starreloaders.com/edhall/

Back to top Go down

Post by CR10X Mon Mar 01, 2021 6:57 am

This is another good question (from what appears to be a relatively new BE shooter) about the process and procedures at matches.  There have been several recently and it seems to deserve our attention a bit more due to recent events.

For example, the worst thing about COVID is it almost completely eliminated the opportunity for people that want to shoot Precision Pistol (Bullseye) to actually attend a match, even to just watch and learn the process.  There are so many questions and things that can be learned by just watching a match before trying to shoot a match that would take forever to ask or type out.  

As the old saying goes; "You can pretend to care, but you can't pretend to be there."  And simply being there and seeing how a match is run, how the shooters go through the process and hear the commands, watch the shooters, see the scoring, etc. etc., cannot really be done on the internet.  

So please do not hesitate to ask any question (here or at a match) that comes to mind about shooting.  I've noticed that we're not really that bashful about giving information or advise.  Of course the receiver has to evaluate the quality of what is presented.   Wink Laughing

CR

CR10X

Outthere and bpettet like this post

Back to top Go down

Post by CO1Mtn Mon Mar 01, 2021 4:43 pm

I'll be headed to Manassas, Virginia for the pistol match on 1 May. It's held by the Fairfax Rod and Gun club.

CO1Mtn

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down