Bullseye-L Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

What size T&B bullet diameter for Pardini 32ACP?

+2
james r chapman
beeser
6 posters

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Go down

What size T&B bullet diameter for Pardini 32ACP? - Page 2 Empty What size T&B bullet diameter for Pardini 32ACP?

Post by beeser 3/7/2021, 4:23 pm

First topic message reminder :

I'm about to load some T&B 32 cal. bullets for my Pardini 32ACP.  The bullets are currently .314" in diameter.  Should they be sized to something smaller?  Based on searches here I plan to use 1.4 grs. of N310 with .840" COAL and .330 Crimp.

beeser

Back to top Go down

What size T&B bullet diameter for Pardini 32ACP? - Page 2 Empty Re: What size T&B bullet diameter for Pardini 32ACP?

Post by beeser 3/22/2021, 6:41 pm

Schaumannk wrote:
beeser wrote:I loaded some more T&Bs today but made a few changes.  The COAL is now .845" and crimped at .334".  The logic behind the latter - using a bullet diameter of .314 and a case wall thickness of .011" (different that what I mentioned earlier) leaves a filled case diameter of .336".  So that leaves about a .001" crimp on each side, practically no crimp at all.  I figure the sized inside case diameter is already much smaller than the bullet diameter and therefore providing adequate hold on the bullet.  I'll make sure the bullet doesn't move before firing off too many of them.

Also, although hard to measure the COAL of .845" leaves about a .020" projection from the case mouth to end of bullet skirt.

Any thoughts on what I'm doing would be appreciated.

Edit:  Forgot to mention 1.6 grs. of N310 was used.
I like the 1.6.   It is a nice compromise, and you should be able to load the 85g Hornady JHP with good accuracy at the same powder charge.  You will need to adjust the seating die for an OAL of around .895
You read my mind.  That's primarily why choosing 1.6.  I also use .895 thereabout for the OAL on Hornady's 85gr. XTPs.

beeser

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2