Bullseye-L Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

What firearm do you use?

+8
CR10X
rwleonard
Centerline
kjanracing
Larry2520
dapduh2
LenV
Dehumanizer
12 posters

Go down

What firearm do you use? Empty What firearm do you use?

Post by Dehumanizer Tue Mar 16, 2021 2:54 pm

What firearm do you use? List it with upgrades you have done. List what u like. List what you don't like. Then finish it off with what u search gunbroker for daily.

I will start:
My firearm is a SW22 Victory with a Volquartsen carbon fiber barrel and grip. Tandemkross trigger and talon ejector. It has a Romeo 5 red dot sight.

Pros: LOVE the trigger and grip. Barrel is very accurate. Overall weight is 2.1 lbs. 

Cons: magazine ejector is touchy. Also have to be wary of thumb placement as it is easy to push up on the safety.

What do I have my eye on: Pardini SP. 22LR

Dehumanizer

Back to top Go down

What firearm do you use? Empty Re: What firearm do you use?

Post by LenV Tue Mar 16, 2021 4:08 pm

Starting over. No real favorite. I really like wheel guns.

Last edited by LenV on Wed Mar 17, 2021 7:39 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : grumpy when I can't shoot.)
LenV
LenV

JayhawkNavy02, dieselguy624 and valbern67 like this post

Back to top Go down

Post by dapduh2 Tue Mar 16, 2021 5:02 pm

There’s a sticky for this in the equipment section if you’re trying to get an idea of what folks shoot.
dapduh2
dapduh2

valbern67 likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Dehumanizer Tue Mar 16, 2021 5:14 pm

I thought it would be interesting to hear pros and cons which the stickys don't have. But ok... Never mind.

Dehumanizer

Back to top Go down

Post by dapduh2 Tue Mar 16, 2021 5:27 pm

Dehumanizer wrote:I thought it would be interesting to hear pros and cons which the stickys don't have. But ok... Never mind.
Wasn’t trying to discourage you. Just wasn’t sure if you knew it was there.
dapduh2
dapduh2

Dehumanizer likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Larry2520 Tue Mar 16, 2021 7:56 pm

I use a Hammerli trailside mostly and a High Standard citation both with red dots. As far as 1911 I have one built by Jim Rose and one I built myself. The Rose gun is a cheap chinese gun that shoots like a dream. The other is a Taurus that I put together myself and it shoots better than I can hold it. I also have a S&W stock model 19 that I shoot once in a while. My age is catching up and my health isn't too good anymore so I call the line and shoot once in a while. Still fun and a great group of people.

Larry2520

Back to top Go down

Post by kjanracing Wed Mar 17, 2021 9:56 am

Main guns are a Pardini and Rock River Arms 1911.  Kurt
kjanracing
kjanracing

Back to top Go down

Post by Centerline Thu Mar 18, 2021 1:07 am

SW22 Victory, custom hand-carved target grips that get chewed on every once in a while for better fit, couldn't decide whether I liked the stock trigger or tandemkross better so I switched back and forth for a while.  Made a straight aluminum shoe for the stock trigger with takeup adjustability but have even gone away from that as I learn how to use a trigger over time.  The TK trigger is snappier but I don't think that's good for bullseye.  I spent some time modifying it and in the process lost the spring across the room.  Talon ejector; I'm not sure if that made any difference.  Same issues with ejecting mags consistently and forcing the safety on with my thumb so I have to check it before each string.  Cheap red dot sight by Simons on an aftermarket aluminum rail.  3D printed plastic barrel weight with .44 slugs in it for weights.  Total weight unknown but last time I used it I took a couple weights off because I was getting tired holding it up.  Seemed to help.  I don't search for new guns because I'm proud of how far I've taken a $400 gun that people say is "not a bullseye gun".  My last few indoor targets have been averaging 280+ with some 290+ sprinkled in; hopefully I can keep that going outdoor.

Centerline

Back to top Go down

Post by rwleonard Thu Mar 18, 2021 9:56 am

Just getting started in BE.  What I have for now:

S&W M41 with Gen 2 UD and Herrett Trainer stocks.

Pros: Everything but...

Cons: ...it's a touch heavier than I'd like.  

Looking at:  10m Air Pistols

rwleonard

Back to top Go down

Post by CR10X Thu Mar 18, 2021 10:25 am

Depending on the time available; whatever's closest or the one best suited to the need. 

CR

CR10X

dieselguy624 and Motophotog7 like this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Dehumanizer Thu Mar 18, 2021 2:08 pm

rwleonard wrote:Just getting started in BE.  What I have for now:

S&W M41 with Gen 2 UD and Herrett Trainer stocks.

Pros: Everything but...

Cons: ...it's a touch heavier than I'd like.  

Looking at:  10m Air Pistols
Check out the beeman p17. Cheap and as accurate as any other I have seen. The grip is similar to my buckmark. It isnt easy to load but then again not many of the air pistols are. It has a rifled barrel and with pointed 177 pellets I can group under a dime at 11 yards.

Dehumanizer

dieselguy624 and rwleonard like this post

Back to top Go down

Post by dieselguy624 Thu Mar 18, 2021 2:28 pm

Right now a Sig Trailside competition, with a Romeo5 dot, love the 2 stage trigger. Super reliable. Grips are just ok.
Also use a KC's built 1911 lower w/ Nelson custom conversion. Currently with a 9000SC. Great trigger, very reliable may become my EIC gun.
for CF & .45 a Les Baer Custom with an Aimpoint H1. Solid gun, good trigger no real complaints.

Looking at- Hammerli 208 or Walther GSP Expert Air Venturi 46M.

dieselguy624

Back to top Go down

Post by Surveyor Wed May 19, 2021 8:24 pm

For .22 I use a Nelson Conversion on a S&W "E" series 1911.  1911 trigger tuned at 2 lbs and use a 17 lb main spring.  Ultradot sight.  Tried custom grips but found that stock 1911 grips work best for me. 

For centerfire I use a Kimber 1911 in 9mm with ultradot.  Trigger has been tuned to 2.5 lbs and had the front strap custom checkered.  Factory grips.

For .45 I use a Sig Target model 1911 with ultradot.  Trigger has been tuned to 3.5 lbs.  Factory grips.

All 3 guns feel the same except for the trigger pull. 

1911's just seem to fit my hand and shooting style.  My scores went up considerably when I decided to get a Nelson conversion on a 1911 and leave my S&W 41 in the safe.

Surveyor

Back to top Go down

Post by Bigtrout Thu May 20, 2021 8:37 am

SA 5" 1911 RO and S&W 5" 986 both in 9mm.  I'm not a competitive shooter just handloading development and fun trying for tight groups.
Bigtrout
Bigtrout

Back to top Go down

Post by popchevy Sun May 23, 2021 9:31 pm

I recently bought a new Hammerli X-cess and REALLY like it. Put a Match dot on it and a set of Sport grips and am just shooting the crap out of it.

popchevy

dieselguy624 likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down