Bullseye-L Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

I like my Kart Gunsmith Fit Barrel

4 posters

Go down

I like my Kart Gunsmith Fit Barrel Empty I like my Kart Gunsmith Fit Barrel

Post by Sa-tevp Fri Apr 30, 2021 8:25 pm

About two years ago I asked a Bullseye pistolsmith to fit a Kart Gunsmith Fit Barrel in my progressive build Springfield Armory Range Officer as at the time I was a wuss with recoil and the RO barrel always developed a booger of leading ahead of the chamber. I figured a BE pistolsmith fit barrel may recoil better as well as being easier to clean.

My pistolsmith/coach obliged and was very pleased with the results using JHP and lead loads when testing.

My competition attendance had been on hold for two years due to family stuff and when I started shooting a 45 again (using lead loads) I was very pleased with the range results and also that the barrel was as easy to clean as a 22. Some chamber fouling but no lead in the barrel with cast or swaged lead 0.452" bullets.
Sa-tevp
Sa-tevp

troystaten and dieselguy624 like this post

Back to top Go down

I like my Kart Gunsmith Fit Barrel Empty Re: I like my Kart Gunsmith Fit Barrel

Post by troystaten Fri Apr 30, 2021 10:05 pm

I have a Kart barrel in my SA milspec and it is a nice barrel, accurate and does not seem to lead.

troystaten

Back to top Go down

Post by Steve in Allentown Sat May 01, 2021 8:28 am

Sa-tevp wrote:I figured a BE pistolsmith fit barrel may recoil better as well as being easier to clean.
I suspect he cut the leade angle at 1-1/2  or 1-1/4 degrees which allows for an easier transition of the bullet.  If the opportunity presents itself, could you ask him about this?  I'm just curious.
Steve in Allentown
Steve in Allentown

Back to top Go down

Post by jglenn21 Mon May 03, 2021 10:50 am

I played with the 1.5 degree throats a few years back a bit on both 38 super and 45 wad guns. Really didn't find anything positive or negative with them.  Jury is still out on a 38 spl 1911 shooting HBWC. 

Firm believer in very positive upper lug barrel engagement,as Jon has noted for lower felt recoil and the longest lower lug engagement i can get. 

Just my limited experience..
jglenn21
jglenn21

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down