Bullseye-L Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Good scope for shooting box.

3 posters

Go down

Good scope for shooting box.  Empty Good scope for shooting box.

Post by jeffcamis 5/3/2021, 11:50 am

It has been 15 plus years since I competed.  My kids are older so I'm getting back into it.  

I have a box and cleaned it last night I need a decent spotting scope and knob to secure it.  My box has the aluminum arm that mounts a scope.  

What are guys uses these days?  

I keep my .22 and .45 targets hoping to get back into it.  

What are guy using for the centerfire pistol???

Also with crazy ammo prices what is a good target load for .45 acp hardball portion of the match.   I have powder and primers. 

Thanks
Jeff.

jeffcamis

Back to top Go down

Good scope for shooting box.  Empty Re: Good scope for shooting box.

Post by xman 5/3/2021, 12:08 pm

For the knob

https://www.bullseyegear.com/bullseyegear/

I have the scope that is in the link. Great glass, 45 angle, no issue at 50 yards. Power easily adjusted as is the focus. Good range of magnification. Light weight. VERY compact. Free returns too.

https://www.opticsplanet.com/hawke-sport-optics-nature-trek-9-27x56-spotting-scope.html

Enlarge this image Click to see fullsize
Good scope for shooting box.  Opplan10
Go the the Equipment forum and you will see other options

Last edited by xman on 5/3/2021, 12:13 pm; edited 2 times in total (Reason for editing : added scope choice, suggested Equipment forum)
xman
xman

Back to top Go down

Post by Wobbley 5/3/2021, 2:23 pm

For the ‘hardball” portion of a match and EIC “Leg” matches, the CMP changed the ammo requirements.  All the ammo needs to be is jacketed (plated is ok) and safe.  So most people are shooting 185 JHP.     Nosler, Zero, Hornady and Sierra seem to be the most popular but choose the one you like.  As for regular loads for 2700, people shoot from 185 to 200 cast and coated or the same weights swaged.  Some shoot 185 JHP at 50.

Center fire is mostly 45 with some shooting a 32 Euro autoloaders and some geezers like me shooting a 38 on occasion.  Others are shooting 9mm or 38 Supers downloaded to reduce snap.
Wobbley
Wobbley
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down