Bullseye-L Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Ruger mk II with volquartsen sear is just under two lbs?..

4 posters

Go down

Ruger mk II with volquartsen sear is just under two lbs?.. Empty Ruger mk II with volquartsen sear is just under two lbs?..

Post by jeffcamis Fri Jul 16, 2021 12:11 am

I replaced the trigger on my stock ruger mk ii.  The trigger is now just under 2 lbs.  around 1 3/4 lbs on a spring scale which to me seems to give a heavier reading than being measured with weights…

Anyway I need to get my trigger to 2 lbs.  I tried the stock sear spring with the same exact results….  I noticed that when I was taking out the factory original sear pin it was bent?  This had to be done at the factory because I have never taken the pistol down since I owned it.  I got a new pin from ruger and used that.  The crazy thing is with the factory sear the trigger pull is 4 lbs….

What I’m I not doing to add a few ounces to the trigger pull.  I have taken this pistol apart 4 times trying to figure this out…

Any suggestions or solutions will be greatly appreciated….

jeffcamis

Back to top Go down

Ruger mk II with volquartsen sear is just under two lbs?.. Empty Re: Ruger mk II with volquartsen sear is just under two lbs?..

Post by tovaert Fri Jul 16, 2021 8:56 am

IIRC if you go back to the factory trigger spring it will put you over 2 lbs.

tovaert

Back to top Go down

Ruger mk II with volquartsen sear is just under two lbs?.. Empty Re: Ruger mk II with volquartsen sear is just under two lbs?..

Post by jeffcamis Fri Jul 16, 2021 2:29 pm

I tried that to no luck. The only part I changed was the sear itself.

jeffcamis

Back to top Go down

Post by james r chapman Fri Jul 16, 2021 2:38 pm

Contact volquartsen.
Maybe the sear spring is installed backwards ?
james r chapman
james r chapman
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by jeffcamis Fri Jul 16, 2021 4:30 pm

I called them.  They said my lower must not be in spec.  That why it is not working?   Does anyone know of a go gunsmith I can send just the lower to…

I’m pretty sure I installed the parts correctly.  I shot in a practice match with the light trigger and it functions fine.  I’m pretty sure it would not function if the sear print was in backward?

jeffcamis

Back to top Go down

Post by Jon Eulette Fri Jul 16, 2021 6:07 pm

PM sent
Jon Eulette
Jon Eulette

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down