Bullseye-L Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Walther GSP Expert Optics Mount Issue

2 posters

Go down

Walther GSP Expert Optics Mount Issue Empty Walther GSP Expert Optics Mount Issue

Post by brassmaster 7/23/2021, 7:05 pm

I sent Zane a PM because he has a Walther GSP with the same mount, but I guess he is out to dinner tonight with his significant other, so I'm posting my issue to anyone that can help because I would like to get the issue resolved and return to the range tomorrow with an optics mount that works properly.
I purchased a new Walther GSP Expert .22 from Champion's Choice and picked it up at my FFL dealer yesterday. I also purchased the optics mount included in the same order and when I picked up the pistol and opened the box, Champion's had removed the rear sight and installed the optics mount. I thought o.k., that saves me from doing it and it saved shipping the mount as a separate item and additional shipping costs. This afternoon it was off to the range to function test and determine what brand & type of std. velocity ammo it liked.
The pistol functioned flawlessly with all 10-12 brands of ammo I tried, but I could not get an expected, decent or respectable 5 or 10 shot group at 25 yards that should have been representative of one the most accurate 22 target pistols made. After testing a few different brands of ammo, with negative results, I checked my Ultradot ring screws and found them sufficiently tight to prevent movement. When I finally threw in the towel, I put  my hand on the Ultradot and discovered that it would move right to left or left to right. I also noticed while this movement was occurring the optics mount's two "anchoring" pins were moving in & out. Eureka, I located my problem! Then, when I got home I examined the pins again and could not see anything holding or stabilizing the pins in place on the ends penetrating the mount's base. What's missing that holds these pins firmly in place? I see no threads for a nut or groves for a snap ring. Any help or advice will be appreciated.
brassmaster
brassmaster

http://www.whitehorsecenter.org, click on Brassmasters

Back to top Go down

Walther GSP Expert Optics Mount Issue Empty Set screws…

Post by 301bruce 7/23/2021, 9:24 pm

I have two mounts. Both have two set screws per pin that screw down from the mount and press against the pins.

301bruce

Back to top Go down

Walther GSP Expert Optics Mount Issue Empty Re: Walther GSP Expert Optics Mount Issue

Post by brassmaster 7/24/2021, 8:40 am

301bruce wrote:I have two mounts. Both have two set screws per pin that screw down from the mount and press against the pins.
Thanks for the post 301bruce, after some searches on this forum I found posts from two guys of about fours years ago that had the same issue and I implemented their suggestion which appears to have corrected the problem. Another trip to the range will determine the answer. Your response was appreciated.
brassmaster
brassmaster

http://www.whitehorsecenter.org, click on Brassmasters

Back to top Go down

Walther GSP Expert Optics Mount Issue Empty Re: Walther GSP Expert Optics Mount Issue

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down