Bullseye-L Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Darn it, NRA coming events

+3
machinist mike
MarkF45
xman
7 posters

Go down

Darn it, NRA coming events Empty Darn it, NRA coming events

Post by xman Thu Aug 05, 2021 9:23 pm

Here it is 5 days into AUGUST 2021 and the NRA has yet to update its coming events to August 2021. Since Jan 2021 sometimes it is updated on time but sometime it is WAY late.

Its not rocket science, the technology is established. Is there so much manual data imputing that whoever is in charge cant get it done in advance to get the calendar posted on time? 

I must be living in a dream world to expect the calendar to be a smooth operation in getting posted on time.

YEs Yes I know the NRA competitions had a real busy July, but it was expected to be busy. Expecting it to be busy means that the organization "should" make adjustments for the monthly routine of uploading the August calendar.

Am just glad that this forum is posting matches and events in advance so shooters can get the programs and make plans, and to h**l with the NRA calendar.
xman
xman

mpolans likes this post

Back to top Go down

Darn it, NRA coming events Empty Re: Darn it, NRA coming events

Post by MarkF45 Sat Aug 07, 2021 11:05 pm

I am not holding my breath waiting for anything from the NRA.

MarkF45

Back to top Go down

Post by machinist mike Sat Aug 07, 2021 11:49 pm

About the only thing the NRA does a superb job at is soliciting for more money.  I must get at least 4 e-mails every week.  I always reply, "Get my share from LaPierre!!!"

machinist mike

Bill Mccaughey likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Orpanaut Sat Aug 07, 2021 11:54 pm

Do any of the state associations provide a similar list of upcoming matches? It seems as though that would be a much more manageable task.

Orpanaut

Back to top Go down

Post by SingleActionAndrew Sun Aug 08, 2021 12:53 am

I also am frustrated every time I get a piece of physical mail from NRA that isn't my magazine subscription. They are so frequent and of not poor presentation that I feel my money is being wasted on soliciting people like myself who feel they have contributed an already considerable sum to NRA.

NRA's premise of creation is fundamentally a competitions centric one. I only joined the NRA and this was just a few years ago to specifically participate in this sport. I've come to love the history and be interested in its long term future. I suggest and look forward to NRA considering again Competitions as one of its principal investment areas.
SingleActionAndrew
SingleActionAndrew

Back to top Go down

Post by mikemargolis Sun Aug 08, 2021 8:55 pm

machinist mike wrote:About the only thing the NRA does a superb job at is soliciting for more money.  I must get at least 4 e-mails every week.  I always reply, "Get my share from LaPierre!!!"
I gave them a fake email and street address. All I wanted was my membership number.

I CAN dictate what hits my mailboxes.

mikemargolis

Back to top Go down

Post by xman Sun Aug 08, 2021 9:48 pm

mikemargolis wrote:
machinist mike wrote:About the only thing the NRA does a superb job at is soliciting for more money.  I must get at least 4 e-mails every week.  I always reply, "Get my share from LaPierre!!!"
I gave them a fake email and street address. All I wanted was my membership number.

Where does the NRA send your classification cards and other competitive related stuff, new membership cards, your choice of magazine?
xman
xman

chopper likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by mikemargolis Sun Aug 08, 2021 9:50 pm

xman wrote:
mikemargolis wrote:

Where does the NRA send your classification cards and other competitive related stuff, new membership cards, your choice of magazine?
I don't get a magazine (bought the cheapest membership possible) and don't want anything else.

#FIREWLP

mikemargolis

Back to top Go down

Post by CR10X Mon Aug 09, 2021 6:41 am

https://www.ssusa.org/media/1545059/august_2021_ce.pdf

After the first of the year, things don't change much anyway and it takes a few weeks to get into the calendar after sanctioning a match (or matches).

Seems like I'm special.  Life Member, get my magazine, got my classification card updates and never get any solicitations for money or anything else.  No emails either.  And I'm a Match Director and apply for sanctioning matches and send in reports every month so they definitely know who and where I am.  Just have to know how to opt out of stuff I guess.

CR

PS:  While the formation over a hundred years ago may have been for shooting, of course the recent focus, last 50 years or so, is lobbying to make sure you have something to shoot.  Remember 1968?  Competitions are nice, having something to shoot is even better.  I prefer they do both as well as possible.

CR10X

Schaumannk, chopper, Hawkja and bentrod like this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down