Bullseye-L Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

MG2E Match Guns First Shots

+13
DA/SA
ssauer2004
chiz1180
SingleActionAndrew
Wes Lorenz
TonyH
dapduh2
Bob C
toddcfii
bruce martindale
messenger
SilentAssassin
Jon Eulette
17 posters

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Go down

MG2E Match Guns First Shots - Page 2 Empty MG2E Match Guns First Shots

Post by Jon Eulette 8/19/2021, 1:45 am

First topic message reminder :

I just picked up a new MG2E. It’s the electronic trigger version of the MG2 which is mechanical.
I adjusted the trigger to get my second stage down to about 1/2 pound and NRA weights held two pounds on the trigger.
It’s much simpler to adjust the electronic version. 
I had previously stated in another post that it has a very fast trigger reset. It’s crazy short. The take up can be adjusted to almost zero. 
So I just went out and shot the pistol for function fire. Put up a 25 Yard target and shot the following;
30 CCI SV
20 Aguila Super Extra
20 Eley Match OSP pink box
20 Eley Club orange box
20 SK Standard Plus yellow box

Pistol functioned perfectly.
I was shooting 5 shot RF in 5-6 seconds. They were breaking nice and fast and I wasn’t slinging them.

The recoil varied between the ammunition shot. I was holding semi loose and aiming at 6 o’clock. The Eley’s recoiled to the top of the bull. The other ammunition recoiled to top of the repair center. I was shooting with iron sights. I’m waiting on optic mounts right now that are being fab’d . I use an Aimpoint 9000 and take the barrel weights off the pistol when using an optic. My other MG2’s recover right back to center with the optic mounted. I had tried using the Aimpoint Micro H1 but like the 9000 better for the ease of recovery back to the X.
The electronic trigger doesn’t offer the same feedback as the mechanical trigger when squeezing. I need to learn more about the setup.
The Match Guns factory has been listening to our griping about a few issues that have affected the reliability of these pistols. This shipment is by far the best EVO order.
The grips run slightly large in my opinion and are very nice for factory grips.
I’m looking forward to spending more time with this pistol and playing with the trigger adjustments.
If you’re a first time user of the Guns, they take a little getting used to, but once you make friends lookout Pardini! I just had to say that lol.
Happy Shooting!
Jon
MG2E Match Guns First Shots - Page 2 636e0910
Jon Eulette
Jon Eulette

toddcfii likes this post

Back to top Go down

MG2E Match Guns First Shots - Page 2 Empty Re: MG2E Match Guns First Shots

Post by Mike M. 8/25/2021, 7:37 pm

Damn it, you guys are going to make me buy one.  :-)

Mike M.

Back to top Go down

Post by Froneck 8/28/2021, 7:49 am

Few things that have to get accustomed to. The tube magazine is nice but care has to be taken when filling it. If a round is not completely inserted especially the last round when the spring is completely depress the round will launch and all of them will exit the magazine. Slide lock back is not automatic, at least on mine it isn't, it will lock back the slide manually but it's not all the way back so when inserting a full magazine the slide must be pulled all the way back, if not the slide will close without putting a round in the chamber.

Froneck

Back to top Go down

Post by tovaert 8/29/2021, 11:56 am

I also eject rounds from the magazines, due to my fumble fingers, sweaty hands, and lubed bullets...but that 3-D printed speed loader (sold by one of the forum members here) works great. I use the recommended SK Standard+ but I find that I have to strip and clean the pistol about every 200 rounds. I would like to find a really clean .22LR round if it would cycle in the gun, but I don't have any significant experience shooting .22 ammo in pistols.

tovaert

Back to top Go down

Post by wingnut170 8/30/2021, 10:56 am

tovaert wrote:I also eject rounds from the magazines, due to my fumble fingers, sweaty hands, and lubed bullets...but that 3-D printed speed loader (sold by one of the forum members here) works great. I use the recommended SK Standard+ but I find that I have to strip and clean the pistol about every 200 rounds. I would like to find a really clean .22LR round if it would cycle in the gun, but I don't have any significant experience shooting .22 ammo in pistols.
Some of the SK that I have is oily, I just wipe them off with a paper towel. Seems to work for me.....

wingnut170

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2