Bullseye-L Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

center fire gun for small hand

+13
Allgoodhits
Gary Collette
WesG
BE Mike
james r chapman
RoyDean
LenV
zanemoseley
SteveT
Wobbley
john bickar
Jon Eulette
nreagen
17 posters

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Go down

center fire gun for small hand - Page 2 Empty center fire gun for small hand

Post by nreagen Fri Oct 08, 2021 4:15 pm

First topic message reminder :

Hi All,
I am relatively new to the Bullseye league at my club, and have shot rimfire with them. Just joined the center fire, but am having difficulty. So, my 1st question is, should I modify a gun that I have, (will list below) or can you recommend one better suited to target shooting, as am thinking of trading in the S&W
1. SIG P229 9mm
2. S&W M&P 40 PRO Series C.O.R.E
3. Kimber Eclipse Pro II 45

Second question, what red dot or reflex sight would you recommend, currently have a Buck Mark Reflex sight on my Ruger Mark IV, but have been looking at a lot of them with a great range of prices, very confusing, just needs to be tough, as I'm a bit clumsy Smile
nreagen
nreagen

Back to top Go down

center fire gun for small hand - Page 2 Empty Re: center fire gun for small hand

Post by zanemoseley Tue Oct 12, 2021 10:27 am

Just go straight to Zero loaded ammo if its cheaper, good stuff. Also look at Atlanta Arms.

zanemoseley

Back to top Go down

center fire gun for small hand - Page 2 Empty Re: center fire gun for small hand

Post by nreagen Wed Oct 13, 2021 8:50 am

Thank you SO much!
nreagen
nreagen

Back to top Go down

Post by hengehold Thu Oct 14, 2021 4:49 am

nreagen wrote:Hi All,
I am relatively new to the Bullseye league at my club, and have shot rimfire with them. Just joined the center fire, but am having difficulty. So, my 1st question is, should I modify a gun that I have, (will list below) or can you recommend one better suited to target shooting, as am thinking of trading in the S&W
1. SIG P229 9mm
2. S&W M&P 40 PRO Series C.O.R.E
3. Kimber Eclipse Pro II 45

Second question, what red dot or reflex sight would you recommend, currently have a Buck Mark Reflex sight on my Ruger Mark IV, but have been looking at a lot of them with a great range of prices, very confusing, just needs to be tough, as I'm a bit clumsy Smile
some food for thought. 
I recently purchased my first bullseye pistol and decided to go with a ProPlus model from AccuracyX. I had almost no experience with a 1911 so the owner (Steve Huff) was very helpful when I needed to make decisions about many of the details of the build. He has a bullseye shooting background. Not all gunsmiths are actual shooters so their help in making decisions is limited.

hengehold

Back to top Go down

Post by LenV Mon May 22, 2023 8:12 pm

SteveT wrote:Yeah, 1911 is the way to go, but if you really want something smaller most of the Euro 32 pistols or a S&W 52 would be smaller. I've never heard of a S&W J frame being used as a target gun, but I bet some of the revolver gunsmiths could make one shoot.
They certainly fit the small criteria. This one held 10 ring at 25yds today but I was more plinking than anything else.. I had to hold sub 6 to get into the X ring with the sights bottomed out. But might of been my grip. This picture is for you James. This one really is a J frame.  Laughing

center fire gun for small hand - Page 2 20230510
LenV
LenV

SingleActionAndrew likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by RodJ Mon May 22, 2023 9:50 pm

This adds nothing to the conversation but I am reminded of Natalie Wood, as Susan, in Miracle in 34th Street. Fred Gaily remarks that a parade float looks to be a giant. To which Susan replies “Sometimes people grow very large, but that’s abnormal…”

RodJ

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2