Bullseye-L Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Bullseye clubs or match’s in south Florida

+5
Travlr99
DA/SA
James Hensler
TampaTim
TonySmjc
9 posters

Go down

Bullseye clubs or match’s in south Florida  Empty Bullseye clubs or match’s in south Florida

Post by TonySmjc 11/4/2021, 6:58 pm

1st post 
Just getting back into the sport after a long long layoff 
Short story when I lived in Pa I was very active shooting all 5 Olympic pistol disciplines ( 5 at that time ) and our national match 2700
Moved back to nyc and selling everything Sad

Now that I’m in south Florida I’m going to try and shoot again this time around eyes are older so irons not in the cards going red fit and national match only no international shooting

Kc is building me a 45 
My sw 41 just arrived 
And I’ve got a aw93 and walther ssp on order
What can I tell you I like 22s 

My local range delray shooting center isn’t really a “ bullseye” kinda place 

Any one have any insight into clubs in that area that might be

Local match’s ??

Now on to find a 4 gum box and a spotting scope 

Thanks
Tony

TonySmjc

Back to top Go down

Bullseye clubs or match’s in south Florida  Empty Re: Bullseye clubs or match’s in south Florida

Post by TampaTim 11/4/2021, 7:54 pm

There is a 2700 every week at WAC in Clearwater

TampaTim

Back to top Go down

Bullseye clubs or match’s in south Florida  Empty Re: Bullseye clubs or match’s in south Florida

Post by TonySmjc 11/4/2021, 8:19 pm

Thanks that’s a bit far from highland beach

Back in the day traveling across the state or even into another to shoot a match or PTO was nothing

These days I like indoors but would still shoot outdoors on a nice day , and within an hours drive

I

TonySmjc

Back to top Go down

Post by James Hensler 11/5/2021, 6:41 am

You only have a few options 

Port Malabar 
Gateway up in Jacksonville
James Hensler
James Hensler

Back to top Go down

Post by DA/SA 11/5/2021, 6:48 am

I don't believe that Malabar holds 2700's. Just the Saturday 900 (.22) and usually 30 rounds of something else like a revolver, center fire, air pistol, or carry, etc. match.

The 900 is a good one though with a number of shooters.
DA/SA
DA/SA

Back to top Go down

Post by James Hensler 11/5/2021, 9:16 am

Like I said only w few choices. A 909 is better than nothing
James Hensler
James Hensler

Back to top Go down

Post by Travlr99 11/5/2021, 4:15 pm

There's a monthly 25-yard 900 at the MCSA in Stuart.  Also a longish drive for you, unfortunately.

Travlr99

Back to top Go down

Post by TonySmjc 11/5/2021, 4:20 pm

Stewart’s not terrible at least east coast

TonySmjc

Back to top Go down

Post by Wobbley 11/5/2021, 6:55 pm

James Hensler wrote:Like I said only w few choices. A 909 is better than nothing
Here in So Cal, a “909” is synonymous with meth heads or “white trash”…

[url=https://www.urbandictionary.com/define.php?term=The arm]The arm[/url] pit of [url=https://www.urbandictionary.com/define.php?term=southern california]southern california[/url]. or the [url=https://www.urbandictionary.com/define.php?term=meth lab]meth lab[/url] capital of the world
I accidentally [url=https://www.urbandictionary.com/define.php?term=blew up]blew up[/url] my house "cooking". didn't matter though.. it was only in [url=https://www.urbandictionary.com/define.php?term=the 909]the 909[/url]. I'll just buy a new one with my [url=https://www.urbandictionary.com/define.php?term=crack money]crack money[/url].
Wobbley
Wobbley
Admin

James Hensler and lakemurrayman like this post

Back to top Go down

Post by TonyH 11/5/2021, 7:11 pm

Looks like the html is on the afore mentioned meth…
TonyH
TonyH

Back to top Go down

Post by James Hensler 11/8/2021, 8:51 am

If you want to make the trip over to Ft Myers I have a membership to a beautiful multi bay range and I can get a couple of bulleye shooters and we can simulate a match
James Hensler
James Hensler

Back to top Go down

Post by TonySmjc 11/8/2021, 9:41 am

Possibility in the future

TonySmjc

Back to top Go down

Post by OldSchool 11/8/2021, 8:23 pm

Hollywood Rifle and Pistol Club does a 900 bullseye “style” match on the 4th Sunday of each month with the option to compete at 50/25 yards or 25/15 yards.

OldSchool

Back to top Go down

Post by TonySmjc 11/9/2021, 4:48 am

Thanks
I’ll check it out next time down
I’m still gathering my gear
And have little hope my 41 will run out of the box

TonySmjc

Back to top Go down

Post by James Hensler 11/9/2021, 7:25 pm

OldSchool wrote:Hollywood Rifle and Pistol Club does a 900 bullseye “style”  match on the 4th Sunday of each month with the option to compete at 50/25 yards or 25/15 yards.

When was the last time you shot this? I was told it was it a bullseye style but more of a fun type event
James Hensler
James Hensler

Back to top Go down

Post by CT_Frank 11/10/2021, 12:11 am

I am going to look for a place in SW Florida in about 18 months.  It sounds like there are shooters, but not many matches. It would be nice to get something going.

CT_Frank

Motophotog7 likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down