Bullseye-L Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Gunsmith recommendations for an out of time S&W 14-7

+2
TonyH
Nightshift82
6 posters

Go down

Gunsmith recommendations for an out of time S&W 14-7 Empty Gunsmith recommendations for an out of time S&W 14-7

Post by Nightshift82 Tue Dec 07, 2021 8:29 pm

The S&W 14-7 I picked up last year seems a bit out of time, works great in single action but spits some lead in double action.  I'm looking for recommendations for where to send this to get fixed.
Nightshift82
Nightshift82

Back to top Go down

Gunsmith recommendations for an out of time S&W 14-7 Empty Re: Gunsmith recommendations for an out of time S&W 14-7

Post by TonyH Tue Dec 07, 2021 9:02 pm

Matt Lieninger, Mojo Custom Guns in Hartland, MI….
TonyH
TonyH

Allgoodhits likes this post

Back to top Go down

Gunsmith recommendations for an out of time S&W 14-7 Empty Re: Gunsmith recommendations for an out of time S&W 14-7

Post by Allgoodhits Thu Dec 09, 2021 6:52 pm

Mojo Custom in MI or Northern Virginia Gun Works in VA
Allgoodhits
Allgoodhits

Back to top Go down

Post by Arthur Thu Dec 09, 2021 8:02 pm

Smith & Wesson is running about 8 months turn around. Just got my 28 back. 
Good luck!!

Best,
Arthur

Arthur

Back to top Go down

Post by Tim:H11 Fri Dec 10, 2021 7:17 am

I would look at the double action sear and the hand and try to determine if it’s simply firing too soon, or if the hand is worn and it’s not completing a cycle of bringing the new chamber into lock up. More common than something else the hand wears down and starts slipping. A new hand can be purchased from a variety of online vendors, and then sometimes you get lucky and it’s a drop in fit or sometimes you’ll have to adjust it some to get the desired behavior out of it. If it’s a DA sear then a new one needs installed, checked for function, and filed/stoned until it functions correctly and you have a smooth feel again. These are just the two things I’d look for and I’ve done both before. They are easy tasks to mess up but they also aren’t hard to do if you pay attention to what the gun is telling you and take your time.
Tim:H11
Tim:H11

Back to top Go down

Post by James Hensler Fri Dec 10, 2021 4:56 pm

Fix it yourself! Get a hand and watch some YouTube videos! It’s easy
James Hensler
James Hensler

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down