Bullseye-L Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Opinions please of Frank Glen gunsmithing

+2
71firebird400
docderm
6 posters

Go down

Opinions please of Frank Glen gunsmithing Empty Opinions please of Frank Glen gunsmithing

Post by docderm Fri Dec 31, 2021 1:21 pm

Hi 

I am looking for an accuracy tuneup on 1911s and on a revolver. I found Glen custom gunsmithing online and seem to find some good reviews from the past.

Can any of you please give me feedback on his services?

Thanks

docderm

Back to top Go down

Opinions please of Frank Glen gunsmithing Empty Re: Opinions please of Frank Glen gunsmithing

Post by 71firebird400 Sat Jan 01, 2022 12:06 am

He is a top shelf revolver gunsmith- you would be hard pressed to find someone better to repair an old Colt or S&W. I don't have any experience with his 1911 work.

71firebird400

Back to top Go down

Opinions please of Frank Glen gunsmithing Empty Re: Opinions please of Frank Glen gunsmithing

Post by docderm Sat Jan 01, 2022 12:36 am

Thanks, 71 Firebird 400 for your input.

Can anyone else contribute more opinions?
Thanks

docderm

Back to top Go down

Post by orpheoet Sat Jan 01, 2022 3:36 am

I don't know this gunsmith but I can say that K.C. Crawford has worked on my M41, M625-2, and M14-1(which I went distinguished with) and his work is unparalled IMO. Obviously he also knows his way around a 1911…...
orpheoet
orpheoet

Dockokol likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Boxturtle Sat Jan 01, 2022 5:47 pm

Frank Glenn did excellent work on my Colt Officers Model Match.  He timed the action and did his "Ultimate Action Job."  The work is first rate.
Boxturtle
Boxturtle

Back to top Go down

Post by docderm Sat Jan 01, 2022 7:05 pm

Thanks, Boxturtle

Would welcome further reports of others experience with his work
DocDerm

docderm

Back to top Go down

Post by JayhawkNavy02 Sat Jan 01, 2022 7:14 pm

Frank is great on revolver work, which is my only experience.  He did a K-38 a couple years ago and I was very happy and one of the few guys who do old Colt wheel guns.  Strait shooter.

Last edited by JayhawkNavy02 on Thu Jan 06, 2022 12:45 am; edited 3 times in total
JayhawkNavy02
JayhawkNavy02

Back to top Go down

Post by docderm Sat Jan 01, 2022 9:33 pm

Thanks Jayhawknavy02

Anyone else have some recent experience with Mr. Glen‘s work?
Thanks
DocDerm

docderm

Back to top Go down

Post by Froneck Mon Jan 03, 2022 11:04 pm

I don't know Frank Glen so can't anything good or bad about him. However there is a big difference between the 1911 and Revolvers! I've known a few smiths that were very good with revolvers but didn't do a good job on 1911 Bullseye guns!

Froneck

Back to top Go down

Post by Boxturtle Wed Jan 05, 2022 4:49 pm

docderm wrote:Hi 

I am looking for an accuracy tuneup on 1911s and on a revolver. I found Glen custom gunsmithing online and seem to find some good reviews from the past.

Can any of you please give me feedback on his services?

Thanks
Blurb from web site:
http://glenncustom.com/

Accuracy Unlimited, Inc. / dba Glenn Custom
Glenn Custom is owned and operated by Frank Glenn and has been in operation since 1973. He knows what it takes to build a reliable and accurate gun. Frank has built custom guns for some of the top shooters in the world, including Brian Enos, Bill Wilson, Rob Leatham, Mike Plaxco, and Mike Dalton. John Pride, Arnt Myhre and many others.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
I recommended Frank Glenn (yes, spelled "Glenn") because the OP specifically asked about revolver work, and I specifically stated that he did an excellent job on my Colt Officers Model Match.  I would not offer an opinion outside of my personal experience as to do so is less than helpful.  
Boxturtle
Boxturtle

Back to top Go down

Post by Froneck Wed Jan 05, 2022 5:15 pm

All the top shooters listed are all action shooters! None of them can compete in Bullseye! Anyone wanting work done on a Bullseye pistol should go to someone familiar with Bullseye!!! I worked on a few guns that were done by some of what was supposed to be the best Action style and they were not worth anything in Bullseye!! If you want to get a good gun for Bullseye competition select a good Bullseye smith. Jon and KC here in the Forum would be my suggestion!

Froneck

Back to top Go down

Post by JayhawkNavy02 Wed Jan 05, 2022 6:27 pm

No argument.  Bullseye guns by Bullseye Gunsmiths.  However, Frank is more familiar with Bullseye thank I think we are giving credit for.  Sandy Garret at Northern Virginia Gun Works is also very good.  Dave Sams of Sams Custom Gunworks is another name to keep handy.  Any of the fine folks will serve you well.

Here is a short excerpt from his website:

http://glenncustom.com/

“Frank” does complete conversions for most of the Action Shooting games such as N.R.A. Action (Bianchi Cup), PPC, IDPA, IPSC, USPSA, Masters, etc. Frank does all the machine and action work.  He's a member of the N.R.A. Action 1920 Club, the N.R.A. P.P.C. 1490 Club and the N.R.A. 2600 Club. Frank holds distinguished badges in both bullseye and PPC.
JayhawkNavy02
JayhawkNavy02

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down