Bullseye-L Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Pardini mag issues

+12
mpolans
Russ OR
orpheoet
james r chapman
SingleActionAndrew
Wobbley
RoyDean
Allgoodhits
Vociferous
jimsteele
scootso
BruceV
16 posters

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Go down

Pardini mag issues - Page 2 Empty Pardini mag issues

Post by BruceV Wed 05 Jan 2022, 10:19 pm

First topic message reminder :

I have had my Pardini for 1 month, have ran 1,500 rounds through it no issues. Only using CCI SV, the last 3 times I went to the club I have had 6 or 7 FTF's all 2nd round.  The bullets are hanging up in the magazines, 4 out of the 6 mags it has happened with.

I have cleaned the magazines(complete disassembly).

I tried keeping the magazines and ammo warm, did not help.

I have read that some shooters have experienced inconsistency with CCI SV, is that what is going on?

I don't know what to look for in regard to my magazines having been tweaked to accept CCI, they were done for me by the dealer before I picked up the gun.

Anyone else had this problem, and is it simply going to be use different ammo?

Last edited by james r chapman on Sat 08 Jan 2022, 7:22 am; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : Changed subject-admin)

BruceV

Back to top Go down

Pardini mag issues - Page 2 Empty Re: Pardini mag issues

Post by BruceV Sat 08 Jan 2022, 5:14 pm

mpolans wrote:I shoot mainly shoot SK. If I was dead set on CCI SV, I'd just file a little off of the back bump that pushes rounds forward. Probably wouldn't take much.
I'm going to do that with a spare magazine - if it works and does not screw up using other ammunition I will do all my magazines.  I shoot other ammunition, I just happen to have a good amount of CCI SV.

Today I shot 100 rounds and no issues, haven't done anything to the magazines yet. As others have stated these days CCI quality control is less than what we would expect.  The problem today, I was waiting for it to happen, need to fix it so I can forget about it.

BruceV

Back to top Go down

Post by BruceV Sun 23 Jan 2022, 4:29 pm

So 2 weeks later I think I have the CCI ammo under control. I have not altered the magazines or changed springs in the magazines.

Solution for now, not great but it has worked for about 1,000 rounds.

I use a Scotch-Brite kitchen pad. I rub the head of the bullets across the pad a few times, effectively takes the wax off the nose and I'm thinking maybe 0.001 off the  overall length.
I don't do the entire bullet,  just the tip.
I have about 10,000 rounds of CCI  left.
Most likely will not continue using it, number one reason I didn't want to do anything with the magazines if I didn't have to.
It's not terrible,  I do feel bad when I see my wife's fingers bleeding,  only 10K left !!

Last edited by BruceV on Sun 23 Jan 2022, 8:42 pm; edited 2 times in total

BruceV

Back to top Go down

Post by Jwhelan939 Sun 23 Jan 2022, 4:51 pm

I've read about this issue, but thank God I haven't experienced it. My dad and I both have the bullseye model sp and 7 Mags. Have shot thousands of rounds of cci with no issue in any of the 14 mags. Not sure why so many have issue and we were spared, but I'm certainly not complaining.

Jwhelan939

Back to top Go down

Post by mikemargolis Tue 25 Jan 2022, 12:31 pm

Just found this thread. I have about 15,000 rounds through my pardini SP, with only one FTF (last week, dirty, no FILTHY, gun).

Eley, SK and Lapua all are awesome. 

For $80/brick, I'd try this first:
https://www.killoughshootingsports.com/eley-ammunition/195-eley-club-22lr-40gr-box-of-rimfire-cartridges.html

Then for $105 I'd try this next:
https://www.ammofast.com/product/sk-22-lr-40-grain-solid-pistol-match-special-50/

I have never shot one single round of CCI. I hear the new CCI in the lighter blue box is poor quaility.

mikemargolis

Back to top Go down

Post by james r chapman Tue 25 Jan 2022, 12:56 pm

mikemargolis wrote:

I have never shot one single round of CCI. I hear the new CCI in the lighter blue box is poor quaility.
No issues with new CCI outta Nelson or Pardini.
james r chapman
james r chapman
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by PhotoEscape Tue 25 Jan 2022, 5:33 pm

No issues with new CCI out of SP22.  I can list all ammo brands / flavors I tested with SP22 (I have table going for all of my 22s).  However it might be easier to list those that gave me problems with Pardini.  So here it is:

Federal GM - very accurate, but too many cycling problems exhibiting itself in not loading subsequent round from magazine.  Bolt would cycle, but chamber would be empty.

Aguila Rifle Match - accuracy was so-so, too many cycling problems mainly with extraction.

Geco Rifle Bolt Action - same as Aguila Rifle Match.

AP
PhotoEscape
PhotoEscape
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by BruceV Sun 27 Feb 2022, 8:28 am

Update on the CCI SV working or not in my Pardini.  First I will tell you while going through figuring this out I did purchase Eley ammunition, so far I've only used about 200 rounds of it.

The solution that has worked for over 2,000 rounds, really simple and really fast.  As I stated earlier I was handling each bullet and rubbing the head of the bullet across a scotch brite pad, it takes the wax off and shaves maybe a 1/1000th off the head of the bullet.

100% works, but absolutely way too much brain damage occurring handling each bullet.

So the real quick and easy fix, just leave the bullets in the plastic holder, flip it over, take same scotch brite pad and rub the entire 50 all at once.  Literally takes 10 seconds, and the result has been 100%.

No need to fool around with the magazines at all.

I didn't like the idea of putting oil on the first round, didn't work anyway and the gun was a mess.  I was not opposed to altering the magazines but am happy I didn't.

So if anyone is having trouble with CCI, give this 10 second fix a try.

BruceV

Back to top Go down

Post by hg401 Sun 27 Feb 2022, 10:53 am

I recently had a discussion with a friend who shoots a Pardini.  I asked him about compatibility with CCI SV (I think he shoots SK normally).  A while back, he had a Pardini smith adjust 3 magazines for CCI SV.  My friend said "I believe he bent each magazine's feed ramp just a bit to accomplish this.".  That's all I know at this point.  FWIW.

hg401

Back to top Go down

Post by BruceV Sun 27 Feb 2022, 11:03 am

mpolans wrote:I shoot mainly shoot SK. If I was dead set on CCI SV, I'd just file a little off of the back bump that pushes rounds forward. Probably wouldn't take much.
I'm not sold on CCI, I just have a lot of it, when it is gone I will probably stick with Eley, at least until I go through all of what I just bought.

BruceV

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2