Bullseye-L Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Helpful tools....

3 posters

Go down

Helpful tools.... Empty Helpful tools....

Post by Coupebuilder 1/17/2022, 3:28 pm

If this is in the wrong forum or not allowed, please delete. 

Had the opportunity to yet again use my set of Vampliers, custom pliers during some slide work on my HS collection. Anyone who has removed the recoil spring plug knows what a joy they are to install. I bought a set of vampliers a few years ago and save them for special jobs. They are made in Japan and are similar to regular pliers except for the extra well defined grooves ground into the jaws both parallel to and perpendicular to the jaws.  Ive also used them to remove the broken off sight rail mount screws in a couple Rugers that were flush with the top of the barrel and only protruding on the radius. Im not one to promote other peoples products often but these really saved my butt on this job. Being able to grip a .215 dia x .250 or so long plug on only about .050 of the end and still have a great hold ....and in line of the axis of the pliers....was what saved me. 

Anyone else have a not so common tool or product that they like to share?

Coupebuilder

Back to top Go down

Helpful tools.... Empty Re: Helpful tools....

Post by onlylead 1/18/2022, 3:51 pm

Pictures please!

onlylead

Back to top Go down

Helpful tools.... Empty Vamplier jaws

Post by Coupebuilder 1/19/2022, 11:15 am

Helpful tools.... Vampli11

Coupebuilder

onlylead likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by SteveT 1/19/2022, 12:41 pm

I don't remember if mine are Vampliers brand, but screw pliers are one of those things you don't need very often, but when you do, they are just the thing to grab that stripped screw or after the head breaks off.
SteveT
SteveT

https://sites.google.com/site/sdturner/shooting

Back to top Go down

Post by Coupebuilder 1/19/2022, 12:55 pm

SteveT wrote:I don't remember if mine are Vampliers brand, but screw pliers are one of those things you don't need very often, but when you do, they are just the thing to grab that stripped screw or after the head breaks off.

Exactly, I usually "save" mine for when I forget that I have them and break the srew off by using vise grips....then the lightbulb goes off and I remember what I should have used in the first place!  Engineer brand I belive actuall manufactures them for Vamplier or they are rebrands. definitely nice to have around!

Coupebuilder

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down