Bullseye-L Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

bob marvel upper v/s Benelli or pardenni,

+8
jimsteele
mpolans
Jon Eulette
chiz1180
messenger
hotshot9
CR10X
mspingeld
12 posters

Go down

bob marvel upper v/s Benelli or pardenni, Empty bob marvel upper v/s Benelli or pardenni,

Post by hotshot9 1/31/2022, 10:52 pm

hi everyone. just a though, can a marvel upper on a dedicated 45 frame compete with the Italians? and if so has any of the top shooters in our sport used them and won with them? just curious, thanks!

hotshot9

https://sonoma00@verizon.net

Back to top Go down

bob marvel upper v/s Benelli or pardenni, Empty Re: bob marvel upper v/s Benelli or pardenni,

Post by mspingeld 1/31/2022, 11:05 pm

I've seen conversions from any brand shoot 1/2" but not all of them. Accuracy varies.

To me, it's a question of grip, trigger quality and balance and, of course, the loose nut behind the gun.

mspingeld
Admin

Back to top Go down

bob marvel upper v/s Benelli or pardenni, Empty Re: bob marvel upper v/s Benelli or pardenni,

Post by CR10X 1/31/2022, 11:28 pm

Yea, all the time.  
Jon Shue shoots a conversion. 
Some others do quite well too (or used to).

CR10X

Back to top Go down

Post by hotshot9 1/31/2022, 11:54 pm

WOW thanks, never realized Jon Shu shot that, do you know who built the lower? i know he was using a cabet 45.

hotshot9

https://sonoma00@verizon.net

Back to top Go down

Post by messenger 2/1/2022, 12:18 am

Jon Shue builds a lot of guns. I would imagine he built his own. A lot if shooters use the lower off of there're 45 so they are using the same trigger through out the match.

Bill
messenger
messenger

Back to top Go down

Post by chiz1180 2/1/2022, 3:35 am

John Zurek shot an 889-53x  at Remember the Brave at Cardinal last year (Shue shot an 881-50x), Jim Henderson shot an 884-42x at The Ohio State Outdoor Championship last year. They were all shooting 1911 22 conversions.
chiz1180
chiz1180

Back to top Go down

Post by Jon Eulette 2/1/2022, 4:55 am

My PB 100-8X SF was shot with 2005 era Marvel conversion.
Jon
Jon Eulette
Jon Eulette

Back to top Go down

Post by mpolans 2/1/2022, 5:13 am

Yes, conversions can easily compete with the likes of Pardini. I've got both. Personally, I've found that, when I'm on, the scores are the same. When I screw up (get a little overeager on pulling the trigger, etc), the same shot that will result in a 8 or 9 with my Pardini will often be a 6 or 7 with my Marvel conversion.

mpolans

Back to top Go down

Post by jimsteele 2/1/2022, 1:29 pm

Exactly the same story as mpolans

jimsteele

Back to top Go down

Post by hg401 2/1/2022, 3:36 pm

mpolans wrote:Yes, conversions can easily compete with the likes of Pardini. I've got both. Personally, I've found that, when I'm on, the scores are the same. When I screw up (get a little overeager on pulling the trigger, etc), the same shot that will result in a 8 or 9 with my Pardini will often be a 6 or 7 with my Marvel conversion.

A very interesting observation.  Since this shooter screws up all too often (me, if it's unclear) and finds too many 5s and 6s exiting my M41 barrel.

To what do you attribute this too?  Grip, trigger, whatever???

hg401

Back to top Go down

Post by jimsteele 2/1/2022, 10:12 pm

Me too. I never shot my Model 41 very well. I shot my High Standard better, and the conversion OK. But the Pardini seems to ignore my mistakes, and turn them into decent shots,

jimsteele

Back to top Go down

Post by -TT- 2/1/2022, 10:29 pm

jimsteele wrote:But the Pardini seems to ignore my mistakes, and turn them into decent shots,

My Benelli does that, too. Well, not all my mistakes. But it seems to react to my trigger wishes more promptly, and the shots land better.
-TT-
-TT-

Back to top Go down

Post by Allgoodhits 2/1/2022, 10:53 pm

Concur with others. Pardini appears to be more forgiving. My opinion: the Pardini trigger. It is so consistent. Twenty twos in my experience leave a gritty fowling. This is directly above the trigger bow area in a 1911 area. Does this cause the trigger to feel different as the gun is used? In the Pardini, the trigger is aft of all of that. Is this the reason, I don't know? I have shot my best with a Marvel on top of a Shue built lower. However, my average is better with the Pardini. For me it is NOT because of the grips. I have the same, Precision Target Pistol Grips (Andrew Berryhill) on both. Once again, my $.02.
Allgoodhits
Allgoodhits

Back to top Go down

Post by mpolans 2/2/2022, 3:38 am

hg401 wrote:
mpolans wrote:Yes, conversions can easily compete with the likes of Pardini. I've got both. Personally, I've found that, when I'm on, the scores are the same. When I screw up (get a little overeager on pulling the trigger, etc), the same shot that will result in a 8 or 9 with my Pardini will often be a 6 or 7 with my Marvel conversion.

A very interesting observation.  Since this shooter screws up all too often (me, if it's unclear) and finds too many 5s and 6s exiting my M41 barrel.

To what do you attribute this too?  Grip, trigger, whatever???

The Rink grip on my Pardini might improve the consistency of my grip over the Sharkskin slabs I have on on the 1911, but I think it's mostly the trigger. Granted, I'm using the conversion on my wadgun which has close to a 4lb single stage trigger, while the Pardini's is a two-stage just over 2lbs.

mpolans

Back to top Go down

Post by chiz1180 2/2/2022, 4:13 am

Whatever 22 (or CF/45 for that matter) you shoot will only shoot as well as your confidence in it. If you think what you are shooting is putting you at a disadvantage, it is; not because of what it is, but because of your perception that it does. You can spend tons of time jumping from gun to gun trying to 'buy' a higher score and at the same time, you waste time that you could have used to learn what you need to do to improve.
chiz1180
chiz1180

Jon Eulette, dieselguy624, sig 99, Allgoodhits and DA/SA like this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Tangeant 2/16/2022, 7:20 pm

I have all 3.

Marvel just as accurate . The trigger is the big difference for me.
Tangeant
Tangeant

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down