Bullseye-L Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

High Standard Victor - Magazine Adjustment

4 posters

Go down

High Standard Victor - Magazine Adjustment Empty High Standard Victor - Magazine Adjustment

Post by hg401 Wed Feb 09, 2022 12:47 pm

I have 2 original and 3 Interarms magazines for my Hamden High Standard Victor.  1 original feeds fine and the other has an occasional FTF hiccup. The 2 Interarms magazines all seem to still need adjustment. 

Using a magazine tool, I've adjusted all to .185" on the feed (rear) lips and .230" on the kicker (forward) lips.  But the issues persist - most often on the first round in the magazine.  Inevitably, the nose hits the top of the chamber (as shown in the photo). From what I read, I should be adjusting the kicker (forward) lips closer.

Before I start stressing the metal by random adjustments, I wanted some confirmation that this is what's needed.  I do want to get this Victor working reliably; I shoot about 10 points higher in a 300 than with my M41.
Attachments
High Standard Victor - Magazine Adjustment Attachment
FTF sm.jpg You don't have permission to download attachments.(158 Kb) Downloaded 9 times

hg401

Back to top Go down

High Standard Victor - Magazine Adjustment Empty Re: High Standard Victor - Magazine Adjustment

Post by Jack H Wed Feb 09, 2022 1:46 pm

Try this.  Bring the front lips in to gently rub the side of the round to retard the rise
Jack H
Jack H

Back to top Go down

High Standard Victor - Magazine Adjustment Empty Re: High Standard Victor - Magazine Adjustment

Post by NukeMMC Wed Feb 09, 2022 2:24 pm

The .185 and .230 numbers are starting points, not the panacea.  If you are feeding high, adjust the front of the rear lips narrower a few thousandths.  The kicker lips should be good at .230 as long as they are allowing smooth feed past them and they are equidistant from the rear lip width.
NukeMMC
NukeMMC

Back to top Go down

Post by Jack H Wed Feb 09, 2022 2:52 pm

The rear lips go down more than narrower when adjusted like most say.  Down is the last thing you want the rim to do as it slides forward.  (i.e. the rim moves down on the slide face)
Jack H
Jack H

Back to top Go down

Post by Coupebuilder Fri Feb 11, 2022 8:01 am

Also make sure the the front of the rear lips is .800 behind the breech face, that is a problem on several aftermarket mags I have found. I made a simple tool out of a piece of .080 aluminum and scribed a tang on it .800 wide to hold against the breech when mag is in.  No one will convince me that the original mags arent the best.  I have several new Interarms that work ok and 2 that I cant get to work consistently at all.

Coupebuilder

Back to top Go down

Post by hg401 Mon Feb 14, 2022 12:21 pm

It's taken a bit of fiddling, but I think I now have all 5 magazines working reliably.  What (I think) makes it more tricky is that the rear lips contact the cartridge in two places.  At the rear of those rear lips, it contacts the rim (as Jack H said) and moving them in or down will move the cartridge down at the rim, moving the bullet up.  Moving the front of those rear lips in will keep the bullet down.

High Standard Victor - Magazine Adjustment Magazi13

hg401

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down