Bullseye-L Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Help scoring?

+12
CrankyThunder
Skid
chopper
CLM
jwax
GySgt7291
Jwhelan939
spursnguns
james r chapman
mspingeld
DA/SA
Psween
16 posters

Go down

Help scoring? Empty Help scoring?

Post by Psween Wed Feb 16, 2022 4:34 pm

This is my 50' slow fire target from last night. I don't have an overlay or plugs, but to me it looks like it should be a 92 or 93 (depending on how you see the shot out at the 1:30ish spot). The scorer scored it as an 88 and I'm not sure how he got that. I'm pretty new, and don't really care one way or another, but want to learn what I'm missing. I'm also confident there's 10 shots as well.

PatrickHelp scoring? 20220210

Psween

GySgt7291 likes this post

Back to top Go down

Help scoring? Empty Re: Help scoring?

Post by DA/SA Wed Feb 16, 2022 4:38 pm

I'd bet on a 93. But no less than a 92 for sure if all ten are there.
DA/SA
DA/SA

Back to top Go down

Post by mspingeld Wed Feb 16, 2022 4:42 pm

The rules say that, if there's a group like yours, the benefit of the doubt goes to the shooter and it's assumed the 10th shot is in the middle of the group. A 2nd target placed underneath to recreate the ten ring plus an overlay will clarify the shots that could be nines or tens. I read 92 or 93 as well.

mspingeld
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by james r chapman Wed Feb 16, 2022 4:49 pm

They scored using an exclusive rule where the bullet must be entirely inside the ring.
Thus the to eights are sevens, and the seven is a six! And the 9 is an 8.

Solid 93/92
james r chapman
james r chapman
Admin

desben likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by spursnguns Wed Feb 16, 2022 5:19 pm

Hello Psween,

Yes, it can be a little frustrating sometimes.  Ten shots....without using a plug (to prove otherwise), a 93.

Jim
spursnguns
spursnguns

ric1911a1 likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Psween Wed Feb 16, 2022 5:21 pm

Could be scored worst edge, but I don't think they usually do that in this league, never have with .22 anyway. I was more confused about the 'missing' shot, if it was scored a miss, then I'd be at 82-83, with it in the main group it's 92-93, but nowhere could I come up with 88. Thanks for your help, even if it was 88, it'd still be a personal best with .45.

Psween

Hawkja likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by spursnguns Wed Feb 16, 2022 5:52 pm

Psween wrote: Thanks for your help, even if it was 88, it'd still be a personal best with .45.

Hello Psween.

Then congratulations.

Jim
spursnguns
spursnguns

Jwhelan939 and DA/SA like this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Jwhelan939 Wed Feb 16, 2022 6:52 pm

Jwhelan939

Back to top Go down

Post by Psween Wed Feb 16, 2022 8:15 pm

They have a rotating group of volunteers scoring and recording, I wasn'r really paying attention as I just wanted to grab this target, as it looked like a PB. I know they record each shot on the score sheet but I only saw the total, so maybe just a math error adding them up.

Psween

Back to top Go down

Post by GySgt7291 Thu Feb 17, 2022 7:16 am

Good shooting.  I count 93.  Looks like you need clarification from whoever is in charge of scoring but no way should a miss be scored.

CMP Rules 3.10.9 c) Non-Visible Hits in Close Groups. If a grouping of 3 or more shots is so close that a shot or shots could have passed through the enlarged hole and there is no evidence that the shot(s) went elsewhere (crossfire or off- target miss) the competitor will be given the benefit of doubt and scored hits for the non-visible shots.

GySgt7291

Back to top Go down

Post by jwax Thu Feb 17, 2022 3:09 pm

Clean holes- wadcutters? Target maker?
jwax
jwax

Back to top Go down

Post by CLM Thu Feb 17, 2022 3:26 pm

Hey Pat,  As you stated we have different people scoring at different times.I get that alot with my other than cookie cutter holes ! Always score yourself also and dont be afraid to challenge.Looks like a 93 to me,that 10th round is right in the middle of cluster ! Nice target,see you next week !

Chris

CLM

Back to top Go down

Post by Psween Thu Feb 17, 2022 3:33 pm

Thanks Chris, wish my timed and rapids looked better, they were a mess this week. Jwax, these are Brazos 180 SWC with 3.8 Bullseye. Targets are American Target Co. This combo really does make a beautiful hole. Should be easy to score.

Psween

Back to top Go down

Post by chopper Thu Feb 17, 2022 7:26 pm

I'll say a 93 also, our club shoots 2 handed if you want to and no NRA rules. It sucks big time because there's only about 5 of us true Bullseye shooters and we get scored by anybody also. They'll use a plug instead of an overlay if you have a double, which will erase any proof of a double. 
 I use the same load with a Summers 180 and get the same sharp edges.  That's a nice target by the way, I shot bad slows and rapids yesterday. 
 I don't care about their scoring anymore, I know what I shot. I just us league for practice because other shooters are making noise and we have the cadence and all. Like Chris said score your own then keep track of it before you let them score it.
 Stan

chopper

Back to top Go down

Post by Skid Thu Feb 17, 2022 7:51 pm

Skid

Back to top Go down

Post by CrankyThunder Thu Feb 17, 2022 8:36 pm

Hey Psween:

That looks like a 93 to me too.  

How competitive is this league you shoot at?

I regularly shoot four leagues a week in the winter and one is very competitive, arguments, challenges, grunges, paybacks, but hey, you score it a certain score, should withstand challenges and rescoring with appeals to the captain.  I have fun at this league.  

A different league, we get gramma's in wheelchairs and oxygen tanks, farmers barefoot in overalls when its snowin, and a couple of guys that lets just say, thank god they are not tryin to make a living being a tax accountant!  

In this league, I scored my personal best slow fire of 106! 

(Gawd I love those wanna be accountants!)

No sense challenging, They love me cause I am top dawg and always bring BBQ chicken to pass around.  after the match we have a potluck and maybe head to the bar. Now if you think I have fun at the really competitive league, lemmie tell ya...........

Depends on your objective.  You going to be the next Brian Zins?  You going to make a living outa shooting bullseye?  Wish you good luck!

You wanna get out, shoot some bullseye with good people, have fun!  Challenge yourself?  tease and ridicule your fellow competitors until they get the terminal giggles?
Now your talking!

Hey, Keep your own personal score, strut your feathers cautiously when you win, congratulate your competitors when they shoot well, and enjoy the trip to the saloon afterwards when everybody is done shooting.  

Regards, 
Crankster
CrankyThunder
CrankyThunder

http://www.ccrcpistolteam.weebly.com

chopper likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by chopper Thu Feb 17, 2022 9:09 pm

It be a gas to shoot in your fun league Cranky, sounds like a good time. I'd love to shoot a "106", and no he wouldn't do my taxes either. Great post.
 Stan

chopper

Back to top Go down

Post by Psween Thu Feb 17, 2022 11:09 pm

This is my first organized shooting since I used to shoot air pistol 20 years ago. I don't have any particular goals besides seeing how I do against a known standard and myself. I've got 5 kids and several jobs, so I can barely make it to this one league once a week. I'm only in it to have fun, and only posted the question because I'm new and haven't scored much, so wondered if I was missing some rule. Thanks for all the advive and comments!

Psween

Back to top Go down

Post by GySgt7291 Fri Feb 18, 2022 7:25 am

Psween wrote:This is my first organized shooting since I used to shoot air pistol 20 years ago. I don't have any particular goals besides seeing how I do against a known standard and myself. I've got 5 kids and several jobs, so I can barely make it to this one league once a week. I'm only in it to have fun, and only posted the question because I'm new and haven't scored much, so wondered if I was missing some rule. Thanks for all the advive and comments!
Since you are new to that shooting group hard to tell why they would score the way they did and let it stand.  We make sure new shooters/scorers are aware of the CMP rule about closely grouped shots I posted earlier.  
As well as your shots are grouped you will encounter it again.

GySgt7291

Back to top Go down

Post by mspingeld Fri Feb 18, 2022 7:35 am

I second what CLM said above. Learn to quickly score your own target so you can question your scorer (politely) before the score sheet is handed in. I look at that target and think "2, 4, 6, 7...93!" (still not sure if the 10 at 11 o'clock is a 10 or a nine but not important)

Great shooting! For timed/rapid, try practicing 5 shot strings without a timer. No time limit but keep the trigger moving, no rush but don't dawdle. Shoot, recover, immediately start to squeeze. I find, with this method, I shoot all 9's & 10's and I estimate it usually only takes 12 or 13 seconds. Of course it will take a while to be able to do that in a match and to get the rapid to 10 seconds but you'll get there.

mspingeld
Admin

chopper likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by orpheoet Fri Feb 18, 2022 8:32 am

I'd score it a 93.
orpheoet
orpheoet

Back to top Go down

Post by chiz1180 Fri Feb 18, 2022 9:25 am

I agree with above that the score should probably be 92/93, however it is best to not get hung up on score too much. Sometimes people will score you lower than they should (for various reasons), sometimes higher.
chiz1180
chiz1180

Back to top Go down

Post by RodJ Sun Feb 20, 2022 10:27 pm

RodJ

Al likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by wealth212 Mon Feb 21, 2022 1:50 am

I'l score you solid 92

wealth212