Bullseye-L Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

CZ 75 vs. SIG P210

+6
PhotoEscape
desben
RoyDean
zanemoseley
Dcforman
TonyH
10 posters

Go down

CZ 75 vs. SIG P210 Empty CZ 75 vs. SIG P210

Post by TonyH 2/19/2022, 4:31 pm

This post is not BE related, but just from the fun, shoot-ability, informal fun matches etc angle. I love all steel, single action semi-autos and am looking to pick up a new 9mm. Boiled it down to a CZ Shadow 2 SAO, CZ TS 2 or a SIG P210 Target, all in about the same price range, and am leaning towards the CZ’s….
Pros and cons from you guys? It’s a loaded question, I know….
TonyH
TonyH

Back to top Go down

CZ 75 vs. SIG P210 Empty Re: CZ 75 vs. SIG P210

Post by Dcforman 2/19/2022, 5:02 pm

I thought it would be fun to build a CZ. It was. I started with a base SP01, installed a bunch of parts from Cajun Gunworks, and just had them mill the slide for a Holosun 407K. It is now a SAO, with pretty consistent 4# with a little roll. I like the weight, and it's about a 3" gun at 50 yards. The fun part is changing springs allows to to still shoot pretty reasonable groups with really light loads. I was loading 105 SWC lead from Maplewood Bullets with 2.3 WST. Kinda fun. 

Anyway, CZ has a lot of aftermarket parts, which make it easy, mostly because of its popularity in practical shooting.

CZ 75 vs. SIG P210 20220213

Dave

Dcforman

Back to top Go down

Post by zanemoseley 2/19/2022, 7:54 pm

I've got both a CZ Custom Accushadow and a P210A standard (don't like big grips and didn't care about the adjustable sights since I was using a dot). Also had a standard Shadow 2 and Accushadow 2 for a minute but liked the original Accushadow better so sold both the others. The checkering isn't as nice but had a nice trigger and was thinking I liked the slide serrations better on the old one. The new aluminum grips on the 2 series look good but are quite slippery.

The 75 platform has superior ergos, I love the high undercut grip. The Accushadow has a great SA and DA pull, not sure why you want SAO, I like a DA for the first shot on a defensive gun and possible some run and gun comps require and DA first shot here and there. These guns really excel for those type matches.

The P210A is also amazing. No DA but the SA is really nice. Don't like the grips and ergos as much. Being single stack it's more at home on a bullseye range. Jon is going to work on a rib to add some weight and allow me to mount a 9000SC hopefully, currently have a reflex mounted on a dovetail adapter. Should make a pretty good 9mm wad gun.

So to me kind of depends on what you wanna do with it. If you want a double stack with great ergos its hard to beat the 75 series. The P210 is a great out of the box single stack SAO. In a perfect world buy both. If I HAD to keep just one I would keep the 75.

zanemoseley

Back to top Go down

Post by RoyDean 2/19/2022, 10:01 pm

Never touched a CZ, but many folks seem to like them.

SIG P210 Target - USA made. What a lovely gun! Svelte! Needs some small adjustments to make it CMP Service legal - lots of threads on this forum. Slow twist barrel needs handloads with 147gr JHP bullets - then it shoots beautifully and is extremely accurate. I sold mine to Photoescape - why? Oh, why?

RoyDean

Back to top Go down

Post by desben 2/20/2022, 5:56 am

I like my CZ. Feels good in the hand. Rock solid, nothing has gone wrong in thousands of rounds. Never malfunctioned. A ton of available parts and options from CZC, Cajun and Eemann Tech.

On the internet, when someone asks A or B, the appropriate answer is C Laughing  I'll say that I was also impressed by my friend's Tanfoglio Stock II. Obvious CZ clone. In the USA, I believe they are distributed and branded as EAA. It felt better put together than my CZ, and the trigger was nicer. But I'm not sure to what extent parts can be exchanged between CZ and Tanfoglio.
desben
desben

Back to top Go down

Post by PhotoEscape 2/20/2022, 9:20 am

RoyDean wrote:Never touched a CZ, but many folks seem to like them.

SIG P210 Target - USA made. What a lovely gun! Svelte! Needs some small adjustments to make it CMP Service legal - lots of threads on this forum. Slow twist barrel needs handloads with 147gr JHP bullets - then it shoots beautifully and is extremely accurate. I sold mine to Photoescape - why? Oh, why?
Because I love #13!  Your's Roy, was thirteenth P210 in my collection.  However, you know, you just need to ask............. Smile

AP
PhotoEscape
PhotoEscape
Admin

RoyDean likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by tovaert 2/20/2022, 10:17 am

I have a CZ SP-01 tactical (de-cocker) model, on-forever loan to my 85 y.o. Dad for his Summer plate shoots. I just got it back from CZ Custom. They milled the slide and installed their RDS plate system for the red dot. I also installed the Cajun pro-package kit. In SA, the trigger is cocked pretty far back so you have to get used to that. I lightened the recoil spring, and load up Brazos 147 gr CRNs at about 850 fps MV. Plenty accurate for the plates, soft shooting, and magazines hold 18 rounds. I think with a custom bushing it could be made a bit more accurate. I also owned a P210A. The SA trigger is nice and it can be altered somewhat. The slide is fairly light, you can mount a dot with available adapter kits, and it will also cycle down-loaded 147 gr bullets. Probably not as good for action shooting since the magazine only holds 8 rounds.

tovaert

Back to top Go down

Post by PhotoEscape 2/20/2022, 10:22 am

My vote goes to CZ Tactical Sport.  I'll try illustrating my opinion with the following picture.CZ 75 vs. SIG P210 Czs11

Top left is older version of CZ TS.  Middle on the right is CZ 75B converted to SAO at CZ Custom Shop.  Right top is Custom CZ 75 CTS long slide, - pretty much same as Shadow but with longer barrel.  Bottom right is stock CZ 75 SP01 DA/SA.  I want to draw your attention to triggers shape.  DA CZ trigger has very pronounced roundness.  I've heard from many shooters that such trigger pinches nerves in trigger finger.  I can attest to the same. 

TS versus Shadow, - TS has longer barrel, and that is, IMHO, is deciding factor.  Longer sight radius translates into accuracy.  Otherwise, both guns are very comparable.

There is one more gun on the picture.  On the bottom left is CZ clown Tanfoglio Gold Match Extreme.  It is tuned version of TS with 6" barrel.

Now, P210s.  USA Made guns are as accurate as older German and Swiss made.  Target version is excellent.  The only disadvantage from every day use stand point is mag capacity.  (For very this reason I was disappointed to learn that SIG introduced P210 Carry on the recent SHOT Show.  I'd think, that long slide would make more sense). 

That's my two cents.

AP
PhotoEscape
PhotoEscape
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by sbtzc 2/20/2022, 7:26 pm

Perhaps I just got a bad one, but the CZ 75 SA I had wouldn't hold the black at 25 yards. I sent Cajun as much money in upgrades as I spent on the gun. Sold it to a run and gun guy who loves it. I did like how it felt in my hand.

My Sig 210 is a different animal. I'm not thrilled with how it feels in the hand or the long two stage trigger but the thing shoots. tovaert sent me the springs together it up to 4lbs. and the trigger is better. Definitely doesn't feel like 4 lbs. Really well built gun. Now if I can just learn to shoot irons.

Buy the P210.

My 2¢
sbtzc
sbtzc

RoyDean likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by RoyDean 2/20/2022, 7:45 pm

Tony, another key issue - grip size. With my medium hands, but shortish fingers I very much prefer single stack dimensions. If fact with the P210 I bought some after-market wood slabs and sanded those down to get an even stronger grasp on the gun - loved it.

Before I got into Bullseye I owned a Tanfoglio EAA Witness Elite Limited (CZ Clone I believe), even with these very slim Lava grips it was still quit a handful.CZ 75 vs. SIG P210 Witnes10

RoyDean

Back to top Go down

Post by TonyH 2/20/2022, 8:48 pm

Roy, yes…the two CZ’s I mentioned in my post actually fit my hands very well, which was one of my initial likes for the guns. The TS 2 is looking pretty good, may have pull the trigger on that (no pun intended!J. Heavy gun, so should stay on target well.
TonyH
TonyH

Back to top Go down

Post by TicTocer 2/20/2022, 9:38 pm

It is hard to make the call between a CZ or Tanfo and a P210. The P210 should be a better BE gun. But not in my hands. Think trigger, sights, and grips play a large part in accuracy.
My CF BE guns, kind of,Witness has a 22LR slide and too lazy to reinstall 9mm slide stop spring to convert back.
Clockwise from top left Tanfo Limited Pro SA, CZ Shadow 1 SA with CGW x10 Barrel Bushing, P210A Target, Tanfo Witness Xtreme SA trigger and Nill grips, Tanfo Match Elite with Nill grips.
Have slab hands, XXL size , every DA/SAtrigger has been painful after a while so only shoot guns with SA triggers. And like the shape of Nill grips.
Shoot the CZ the best. Think it is the front sight. But my two Hammerli X-Esse outshoot all these centerfire guns in my hands. The Model 41 is a close second to the X-Esse

TicTocer

Back to top Go down

Post by TicTocer 2/20/2022, 9:46 pm

CZ 75 vs. SIG P210 3ce97010CZ 75 vs. SIG P210 3ce97010

TicTocer

Back to top Go down

Post by TonyH 2/20/2022, 9:58 pm

My op started with this had nothing to do with BE….I’m set on BE guns with the 1911 platform reigning supreme. This will be just a gun to shoot informal matches at our local club, steel plates, bowling pins and such….thanks all for the input. Much appreciated.
TonyH
TonyH

Back to top Go down

Post by -TT- 2/20/2022, 9:59 pm

tovaert wrote:... CZ SP-01 tactical (de-cocker) model... I think with a custom bushing it could be made a bit more accurate.

The CGW "10X bushing" really tightens these up, but be forewarned you'll probably need a gunsmith. They're super-tight and mine (CZ75B SA) required fitting the barrel to allow the slide to make it into battery. Darn thing was just too tight. Smile Very happy with it ever since.

Tony - a vote for any CZ from me. The TS is something of a race gun though, it has like a 20-something capacity and isn't compatible with many of the commonly available upgrades. CZ75 or SP01 much more tweakable. As a bonus you can get a Kadet adapter, add an optics plate, and shoot a highly accurate rimfire match with them too.
-TT-
-TT-

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down