Bullseye-L Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

New Shooter - to bullseye

4 posters

Go down

New Shooter - to bullseye Empty New Shooter - to bullseye

Post by WSR32 3/15/2022, 9:36 am

Good morning,

Over the last year I have started shooting the weekly matches at the local club, The Hollywood Rifle and Pistol Club.  I have found it to be both enjoyable and engaging.  I am not new to shooting, my dad first put a rifle in my hands when I was 6 or 7 years old and was shooting a Ruger Mk2 shortly there after.  Largely his intent was for us, me and my siblings, to know about and respect the power of a firearm.  Our shooting was informal plinking fun.  Over the years I would continue shooting off and on but never with intent to accomplish anything more than having fun.

Participating in the weekly matches has given purpose to the practice.  With purpose my mindset has changed and I am interested in perusing some higher level NRA classification.  

Most of what I have shot in the fun pistol matches has been two handed so my scores up to this point have been irrelevant in regards to classification. Just to set a baseline my last practice session I shot a national match close course of fire card and scored an 87.3%.  Switching to one handed certainly was a reality check, at the last fun pistol match I shot the same course of fire with a score of 296-12.

Just the same I am excited to start my journey to Master and maybe beyond.  We'll see what can be achieved while raising a family and maintaining a profession  Shocked Laughing  

This forum over the last few weeks has been a great source of information and encouragement, thank you all for congregating here and documenting the ins and outs of the sport!

Regards,

Miguel

WSR32

Back to top Go down

New Shooter - to bullseye Empty Re: New Shooter - to bullseye

Post by lyoke 3/15/2022, 9:47 am

Miguel,

I am in Naples. I am getting into Bullseye as well. I host smallbore and air rifle matches for the Juniors in Hollywood. If enough people are interested I am sure we could get some kind of formal match there going. I know they did it a long time ago. 

Feel free to reach out.

Lake Yoke

lyoke

WSR32 likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by jwax 3/15/2022, 10:37 am

Welcome to the sport and the forum Miguel!

You'll find it engaging, fun, challenging and at times, frustrating.

Read up on how the greats accomplished what they did, establish a "shot process", dry fire, and get to know your trigger.

John
jwax
jwax

Back to top Go down

Post by mspingeld 3/15/2022, 10:39 am

296-12?! 30 rounds? That's a high master score.

mspingeld
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by WSR32 3/15/2022, 10:40 am

mspingeld wrote:296-12?! 30 rounds? That's a high master score.

Yeah but two handed at 25 yard line Wink

WSR32

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down