Bullseye-L Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Springfield Gen-2 trigger help

Go down

Springfield Gen-2 trigger help Empty Springfield Gen-2 trigger help

Post by Froneck 3/19/2022, 9:49 am

As everyone knows I make trigger shoes. I had a request to make a shoe for a Springfield with Gen-2 trigger. Not having the trigger I found one on ebay. Got the trigger and determined where I can put screw or screws in shoe to hold it on in AutoCAD. Trigger I got has 5 triangular holes so I decided to put one 2-64 button head screw thru the middle hole threaded into the opposite side of the shoe to allow the screw to pinch the trigger so as to hold it on! After a lot of work carefully threading the hole that does not go thru the other side I completed 4 shoes since I cut a ring into 4 shoes. I then found when checking the amount the trigger protrudes out of the frame I have the wrong trigger! The trigger in the Springfield has 4 holes and the one I have has 5! Looking online I seen a few photos all have the same trigger I need to find and only one has the trigger I have  Springfield Armory Master Class Silent Operator.
 Does anyone know where I can buy the type with 4 triangular shaped holes? Browells has the typical 3 round holed trigger as used on the Range Officer. The Gen-2 trigger they show is a pivoting type trigger.

Froneck

Back to top Go down

Springfield Gen-2 trigger help Empty Re: Springfield Gen-2 trigger help

Post by Froneck 3/24/2022, 2:01 pm

Up-Date; Called Springfield Armory, they have the trigger and I purchased it. It's on the way! If anyone needs a shoe for the Gen-2 Springfield trigger (type with 4 triangular holes) I can make it! At this time I'm making one from SS using the customers trigger. Can make a shoe for the 5 triangular hole trigger used on the Silent Service too.
 Very small button head cap screw will go thru the hole in the trigger and into a blind hole on the other side.
 Request a photo if anyone wants to see it.

Froneck

Arthur likes this post

Back to top Go down