Bullseye-L Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

.32 ACP loads

2 posters

Go down

.32 ACP loads Empty .32 ACP loads

Post by GME Tue Apr 05, 2022 2:05 am

I've been thinking about getting the Pardini conversion kit in .32 ACP, but I don't have any experience with the caliber.  There are a few bullet weights to choose from.  Hornady has 85 and 100 grain XTPs (JHP).  There are also a few cast lead in round nose, flat nose and wadcutter.  I'm guessing that a wadcutter wouldn't feed in a Pardini, but I don't know.  Then, there is the question of the best powders and weights.

Has anyone worked up a good combination for Bullseye and are willing to share?

GME

Back to top Go down

.32 ACP loads Empty Re: .32 ACP loads

Post by RoyDean Tue Apr 05, 2022 12:26 pm

Gary, there are many, many threads on this subject - please do a search. IMHO the absolute top expert on this subject is a man very local to you and regularly attends nearby Bullseye events - Mr. Dave Wilson aka fc60.

DO NOT use XTP100's

XTP85 over 1.6 of N310 is the most popular recipe.

I prefer XTP60, but they are very difficult to find right now.

Travis (T&B Bullets) in nearby Oregon makes very nice 64 grain LSWC bullets that are a cheaper and popular alternative, but you should talk to Dave about those and any other lead bullet options. There are many recipes, but I found that 1.4 N310 worked OK for the short line.

Dies and PTU's are critical - talk to Dave.

RoyDean

orpheoet likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by GME Wed Apr 06, 2022 12:20 am

Thank you, Roy.  I'm interested in the 64 grain SWCs.  If they shoot well on both the short and long lines, they are far more cost effective than the XTPs.  Even it they only work on the short line, I can still use the XTPs on the long line.

Yes, Dave is not too far away from me.  About 35 miles and 50 minutes.  

Coincidentally, On March 5, Dave & I both shot at an 1800 match at the Paul Bunion gun club in Puyallup, WA.  It was a full line.  I've never met Dave, and didn't recognize him in the crowd.  The are more opportunities coming up.  Hopefully, he and I can find the time to chat.

GME

chopper likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down