Bullseye-L Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Bullseye Pistol Match, Asheville, NC - VIDEO

5 posters

Go down

Bullseye Pistol Match, Asheville, NC - VIDEO Empty Bullseye Pistol Match, Asheville, NC - VIDEO

Post by mikemyers 4/9/2022, 4:34 pm

Dave Salyer sent me this video.  I asked if I could post it here.
It's already posted in other places, but not this forum.

Enjoy!

Last edited by mikemyers on 4/11/2022, 8:30 am; edited 1 time in total
mikemyers
mikemyers

KevinGD likes this post

Back to top Go down

Bullseye Pistol Match, Asheville, NC - VIDEO Empty Re: Bullseye Pistol Match, Asheville, NC - VIDEO

Post by CR10X 4/10/2022, 4:47 pm

I skimmed through it and might have missed it.   But I didn't see the most interesting thing about the Asheville range.  

The turning targets are operated manually with a lever / pulley system.  Sometimes, the same person is calling the line, operating the targets and keeping the timer.  That's coordination!

Great people running the matches there.   I try to make it there at least once a year (if not more);  usually Labor Day weekend and make a mini vacation of it with Susan.  Lots of great places to eat (and drink) in Asheville.   

CR

CR10X

Back to top Go down

Bullseye Pistol Match, Asheville, NC - VIDEO Empty Re: Bullseye Pistol Match, Asheville, NC - VIDEO

Post by sharkdoctor 4/10/2022, 5:09 pm

Thanks for the kind words, CR.

We like to think of our target turning system as  biomechanical with a neurotemporal interface Smile.

As others, we're trying to rebuild attendance after the pandemic.  Please come join us, and see Asheville.

Our 2700 matches are the first Sat. of the month, starting at 900a, through Oct.

Oh, and we are also known as Beer City!

sharkdoctor

Travlr99 likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Soupy44 5/7/2022, 3:19 pm

Took me a few weeks of digging to find these. You can see the lever in the bottom picture on the left. My Grandfather is 92 in that picture running a match at Asheville in 2007. He's a spry 88 in the top picture. 

I shot mostly smallbore at Asheville. The bullseye folks made for a loud Saturday during labor day weekend!

Bullseye Pistol Match, Asheville, NC - VIDEO 2003_r10
Bullseye Pistol Match, Asheville, NC - VIDEO 2007_w10

Soupy44

Back to top Go down

Post by CR10X 5/8/2022, 6:18 am

And he's sporting the customary white shirt and tie!!  And notice the exquisite penmanship of the match results on the board.  You should have seen the results that were mailed out. With photocopied pictures of great targets and people just having fun shooting bullseye. They did wear white shirt and tie at the memorial match last year in honor of him.

Looks like it could be Dave Salyer in the bottom picture (2nd from left) shooting. 
I attended a few matches there in 2007 as well, but not that one.  
For the top picture I see Dave Salyer, Grayson Palmer and Lara on the scoreboard.  Along with Larry Hinson, Nathan Wade, Tad Kepley (Lexington PD) and Mike Keys (running the matches now).  

CR

Last edited by CR10X on 5/8/2022, 10:19 am; edited 1 time in total

CR10X

Back to top Go down

Post by mikemyers 5/8/2022, 7:33 am

CR10X wrote:........Looks like it could be Dave Salyer in the bottom picture (2nd from left) shooting.  
For the top picture I see Dave Salyer, Grayson Palmer and Lara on the scoreboard.  Along with Larry Hinson, Nathan Wade, Tad Kepley (Lexington PD) and Mike Keys (running the matches now).  

CR
Thanks for pointing that out!  I just emailed Dave full-size copies of both photos.
mikemyers
mikemyers

Back to top Go down

Post by mikemyers 6/24/2022, 8:10 pm

I did a search, and couldn't find this video already posted here.

I plan to send the link to several friends and family, showing what goes on at a Bullseye Match:

mikemyers
mikemyers

Back to top Go down

Post by mikemyers 6/24/2022, 8:31 pm

Oops, sorry, I already posted a link to this a year ago.
mikemyers
mikemyers

Back to top Go down

Post by SingleActionAndrew 6/26/2022, 4:20 pm

I enjoyed it Mike. Thanks for posting
SingleActionAndrew
SingleActionAndrew

Back to top Go down

Post by mikemyers 6/26/2022, 5:19 pm

You're welcome; if I find new videos, I'll add them here.
mikemyers
mikemyers

Back to top Go down

Post by mikemyers 7/8/2022, 4:51 pm

Canton, 7/8/22
Video by  Dave Salyer:
Relay One

Canton, Dave Salyer Video

Full link:
http://www.sgrid.com/2022/Canton-2022.mov
mikemyers
mikemyers

Back to top Go down

Post by mikemyers 7/9/2022, 4:30 pm

A photo from Dave Salyer - Keith Sanderson and Philip Hemphill at Canton:

Bullseye Pistol Match, Asheville, NC - VIDEO Keith_10
mikemyers
mikemyers

Back to top Go down

Post by mikemyers 7/9/2022, 4:32 pm

Is there any way I can re-title this thread?
mikemyers
mikemyers

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down