Bullseye-L Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Updates on P320 Accurizing/Accuracy?

4 posters

Go down

Updates on P320 Accurizing/Accuracy? Empty Updates on P320 Accurizing/Accuracy?

Post by GrumpyOldMan Sun Apr 10, 2022 11:52 pm

We have now had a few seasons of people tinkering with the SIG P320 platform and shooting it in EIC and other matches.

How's it doing?

Where can I find accurizing info? NO, I won't trade that genuine M1 Garand accuirzing manual from Camp Perry to get the info.

My search of "P320" brought some results but not much detail and nothing very recent.

Thanks.

GrumpyOldMan

Back to top Go down

Updates on P320 Accurizing/Accuracy? Empty Re: Updates on P320 Accurizing/Accuracy?

Post by SmokinNJokin Mon Apr 11, 2022 12:33 am

I asked at the AMU trailer, they were a little cagey about it, said KKM barrel, grey guns trigger. Other changes are either still in development, or secret.

SmokinNJokin

Back to top Go down

Updates on P320 Accurizing/Accuracy? Empty Re: Updates on P320 Accurizing/Accuracy?

Post by Allgoodhits Mon Apr 11, 2022 3:25 pm

I've had two 320 X5's. One was a <3" 50yd gun, the other was closer to a 5" 50 yd gun. I kept the tighter of the two and had a Gray Guns trigger installed.

Bruce Gray at GrayGuns may be worth reaching out too. Also, Patrick Franks had one that shot very well. It may be worth reaching out to him too.
Allgoodhits
Allgoodhits

Back to top Go down

Post by Asa Yam Tue Apr 12, 2022 8:31 pm

Wrote this just over two years ago.  https://www.bullseyeforum.net/t13547-adding-weight-to-a-p320-trigger  

SUMMARY:
Added parts from a GrayGuns trigger kit, and got the trigger to break at just over 4 lbs.  NOTE the initial "creep" felt in the trigger is REQUIRED, this takeup is the cocking of the trigger mechanism.  As of this message, trigger still breaks at over 4 lbs., scores have not really improved.  25 years of off and on pistol shooting, and still have a HARD time breaking 180 in LEG matches.  Sigh....

Asa Yam

Back to top Go down

Post by SmokinNJokin Tue Apr 12, 2022 8:51 pm

I tried 1911, beretta, m17, xdm, finally settled on 1911. Cant beat the slim frame for a good grip, all things being equal.

SmokinNJokin

Back to top Go down

Post by GrumpyOldMan Fri Apr 15, 2022 3:43 am

Thanks, all.

Triggers don't affect my groups until somewhere north of 7 lbs for the one-handed shooting. Plus I have always done my own. Dad gave me a nice collection of stones. But yeah, a nice trigger pull is a thing to get whenever possible. Think H&K VP70(Z?).

Thought I posted this a few days ago but my browsers have been breaking websites lately. Had some success peening various engagement surfaces on a P226 a few years ago. Might just buy one, study it, and start tinkering.

GrumpyOldMan

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down