Bullseye-L Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

One more left the range too soon.

+2
Jon Eulette
Multiracer
6 posters

Go down

One more left the range too soon. Empty One more left the range too soon.

Post by Multiracer 4/26/2022, 8:21 pm

=AZXksZnikNa4lpkhOfmwpdP-woB93_LvzgwnQDrxd833NiHrmn50RblMBSJ1wbuLhC9AOVhE6Q8uJeiFbqGtW3JuUZ-AZK5NI6ZrFnmJNJBBrke0hbgabI6Bm8RgmMlegZADQ2dTdN0LKkI6esD83YDZpz6N-4Znbd_NaDlevMsHUMWHZugdZAvNdAz2RVvDJqomqPaJSdnhzfLS8UFFmNFP&__tn__=%2CO%2CP-y-y-R]3h  · 

** Updated with the arrangements**

Sadly, we have more tragic news to share. Keystone Raceway hall of fame member Tom Hemphill passed away suddenly yesterday. Tom was well known in his Barracuda, and as a talented builder with his Hemphill Racing Engines business. As much as Tom loved racing, he loved his wife, kids, and grandkids the most. Please keep Tom’s family in your thoughts and prayers.

Thomas Dean “Tom” Hemphill, 66, of Clarksburg, passed away unexpectedly on Monday, April 25, 2022.

Born April 4, 1956 in Latrobe he was the son of the late Fred Hemphill and Aletha “Lee” (Sheesley) Franz of Clarksburg. Tom was a 1974 graduate of Saltsburg High School and the former Vale Tech in Blairsville.
Tom lived his whole life in Clarksburg where he and his wife, Wendy, owned and operated Tom’s Auto Machine for the last 43 years.

He was a member and Elder of Trinity Presbyterian Church, Clarksburg; Saltsburg American Legion Post #57, where he was a son of the American Legion and Saltsburg American Legion Honor Guard; and board member and Vice-President of the Indiana County Bow & Gun Club. He mentored the Clymer Rifle Team and the Indiana County junior marksmanship training unit.

Tom was a life-long drag racer and was inducted into the Keystone Raceway Park Hall of Fame and the East Coast Drag Times Hall of Fame in Henderson, NC.

He was extremely proud of achieving the Distinguished Rifleman badge through the Civilian Marksmanship Program.

Above all, Tom enjoyed spending time with his family and especially his grandchildren.

Tom was preceded in death by his father, Frederick T. Hemphill-October 16, 1998.

He is survived by his wife of 43 years, Wendy L. (Butterworth) Hemphill of Clarksburg; children, Emily B. (Christopher) Kravetsky of Saltsburg, Katy M. (Andrew) Magliozzi of Cincinnati, OH, Jennifer L. (Joshua) Stemerick of Saltsburg; grandchildren, Andrea and Callie Kravetsky, Jordan Magliozzi, Daniel Stemerick; mother, Aletha “Lee” Franz; sisters, Rebecca “Becky” (Mark) Krynock and Kathy Conaway both of Pittsburgh; and several nieces and nephews.

Visitation will be held Thursday, April 28, 2022 from 2-4 and 6-8 P.M. in the Curran Funeral Home and Cremation Services 701 Salt St. Saltsburg. Additional viewing will be held Friday, April 29, 2022 from 10:00 A.M. until the hour of the service in the funeral home with Pastor Timothy R. Monroe officiating.

One more left the range too soon. Svg%3e

6You and 5 others

1 Comment
Sad

Comment

Multiracer

Back to top Go down

One more left the range too soon. Empty Re: One more left the range too soon.

Post by Jon Eulette 4/26/2022, 8:37 pm

Gosh this hurts bad. Tom was a great friend. We messaged yesterday morning about a project he was helping me with. He fabricated my 1911 and MG rails. Had another couple projects in the works. 
Thankfully he knew the Lord.
😭
Jon Eulette
Jon Eulette

BE Mike, 88keys and popchevy like this post

Back to top Go down

Post by popchevy 4/26/2022, 10:46 pm

Yea, this sucks. Tom was a good guy, he taught me a lot as a beginner and helped me along the way. I used to shoot beside him on the line and was looking forward to shooting with him this season. Dang , I'll miss him.   I hope God has a shooting range in Heaven !

popchevy

Jon Eulette likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by 88keys 4/27/2022, 10:34 am

This is very sad news.  Tom was a dear shooting friend, and I will miss him.  Praying for his family.

88keys

Back to top Go down

Post by Oleg G 4/27/2022, 4:52 pm

Very sad and upsetting. Tom was a very good friend and a terrific man. He helped me to get started in reloading and built the custom shades for my Sig Romeo 4 dots. He was also great on the shooting line. He will be greatly missed.
Oleg G
Oleg G

Back to top Go down

Post by brassmaster 4/28/2022, 8:23 pm

For the past several years, Tom made the 6-hour roundtrip from Clarksburg, PA to most all of our West Virginia monthly 1800 & EIC matches, Spring 2700 Championship & fall 2700 State Championship held at the Whitehorse Center. in Central WV. Shot beside Tom and scored him many times, he was a fierce competitor that would challenge many shots over the course of a day's firing, but he was always gentlemanly about it, never rude or disrespectful. 
The world is a lesser place without Tom in it and I count myself fortunate to have known him and shot beside him.
brassmaster
brassmaster

http://www.whitehorsecenter.org, click on Brassmasters

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down