Bullseye-L Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Pinhole and occluder on a clip-on glasses?

+4
WSR32
adminbot1911
Jon Eulette
corsara
8 posters

Go down

Pinhole and occluder on a clip-on glasses? Empty Pinhole and occluder on a clip-on glasses?

Post by corsara 4/26/2022, 11:41 pm

Just used this Lyman EyePal sticker tonight and wow, what a difference!  So now I want something I can flip up and down.  Found this "blue light filter clip-on" glasses on Amazon, wondering if putting black tape with a properly sized pinhole on the shooting eye, and white hockey tape on the left side would work well.  Can't believe I can find anyone ever tried this before.  Thoughts?

Pinhole and occluder on a clip-on glasses? Clip-on

corsara

Back to top Go down

Pinhole and occluder on a clip-on glasses? Empty Re: Pinhole and occluder on a clip-on glasses?

Post by Jon Eulette 4/27/2022, 12:06 am

Been there, done that, seen that.
When I started shooting BE in 89 it was common to see. I was taught by my mentor to do this. I graduated to Champion shooting glasses. 
Jon
Jon Eulette
Jon Eulette

Back to top Go down

Pinhole and occluder on a clip-on glasses? Empty Re: Pinhole and occluder on a clip-on glasses?

Post by adminbot1911 4/27/2022, 1:55 am

The metal rigging looks identical to flip down eyepatches, doesn't it?
adminbot1911
adminbot1911

Back to top Go down

Post by WSR32 4/27/2022, 9:52 am

I thought something like this might help me too and found this on Amazon:

https://smile.amazon.com/gp/product/B09KGDXWRC/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_search_asin_title?ie=UTF8&th=1

It took a little effort to find it.  Sometimes I bother with it sometimes I don't.  With the dot I have gotten used to shooting with both eyes open.  If I were to shoot more irons I might try it more regularly.  

M

WSR32

Back to top Go down

Post by Tripscape 4/27/2022, 1:25 pm

Check this out. This is what you may be looking for:

https://www.amazon.com/HySkore-Pro-Optic-Aid-Kit/dp/B0007LOYFY/ref=pd_aw_sbs_sccl_9/135-3153403-8741703?pd_rd_w=SDwvd&pf_rd_p=29b8eb90-e57c-4e36-9cd5-a7e0c9210df7&pf_rd_r=ZTFFTF899H9D33HZSEGM&pd_rd_r=b8c81d23-12be-422c-b474-973c028cee00&pd_rd_wg=9WdEX&pd_rd_i=B0007LOYFY&psc=1

Tripscape

Back to top Go down

Post by handcycle 4/28/2022, 3:00 pm

corsara wrote:Just used this Lyman EyePal sticker tonight and wow, what a difference!  So now I want something I can flip up and down.  Found this "blue light filter clip-on" glasses on Amazon, wondering if putting black tape with a properly sized pinhole on the shooting eye, and white hockey tape on the left side would work well.  Can't believe I can find anyone ever tried this before.  Thoughts?

Pinhole and occluder on a clip-on glasses? Clip-on
I made one just as you described.
handcycle
handcycle

Back to top Go down

Post by xman 4/28/2022, 5:28 pm

Be aware that there is size restriction for CMP and International shooting.

Max height is 30mm, Length is 100mm. The 100mm is mainly for occluders attached to rifles.

I dont know how it may apply to the set up proposed in this thread on a set of flip up eyeglasses.

FWIW
xman
xman

Back to top Go down

Post by Merick 4/30/2022, 3:48 pm

xman wrote:Be aware that there is size restriction for CMP and International shooting.

Max height is 30mm, Length is 100mm. The 100mm is mainly for occluders attached to rifles.

I dont know how it may apply to the set up proposed in this thread on a set of flip up eyeglasses.

FWIW

Can you point me to where occulder/aperture/glasses are in the cmp rules?

Merick

Back to top Go down

Post by xman 4/30/2022, 6:01 pm

Merick wrote:
xman wrote:Be aware that there is size restriction for CMP and International shooting.

FWIW

Can you point me to where occulder/aperture/glasses are in the cmp rules?
I should of made it clearer that the restriction on size was applicable to AP and AR for the non aiming eye occulder. My error.

Air Pistol 5.5.8 Front Blinder It is permitted to use a front blinder not more than 30 mm wide over the nonaiming eye. 

Air Rifle 5.3.6 Rear Sight Blinder A blinder may be attached to the rifle or to the rear sight. The blinder should be no more than 30 mm deep (A) and extend no more than 100 mm from the center of the rear sight aperture (B) on the side of the non-aiming eye. See illustration in rule book.

However for Pistol and Hipower CMP rule 3.6.2 Eye and Hearing Protection applies. See illustration of correct eyewear in rule book.

No mention of pinhole for AP, AR, Pistol or HP. Mea culpa.
xman
xman

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down