Bullseye-L Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Volquartsen Scorpion for Bullseye?

+2
Entropic
Jerry Goldfarb
6 posters

Go down

Volquartsen Scorpion for Bullseye? Empty Volquartsen Scorpion for Bullseye?

Post by Jerry Goldfarb Mon Aug 12, 2013 12:28 pm

I'm looking for a real LIGHTWEIGHT .22 for Bullseye.  Has anyone heard anything about or fired a Volquartsen Scorpion?  Video on Youtube is impressive.
Jerry Goldfarb
Jerry Goldfarb

Back to top Go down

Volquartsen Scorpion for Bullseye? Empty Re: Volquartsen Scorpion for Bullseye?

Post by Entropic Mon Aug 12, 2013 1:00 pm

I shot my first match ever yesterday with a LLV volquarsten with a C-more on it. Not ideal at all, but I shot expert with it. Now I just need to figure out how to get it to run with CCI standard.

Entropic

Back to top Go down

Post by mparker Mon Aug 12, 2013 7:25 pm

I built a gun that is essentially a Scorpion. It used to be a Mark III Target but now has VC guts, grip, and the LLV barrel. From a bench it is as good as any match grade 22LR I own. Off hand it is bigger than most, a bit heavy, and not ideally configured for bullseye. Still, with practice . . .

Scott Volquartsen told me that their pistols are made to be used with CCI SV ammo. What problems are you having?

mparker

Back to top Go down

Post by Entropic Mon Aug 12, 2013 8:01 pm

It has been a while since I have had any standard velocity to try it with, but it I remember correctly, it will not cycle the bolt.

Entropic

Back to top Go down

Post by Jwhelan939 Mon Aug 12, 2013 10:18 pm

I have a Volquartsen scorpion. I love it. Shoots great with wolf. Weight with Volthane grips, pdp3 and a compensator are still less than a 1911. When I get home tomorrow I'll weigh it for you and post.

Jwhelan939

Back to top Go down

Post by Jerry Goldfarb Tue Aug 13, 2013 5:52 am

Jwhelan939 wrote:I have a Volquartsen scorpion. I love it. Shoots great with wolf. Weight with Volthane grips, pdp3 and a compensator are still less than a 1911. When I get home tomorrow I'll weigh it for you and post.
 Thanks.  My 1911 with iron sights weighs 2.5# without magazine.  The Scorpion lists at 1lb 15 ounces.
Jerry Goldfarb
Jerry Goldfarb

Back to top Go down

Post by KammPhoto Tue Aug 13, 2013 2:17 pm

I was also wondering if anyone has used this pistol in competition. I have just started in this sport and I am using a High Standard model 106 made in 1975. Currently using open sights. I do have a 7 in Volquarsten barrel on order and a UniDot. I was told that I should only use standard velocity ammo. Ammo is hard to get especially when it needs to be standard velocity. So I decided to purchase an new pistol. I went with Volquartsen Scorpion with 6 inch non-threaded barrel (NYS). Now the wait.

KammPhoto

Back to top Go down

Post by Jack H Tue Aug 13, 2013 2:41 pm

If SV ammo is not available, folks ought to stick to their Rugers for the time being.  Rugers are like Mikey.  They eat anything.
Jack H
Jack H

Back to top Go down

Post by Jwhelan939 Tue Aug 13, 2013 2:59 pm

My scorpion with 6" threaded barrel, Volthane grips, compensator, pdp3, and loaded mag weighs 46 ounces.
I didn't want to wait, or spend 1200$, so I bought it piece by piece and built it for a fraction of the price. Shoots great. I know your looking for really light, but I actually like the added weight of the compensator. Weight is really the only reason I use it.

Jwhelan939

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down