Bullseye-L Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Upgrade for Bullseye Precision Competition

+2
BE Mike
PaulK51
6 posters

Go down

Upgrade for Bullseye Precision Competition Empty Upgrade for Bullseye Precision Competition

Post by PaulK51 5/5/2022, 6:42 am

I just upgraded to a brand new Springfield Garrison for use in Precision Bullseye Competition. I have a rail installed with a dot sight. I have been advised that changing the short recoil rod to a full length one can improve cycling. Any recommendations on 2 piece or one piece rod, advantages, disadvantages, make or material? Thanks, Paul

Last edited by PaulK51 on 5/5/2022, 6:43 am; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : added description)

PaulK51

Back to top Go down

Upgrade for Bullseye Precision Competition Empty Re: Upgrade for Bullseye Precision Competition

Post by BE Mike 5/5/2022, 8:37 am

PaulK51 wrote:I just upgraded to a brand new Springfield Garrison for use in Precision Bullseye Competition. I have a rail installed with a dot sight. I have been advised that changing the short recoil rod to a full length one can improve cycling. Any recommendations on 2 piece or one piece rod, advantages, disadvantages, make or material? Thanks, Paul
The best bullseye pistolsmiths don't use full length guide rods and they are reliable. I'd say to look to spend your money elsewhere, but I'm open to hear what the bullseye smiths on this site say.
BE Mike
BE Mike

Back to top Go down

Upgrade for Bullseye Precision Competition Empty Re: Upgrade for Bullseye Precision Competition

Post by james r chapman 5/5/2022, 8:51 am

Advantage for full length if using a .22 conversion on a CF pistol.
Easiest to swap out
james r chapman
james r chapman
Admin

8eightring and Fotomaniac like this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Al 5/5/2022, 1:40 pm

Agree with James, only use I've ever seen for a full length guide rod is if using the same frame for both a CF and a 22 conversion.

If something is so off it would take a FL guiderod to correct the problem, you've got a lot bigger issues.

Al

Fotomaniac likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Steve B 5/5/2022, 2:54 pm

I disagree on the best pistolsmiths not using full length guide rods.  Full length guide rods prevent potential binding of the recoil spring which can drastically shorten their life. 

To the OP I would recommend having the bushing changed by a knowledgeable gunsmith.  While they have your pistol they can check barrel leg fit and see if a larger diameter slide stop will improve this accuracy critical fit area.

Steve B

kc.crawford.7 likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Darrell Cox 5/5/2022, 3:25 pm

I have never found that guide rods ever helped with accuracy.
I do believe they extend spring life by reducing binding. I would NEVER run one in a duty/defensive pistol.

Darrell Cox

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down