Bullseye-L Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Frame vs slide

4 posters

Go down

Frame vs slide Empty Frame vs slide

Post by Flytrap1 8/15/2013, 5:53 am

What is the preferred way to mount a red dot to a 1911,on the slide or on the frame?

Flytrap1

Back to top Go down

Frame vs slide Empty Re: Frame vs slide

Post by sixftunda 8/15/2013, 7:42 am

Just a few topics down from this one you will see a thread discussing this very subject. Slide mount is the overwhelming choice but either is a good way to go.
sixftunda
sixftunda

Back to top Go down

Post by dronning 8/15/2013, 7:58 am

I went through this decision earlier this year, I shot both.  I liked the feel of the frame mount and I figured with less moving mass there "might" be fewer issues with lighter loads.  BUT there were more slide mounts than frame mounts at Perry.  When I saw that Les Baer only listed their wad gun with a frame mount that sold me and I bought one.

Either way when done right will work well - shoot both then decide for yourself.  Don't let anyone tell you a slide mount will kill your optics because it won't.  The optics today can take more than any 1911 can dish out.
dronning
dronning

Back to top Go down

Post by DavidR 8/15/2013, 9:14 am

Les Baer sells them both ways, they just push the frame mount more, some of the top shooters are now moving to frame mounts.
DavidR
DavidR
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down