Bullseye-L Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Replaced O rings and recoil spring on my Pardini SP

Go down

Replaced O rings and recoil spring on my Pardini SP Empty Replaced O rings and recoil spring on my Pardini SP

Post by BruceV Mon May 09, 2022 11:00 am

I have fired 11,000 rounds through my Pardini and decided to check out the o-rings in the bolt and measure the difference between the recoil spring with a new one.

When I picked up my Pardini the dealer took out 1 o-ring from the stack of 13.  His experience was this would all but eliminate stove piping. 

Thanks to Doug White for posting a detailed procedure for the removal and installation for the o-rings.

It is really straight forward but with his tips it made the process 1 very easy and 2 you felt like you knew exactly what you were doing.

The entire procedure took about 15 minutes.

So my o-rings - the first 6 - the farthest ones in the bolt had flatten out, very noticeable, the other 6 looked to be perfect. In Doug's post he mentioned you could probably re-use the ones that looked okay if you were on a tight budget, he suggested replacing all of them.  I replaced all of them.

My recoil spring looked fine - don't know what a bad one would look like.  I replaced it because comparing it with the new one it was almost a half inch shorter.  Now I don't know if that mattered at all, but none the less I replaced it.

It may be just my imagination after re-assembling the gun and racking the bolt a few times, it really felt a little harder/stiffer than it did with the old spring.

I don't know if either of these items needed to be replaced or not, but it was easy and inexpensive, so I chalked it up to preventative maintenance.

I took a good look at the firing pin and extractor, they looked fine, I've not had issues with either so today I left them alone.

I will see how everything goes later this afternoon, I don't foresee any problems.

BruceV

Back to top Go down

Replaced O rings and recoil spring on my Pardini SP Empty Re: Replaced O rings and recoil spring on my Pardini SP

Post by BruceV Mon May 09, 2022 5:21 pm

Went to my club fired 60 rounds through it, rapid fire, figured if it was going to malfunction it would then.  Functioned perfectly, well it appears I didn't screw anything up.

BruceV

Back to top Go down