Bullseye-L Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Labradar Chronograph

+3
RoyDean
SingleActionAndrew
Axehandle
7 posters

Go down

Labradar Chronograph Empty Labradar Chronograph

Post by Axehandle 5/22/2022, 5:46 pm

Labradar performance exceeds any consumer level velocity acquisition system. It continually measures velocities of your rifle, pistol, shotgun (slugs), arrows or pellets up to 100 yards depending upon the size of the bullet. Smaller bullets do not track as far as large bullets. Multiple distances for velocity display are user definable on the unit. LabRadar measures velocities up to 3,900 f.p.s. with 0.1% accuracy using six AA batteries. Labradar is not dependent on any light source and can be used indoors/outdoors in all weather conditions. It is positioned to the side of the weapon, not downrange where other systems are prone to damage. Each shot series provides Hi, Low, Average, ES, SD.  Individual shots display velocities at the muzzle and up to five additional distances along with Kinetic Energy at each distance. The data is downloadable via USB or SD card.  Built in IPSC / IDPA Power Factor Calculator.  Mounts on standard ¼ x 20 tripod thread. (tripod not included).
  • Advanced tracking radar

• Tracks bullets up to 100 yards.

• Up to 100 shot per series with up to 9,999 series

• Records velocities from 65 fps to 3,900 fps

• Metric or Standard velocity and distance reporting

• High, Low, Average, ES, SD data

• Delete shot function

• Kinetic Energy calculation

• IPSC / IDPA Power Factor calculation

• Power down with no memory loss

• USB and SD card downloads of stored data for PC use

• Battery status indicator

• Large 3.5” display

• 6 AA battery operation (not included)

• Operating Temperature range (15°F to 110°F)

Axehandle

Back to top Go down

Labradar Chronograph Empty Re: Labradar Chronograph

Post by Axehandle 5/22/2022, 5:47 pm

Reads good doesn't it?  Mine will be here in a few days.  Expecting lots of indoor fun.

Axehandle

Back to top Go down

Post by SingleActionAndrew 5/22/2022, 6:16 pm

Yep it's really great. I've only used mine indoors but I put batteries in it and it worked with my 45. I note my numbers elsewhere so I haven't used the SD card or really any advanced functions yet
SingleActionAndrew
SingleActionAndrew

Back to top Go down

Post by RoyDean 5/22/2022, 7:08 pm

i have had lots of problems with my LabRadar - particularly connecting to Android devices. They are useful and convenient, but, far, far from perfect.

My 2 cents.

RoyDean

Back to top Go down

Post by SingleActionAndrew 5/22/2022, 9:27 pm

I could have been more descriptive:
-Setup to detect fire from my gun was very low effort
-Shot detection is reliable. My use has been indoors and not too busy of a range
-Aiming the unit hasn't been an issue
-It measures the velocity and shows me that and the spread for my tests

I don't have access to a range where I could put a chronograph forward of the firing line. Labradar solved that issue for me and my load development.
SingleActionAndrew
SingleActionAndrew

Back to top Go down

Post by fc60 5/23/2022, 8:34 am

Greetings,

I am a new owner of a LabRadar.

So far, I enjoy it very much.

Setup time is much reduced over my old chronograph with the Rabbit Ears that need to be precisely aligned down range.

Mental note, contact vendor for a new set of sensors to replace the one I shot with my Steyr BB gun!!!

I did buy the accessory microphone for the LabRadar. Works much better for 22lr and 32 ACP ammo.

Cheers,

Dave
fc60
fc60

Back to top Go down

Post by Ray Dash 5/24/2022, 2:21 am

I have a love/hate relationship with mine. There are a couple new doppler chrono's coming out soon and the Labradar might be a thing of the past for me in the near future.
Ray Dash
Ray Dash

Back to top Go down

Post by jim1K 5/24/2022, 7:30 am

I have used a Labradar since they came out and since I have the big battery and the trigger it will go all season and never miss a shot.. Set up is fast too..... Jim

jim1K

Back to top Go down

Post by Ray Dash 5/24/2022, 9:34 am

I don't know what I am doing wrong with mine but I have the trigger, battery and tripod. I have the aiming device on the top and still miss critical shots when I am trying to do load development.
Ray Dash
Ray Dash

Back to top Go down

Post by jim1K 5/24/2022, 10:23 am

Ray Dash wrote:I don't know what I am doing wrong with mine but I have the trigger, battery and tripod. I have the aiming device on the top and still miss critical shots when I am trying to do load development.

What are you aiming the Labradar at when you use it? at 100 yds. I have a 3d printed aiming device screwed on the top and I need to be a little high..... Jim

jim1K

Back to top Go down

Post by Ray Dash 5/24/2022, 2:22 pm

I am using one of the 3D printed aiming tools with the crosshairs. I tried aiming directly at the target and was told at 100 yards to aim a little to the left of the target if the LR is on the right hand side. The LR picks up 8 out of 10 shots for me. Its still better than the Magnetospeed that I had before.
Ray Dash
Ray Dash

Back to top Go down

Post by jim1K 5/25/2022, 4:27 am

Ray Dash wrote:I am using one of the 3D printed aiming tools with the crosshairs. I tried aiming directly at the target and was told at 100 yards to aim a little to the left of the target if the LR is on the right hand side. The LR picks up 8 out of 10 shots for me. Its still better than the Magnetospeed that I had before.

You do have it set for the trigger? It's not timing out  when you miss a shot? the cross hairs need to be higher than the target no left or right.... Jim

jim1K

Back to top Go down

Post by Ray Dash 5/25/2022, 9:23 am

Yes I have it set to trigger and it gives me the projectile could not be found error. I will try to aim over the target a little and see if it helps. The F-Class guys say to aim it to the right or left of the target depending on what side of the rifle you have it on so that the bullet crosses the path of the radar, that is why I have been trying that lately.
Ray Dash
Ray Dash

Back to top Go down

Post by jim1K 5/25/2022, 12:10 pm

I'm left handed so the Labradar is to the left of the barrel about 3", The trigger is velcroed to the forend and I have no issues.... Jim

jim1K

Back to top Go down

Post by Ray Dash 5/26/2022, 2:30 am

Labradar Chronograph Labrad10
Printed this last night, I will throw one of my red dots on top this weekend and see if I can get better results.
Ray Dash
Ray Dash

Back to top Go down

Post by jim1K 5/26/2022, 4:45 am

I really don't think you need something that suffocated.....  call the help thing and let them walk you through it... Jim

jim1K

Back to top Go down

Post by Ray Dash 5/29/2022, 1:11 pm

Took the Labradar out today with the red dot attached, pointed the dot right at the top of the target and for the first time owning it the chrono read every single shot. Looks like the red dot is staying on.
Ray Dash
Ray Dash

RoyDean likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by SingleActionAndrew 5/29/2022, 3:28 pm

I've only used it indoors but from 15 to 25 yards with 380 through 460 Rowland and not using a trigger attachment, sighting device or connecting it to my phone, never missed a shot yet. But less than 300 shots admittedly (It's another trip to the car for the Labrador kit)
SingleActionAndrew
SingleActionAndrew

Back to top Go down

Post by tommy b 5/31/2022, 8:18 pm

I have had my Labradar for about 2 years and am entirely satisfied with it. I used to have a rabbit ears type. The manufacturer advertised that it would work indoors. Let me tell you, it wouldn't work under fluorescent lights.  For me it worked well outdoors but since 90% of my shooting is indoors it wasn't worth keeping. I fiddled with it for about 6 months and finally sold it to a buddy that shoots at an outdoor range only. I couldn't be happier with the LR. Usually, when I have a problem not recording shots it's my fault. Muzzle not in proper position, forgot to arm it, not resetting it when it times out etc. For me it's worth the investment.

tommy b

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down