Bullseye-L Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Need new mag for my Kart conversion

4 posters

Go down

Need new mag for my Kart conversion Empty Need new mag for my Kart conversion

Post by PMcfall 5/30/2022, 9:54 am

I want to buy a new mag for my Kart conversion, what is available that works well?  Has to lock back.  Are the Triple K mags any good?
Thanks
Phil
PMcfall
PMcfall

Back to top Go down

Need new mag for my Kart conversion Empty Re: Need new mag for my Kart conversion

Post by 8eightring 5/30/2022, 10:53 am

PMcfall wrote:I want to buy a new mag for my Kart conversion, what is available that works well?  Has to lock back.  Are the Triple K mags any good?
Thanks
Phil
I have been using the Triple K mags. They might need some tuning to get you going but they are good mags.
By the way, nothing I have tried can get that soft shooting Wolf Match target to work in my kart.
8eightring
8eightring

Back to top Go down

Need new mag for my Kart conversion Empty Re: Need new mag for my Kart conversion

Post by Froneck 5/30/2022, 3:09 pm

I have a new never used Colt .22 Mag that came with my Kart Conversion (not for sale) I seen that it will work better in a Nelson than the Nelson Mags. Not liking the Nelson I decided to build my own conversion and intend to use the Colt Ace mag. They are available on ebay but for a small fortune! Friend of mine gave me a Metalform Ace Mag. I called Metalform, they no longer make the Ace and tooling was scrapped. However I was able to get Triple K Mags from Brownells. Haven't completed my conversion yet nor have I shot the Nelson so I have nothing to report on the quality of the Triple K mags. All I can say is they look good.

Froneck

Back to top Go down

Post by Kp321 5/31/2022, 8:35 am

I have been shooting a Nelson for five years, about 200 rounds per week using Nelson mags. Never had a misfeed attributed to a magazine in that time period. 
Another possibility is the GSG 1911 magazine they work fine with my Nelson, just don’t lock back 100% of the time.

Kp321

Back to top Go down

Post by Froneck 6/5/2022, 5:55 am

I did buy a few GSG mags. AMU epoxied a shim in the rear of the magazine to make them work better. I'm not saying the Nelson Mags will not work, I don't like the way they release the round to early.

Froneck

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down