Bullseye-L Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Share your drills that are fun to do

+2
bruce martindale
Merick
6 posters

Go down

Share your drills that are fun to do Empty Share your drills that are fun to do

Post by Merick Fri Jun 03, 2022 9:45 pm

Dry fire on a blank wall is good for what ails us, but it feels like an exercise in nihilism.

I'll post three repair centers in a triangle where none are horizontal or vertical to the others (eg.; 1, 5, &9 o'clock ) and put one shot on each until the all have 10, so I have to reset my npa between each shot. 

Double stack that with ball/dummy out of a revolver and suddenly it's real work. 

What are your favorites?

Merick

Back to top Go down

Share your drills that are fun to do Empty Re: Share your drills that are fun to do

Post by bruce martindale Sat Jun 04, 2022 2:57 pm

Dry fire with gun down at bench or in your lap.

Gets a real sense of trigger quality. Start at not touching and build continuously

bruce martindale

https://www.bullseyeforum.net/t20747-feeling-center-a-10-bullsey

john bickar likes this post

Back to top Go down

Share your drills that are fun to do Empty Re: Share your drills that are fun to do

Post by Arthur Tue Jun 07, 2022 8:53 pm

Ball and dummy tells the truth.

Using your target guns to plink. I enjoy shooting clay birds at 25 yds at the stone quarry. 

Best 
Arthur

Arthur

Back to top Go down

Post by jwax Tue Jun 07, 2022 9:18 pm

Get a decent air pistol. Pace off 10 meters. Place bullseye air target .
Put pellets in the middle. Costs pennies, max fun.
jwax
jwax

chopper likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by only_8_ring Sat Aug 20, 2022 4:21 pm

This week I'm trying to improve my slow fire scores after switching to a heavier gun. My (old) Ruger Mk IV weighs 1 lb 15 oz (880g) and my (new) Pardini SP weighs 2 lb 15 oz (1330g). I shot one local league match with the Pardini, and my slow fire scores later in the match really suffered. I think it's because of fatigue from not being used to the weight of the Pardini.

In order to improve, I'm doing:
- Hold drills with the Pardini while watching TV, 1 minute at a time
- Hold drills with a 1m string attached at one end to a small (1oz or less) object and the other attached to the end of my barrel
- Single shot slow fire dry fire
- Doing hold drills with a 5lb weight

It's boring, but it may get me those couple of points back!

only_8_ring

Back to top Go down

Post by dannyd93140 Sat Aug 20, 2022 5:03 pm

I took pictures of the range scaled them into a power point file of 100 slides that are numbered and change every 5 seconds.  So I dry fire at least once a day to this presentation. Have one for 25 yards and one for 50 yards.

Share your drills that are fun to do E7abce10
dannyd93140
dannyd93140

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down